Klein Cain High School At 10201 Spring Cypress Rd.

Chris

Name for Klein High School #5  

25 members have voted

1. 1. What should Klein ISD name High School #5

• Klein Pines
    • Klein Woods
    • Klein West
    • Klein Coves
    • Klein Ranch
    • Klein Lakes
    • Klein Vintage
    • Klein Cypress
    • Klein Willows
    • Klein Springs
    • Klein Farms
    • Klein Trails
    • Klein Kohrville
    • Let future Students named it
    • Klein Glen
    • Klein Klink
    • Don't Build it

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frank Elementary will have T-Buildings on the first day of school? That is rediculous. No new school should have to open with T-Buildings.

My bad, they had the first one in around Thanksgiving. I was only off by a few months. They have already run the conduit for all the others they anticipate.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Second Floor Overall

KHS7.jpg

Second Floor Athletics Block

KHS8.jpg

Second Floor Academics Blcok

The Second and Third Floor Academics Block are the same so I will combine the two in one photo

KHS8.jpg

Second Floor Fine arts Block

Auditurum Balcony MEP areas

Third Floor overall

KHS10.jpg

Third Floor Athletics Block

KHS11.jpg

Third Floor Academics were combined into the second floor Academics due to thier similarity

Third Floor Fine Arts Block

KHS12.jpg

Fourth Floor

KHS13.jpg

• 1 year later...

The District has decided to move about half funds from the "Klein Pines" to build a new elementary school and a new intermediate school.

(My absolutely crazy Interpretation is its canceled.) Until the next Bond Issue

• 2 years later...

I assume most have heard the news but just in case here is some information and images.  The next question would be zoning??

"Nearly six years after initially considering designs for the district’s fifth high school, the Klein ISD board of trustees approved a new design June 9 for High School No. 5, which is planned for completion in August 2017."

http://impactnews.com/houston-metro/spring--klein/klein-isd-approves-design-for-high-school-no.-5/

Believe it or not I'm actually going to be a draftsman for this new highschool :P

It will be located on Spring Cypress Rd. and Cutten Rd.

What happened was that the school was essentially shelved for 6 years because the district either didn't get the funding or possibly the recession.

Through a process of a couple months of meetings with administrators and Klein ISD staff the building was redesigned from the inside out to meet the new needs of the curriculum as well as try to predict what education would be in the future. As far as the interiors of this building goes it is definitely going to be a "21st century school". While a new design for the exterior was done, it was not approved by the board and so instead the exterior from 6 years ago will be used.

Not really going to give my options on either the interior or exterior because well....i work here lol and don't want to divulge such information. It is going to be a very exciting project for a young architect like me to assist on however and that I'm very excited! I mean this is going to be an enormous school!

Maybe a little further down the line I can expose some images of what it might look like :) For now I have no idea whether I'm even allowed to do so. Hope this clears up some stuff :) 

• 2 weeks later...

I like the exterior, and that they are trying to make a nod to the district's German roots. Reminds me a little of the train station in Nurnberg, though I will probably want to retract that when I look it up. Hopefully the architects understand that this must not compete with Klein High School as the district's flagship campus. :P

Lets just say that the German thing was what they wanted to do 6 years ago......they wanted a very contemporary look the second go around. The 6 year old exterior won. Maybe I will throw it up sometime or maybe I won't lol. Anyway, at least it should be a nice building when completed. Overall the building is over 665,000sqft :P so it's certainly up there with Klein High.

Edited by Luminare

Lets just say that the German thing was what they wanted to do 6 years ago......they wanted a very contemporary look the second go around. The 6 year old exterior won. Maybe I will throw it up sometime or maybe I won't lol. Anyway, at least it should be a nice building when completed. Overall the building is over 665,000sqft :P so it's certainly up there with Klein High.

If you can't be Oxford, aim for Cambridge...

• 10 months later...

Its not going to look like that >.> Trust me!

That's too bad. A missed opportunity for the core operating values of the post-millennial secondary education establishment to be made manifest in the built environment. 

• Like 1

What neighborhoods will be zoned to this new school? Gleannloch? Windrose? Have they released the proposed zoning for this High School?

There probably will not be any info on this for awhile. I mean the Board just recently approved the money to fund it. The building doesn't even have a name yet. Its not expected by completed by August of 2017 so you might not know that for at least another year.

• 5 months later...

Anticipating this to be a very nasty zoning fight. Some neighborhoods that have been in the KHS zone for a while will need to be moved out, and with the KHS rebuild, they'll have no desire to do so.

It was incredibly shortsighted to put HS #5 on the backburner simply because of KHS's political pull.

There are two more scheduled meetings which are open to the public and they hold repeat sessions in the evenings.

November 10: 1-2:30 PM & 6-7:30 PM

December 1: 1-2:30 PM & 6-7:30 PM

Based on the two Options provided during the first meeting it appears there is very little difference between Option 1 and Option 2.  As for the old KHS neighborhoods moving to HS#5 the general boundaries seem to be these:

North = Spring Cypress

South = Louetta

West = District border

East = Drainage ditch approximately three blocks west of Champion Forest

HS #5 name, mascot and color RUMOR.  Consider this just for fun because I have zero confirmation of what was being tossed around while voting yesterday.  Apparently this is what the kids are hearing at Doerre and Ulrich.  But for some reason I thought the kids get to vote on mascot and color???

Klein Cain Cardinals (Crimson and Gold)

*Cain = Dr. Jim Cain is retiring and the district wants to honor him

*Cardinals = We have three cats in the district and only one bird (Bearkats, Tigers, Panthers, Eagles) and there are no other schools close by with this mascot.

*Crimson and Gold = All other KISD high schools have gold as their secondary colors while Blue, Navy, Black as their primary.  Maybe colors like San Francisco 49ers, Boston College, or Florida State?