Klein Cain High School At 10201 Spring Cypress Rd.

Chris

Name for Klein High School #5  

25 members have voted

1. 1. What should Klein ISD name High School #5

• Klein Pines
    • Klein Woods
    • Klein West
    • Klein Coves
    • Klein Ranch
    • Klein Lakes
    • Klein Vintage
    • Klein Cypress
    • Klein Willows
    • Klein Springs
    • Klein Farms
    • Klein Trails
    • Klein Kohrville
    • Let future Students named it
    • Klein Glen
    • Klein Klink
    • Don't Build it

Are they still planning on shifting enrollment Westward to alleviate overcrowding and future growth in the KF zone?

I had read in the PASA report that neighborhoods on the North side of FM 1960 (and some right on the South side) would be rezoned to Klein in order to make room for additional growth in that Southern part of the District that stretches all the way to Inwood Forest.

Yes

If they do I hope they put stalls in the restrooms. :ph34r:

Wow that bad

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand now. Do that many kids from all the way next to 249 really go to KO though? It seems like #5 would have to pull a lot of kids from Klein, although I'm sure the ones chosen would be furious if that happened.. Did any kids from Klein even go to Collins?

Well Gleannloch Farms goes to KO, Memorial Springs which is west of GF on Spring Cypress goes to KO. Basically any neighborhood North of Spring Cypress, and East of 249 that is in the Klein School District goes to KO. Some travel as many as 14 miles to get there.

And my understanding is that Greenwood Forest is slated to be rezoned to Klein in the future, however that is merely just a plan, and not fact. It makes no sense to zone a neighborhood that has KFHS in it to another school. but KISD Admin has yet to show any intelligence in the zoning dept so anything is possible.

I think it makes a lot of sense. KF may sit next to GF, but it might as well be a world away. Having grown up there and having a fondness for that neighborhood and the ones around it, I hope they do it. It'll be a great thing for that area and the district overall.

Edited by mrfootball

Well Gleannloch Farms goes to KO, Memorial Springs which is west of GF on Spring Cypress goes to KO. Basically any neighborhood North of Spring Cypress, and East of 249 that is in the Klein School District goes to KO. Some travel as many as 14 miles to get there.

And my understanding is that Greenwood Forest is slated to be rezoned to Klein in the future, however that is merely just a plan, and not fact. It makes no sense to zone a neighborhood that has KFHS in it to another school. but KISD Admin has yet to show any intelligence in the zoning dept so anything is possible.

I'm sure it's because they try to cater to all the Klein High residents. They don't wanna ruffle and feathers and keep them happy. Too much money there.

They SHOULD do everything they can to keep residents happy and ensure safe, productive learning environments for students that want to learn. Spring ISD could learn a thing or two. I think Klein residents and school board members have learned from Spring ISD's downfall. They've seen what happens when residents want to revolt.

(Spring ISD should rezone all of their North FM 1960 residents to Spring High so they can at least have one good remaining school feeder zone rather than 3 bad ones).

Edited by mrfootball

I think it makes a lot of sense. KF may sit next to GF, but it might as well be a world away. Having grown up there and having a fondness for that neighborhood and the ones around it, I hope they do it. It'll be a great thing for that area and the district overall.

I agree KFHS is now a gheto :mellow:

I'm sure it's because they try to cater to all the Klein High residents. They don't wanna ruffle and feathers and keep them happy. Too much money there.

That because KHS is the flagship school of KISD

Edited by klein

They SHOULD do everything they can to keep residents happy and ensure safe, productive learning environments for students that want to learn. Spring ISD could learn a thing or two. I think Klein residents and school board members have learned from Spring ISD's downfall. They've seen what happens when residents want to revolt.

Well what about the other schools? Should this only be done for Klein? Why can't this still be accomplished if lines are redrawn?

I know it'd be terrible if Klein saw a little more color in their schools.

I agree KFHS is now a gheto :mellow:

Been ghetto.

That because KHS is the flagship school of KISD

Politics at play I guess.

I agree, however they should not practice this at the expense of others. The KHS plan is nothing more than pandering to the wealthier KHS families. If I lived in the South end of the District I would be FURIOUS since they were wanting a new HS to relieve pressure off of KF, instead the district expanded KF, and it is still overcrowded.

