Do You Wash Your Hands After Doin Your Business?

lockmat

Clean or Nasty?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Do you wash your hands after using the restroom?

• yes
    • no
    • most of the time
    • not usually
    • depends
    • I act like I'm washing them by running water over my hands w/o soap
    • I didn't get them dirty, so why do I need to wash them?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We are a hygienic bunch. No slobs here.

I wash my hands when I use the restroom, but I don't Lysol my remote, worry about door knobs, use hand sanitizers or anti-bacterial soap. Low level exposure to germs keeps the body's immune system functioning. As Mao said, "a fish cannot live in distilled water."

How appropriate this thread is up. I just deboned a chicken, and bleached the cutting board.

I had too many chicken bits under my nails, so I actually just trimmed them back and then scrubbed a second time. That will probably be the extent of my de-germing today.

Funny thing about Japan #341:

People are concerned about how to clean cutting boards after having meat on them. My night class students told me you're supposed to clean it with boiling water or bleach. Or, you can cut open a milk carton and lay it flat and use that for a cutting board and throw it away.

And then you go out for dinner and people are eating raw chicken and raw beef liver as appetizers.

:lol:

• 4 weeks later...
I can't get the water HOT enough for me after using a public facility. I didn't used to be like that. I even go so far as to carry a papertowel to the door, because after all the washing , you still have to open the door leading out, and do you really want to touch that ?

I do the same.....you can tell how many "clean" people you are around at a place by the presence of or lack of a pile of papertowels in the corner near the door because the trash can is 500 feet away from the door

Freaks...

Howie.jpg

;)

Not sure of the one on the left but the one on the right is like major FREAK.

Could be worse though, could run into George Michael in the can. Wasn't he busted for being as frisky as that senator dude in the airport incident/situation? The toe-tapping-signal-something-or-the-other? Scary stuff. :mellow:

Could be worse though, could run into George Michael in the can. Wasn't he busted for being as frisky as that senator dude in the airport incident/situation? The toe-tapping-signal-something-or-the-other? Scary stuff. :mellow:

He just had a "wide stance".

I think GM was doing a bit more than tapping his toes.

• 1 year later...

First off, I do wash my hands after using the toilet. Always.

That's my big neuroticism, is when a bathroom door is configured to swing inward so that you have to make contact and pull on a handle that you just know is covered in filth. That, and when facets require too much torque to turn off.

At times like that, I always end up asking myself, "What's the point?"

I worry when that type of setup is in restaurants.

Yeah, but I hate bathrooms that don't have paper towels, only that crappy air blower thing!

Yes, I despise air blowers too (some of them claim that it's more sanitary than paper towels...HA!) but there's the airblower at the First Colony Mall restrooms that's really awesome. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? If yes, than you too, have experienced it.

That's my big neuroticism, is when a bathroom door is configured to swing inward so that you have to make contact and pull on a handle that you just know is covered in filth. That, and when facets require too much torque to turn off.

At times like that, I always end up asking myself, "What's the point?"

That is why I always get a paper towel BEFORE I wash my hands.

Take a napkin in there with you. In case it has one of those tree hugger air blower thing.

Reminds me of a joke I heard once:

There were 3 men at the urinal in a public restroom. The first man finished, went to the sink, washed his hands and then took 1 papertowel. By this time the 2nd man was washing his hands, and he scrubbed and scrubbed. They both looked at each other, and the first man said "I went to Berkley and they taught us conservation". The second man said " I went to BYU and they taught us cleanliness is next to Godliness". By this time the third man finished and was holding the door open for the other 2. He looked at them and said "Well, I went to the University of Texas, and they taught us not to piss on our hands." :D

Yes, I despise air blowers too (some of them claim that it's more sanitary than paper towels...HA!) but there's the airblower at the First Colony Mall restrooms that's really awesome. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? If yes, than you too, have experienced it.

Dyson Airblade?

Airblade

The XLerator one works pretty well, too:

XLerator

The Airblade is really the only one I don't mind using...but one slip of the hand and you'll accidentally touch it. The horror!

Dyson Airblade?

Airblade

We have a few of these where I work. First time I saw it there was someone else in the restroom and I didn't know how to use it. I had an idea, but was to embarrassed to try. I think it would make more sense if you put your hands in horizontally, but I guess vertical serves more people as it shouldn't discriminate against height.

We have a few of these where I work. First time I saw it there was someone else in the restroom and I didn't know how to use it. I had an idea, but was to embarrassed to try. I think it would make more sense if you put your hands in horizontally, but I guess vertical serves more people as it shouldn't discriminate against height.

They have one of these at the Hyatt. Odd contraption. Does anyone know if the energy used to create the blowing effect outweighs the cost of paper towels? Or, the environmental costs? Is it better to cut down a forest of trees to make the paper towels than to burn some coal to power the blower? I'm so conflicted. I think I'll just wipe my hands on my pants.

• The title was changed to Do You Wash Your Hands After Doin Your Business?

Archived