I agree, however they should not practice this at the expense of others. The KHS plan is nothing more than pandering to the wealthier KHS families. If I lived in the South end of the District I would be FURIOUS since they were wanting a new HS to relieve pressure off of KF, instead the district expanded KF, and it is still overcrowded.

That is one way to look at it, but rationally speaking they have to relieve overcrowding at KF and the only way to do it is to take those residents on the nearest side to the next school and send them there. The departure of those neighborhoods won't have any effect on KFHS other than allowing immediate enrollment relief, enabling a higher student-teacher ratio and more individual instruction and attention for kids that desparately need it.

Edited by mrfootball

That is one way to look at it, but rationally speaking they have to relieve overcrowding at KF and the only way to do it is to take those residents on the nearest side to the next school and send them there. The departure of those neighborhoods won't have any effect on KFHS other than allowing immediate enrollment relief, enabling a higher student-teacher ratio and more individual instruction and attention for kids that desparately need it.

They could build a new High School south of the Beltway

The bond committee was supposed to have another meeting last night. Anybody hear anything about it? I'm wondering if Whitehead's wish to move the Klein High students to the new school is still the plan that the bond committee is going forward with, or whether anyone on the bond committee has come up with an alternate plan.

The bond committee was supposed to have another meeting last night. Anybody hear anything about it? I'm wondering if Whitehead's wish to move the Klein High students to the new school is still the plan that the bond committee is going forward with, or whether anyone on the bond committee has come up with an alternate plan.

I don't know but heres Dates of the other Bond meetings anyway

Bond Meeting times and Dates

They could build a new High School south of the Beltway

It would actually be a waste of money to build a new HS south of the beltway. Klein Forest would have 1,800-2,000 students with the new HS with about the same enrollment when the building capacities are at 3,000 students.

I believe that a large group on that committe think this is a good idea, however that large group is primarily made up of KHS parents. I don't think this will be well recieved outside the KHS zone. Maybe they should pull that section out of the bond package since it is the most controversial and have the KHS issues voted on independently. Just a thought.

I believe that a large group on that committe think this is a good idea, however that large group is primarily made up of KHS parents. I don't think this will be well recieved outside the KHS zone. Maybe they should pull that section out of the bond package since it is the most controversial and have the KHS issues voted on independently. Just a thought.

I like this idea!

I would just hate to see areas that really need the help and the growth issues addressed rejected becuase this bond issue gets shot down over the new KHS plan. I doubt Klein will do this.

Yes, you're probably right about that, but I don't plan to vote FOR the bond package in its' current state.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry, that was meant to be humorous, but I can see how someone from Doerre might be easily offended by such a remark. Honestly, though, did you not find any humor at all in the signs that students from opposing teams held up during football season that read, "What is a Bearkat?" I'm pretty sure those are used year after year at the games.

Correct, however I can't justify voting for this program when KISD is wanting to build a new KHS, when they can remodel the current building to meet the needs of the community and students for half the cost. KISD won't even explore this proposition.

Why don't they just tear down the old main building and maybe a couple others and rebuild those? It would be silly to tear down buildings like the Pavilion, the Commons, and the Highrise that are so relatively young. One of my favorite things about Klein was walking outside between classes; would hate to see it all become one building.

The Stadium was built in 1967 and has a capacity of 8,356

Site of the state record, 109 yard interception return by Klein's Jason Hebert in 1996.

tbhs_klein.jpg

I was there. Who were they playing?

They SHOULD do everything they can to keep residents happy and ensure safe, productive learning environments for students that want to learn.

Agreed. I substitute taught at Klein Forest one day and would never send any of my children there. As soon as those neighborhoods are rezoned to KHS they become instantly more desirable.

Why don't they just tear down the old main building and maybe a couple others and rebuild those? It would be silly to tear down buildings like the Pavilion, the Commons, and the Highrise that are so relatively young. One of my favorite things about Klein was walking outside between classes; would hate to see it all become one building.

The Pavilion and the Fine Arts Buildings will stay for now and they consider the Commons as part of the main building.

The Highrise is almost 30 years old.