Klein Cain High School At 10201 Spring Cypress Rd.

Chris

Name for Klein High School #5  

25 members have voted

1. 1. What should Klein ISD name High School #5

• Klein Pines
    • Klein Woods
    • Klein West
    • Klein Coves
    • Klein Ranch
    • Klein Lakes
    • Klein Vintage
    • Klein Cypress
    • Klein Willows
    • Klein Springs
    • Klein Farms
    • Klein Trails
    • Klein Kohrville
    • Let future Students named it
    • Klein Glen
    • Klein Klink
    • Don't Build it

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they could add on to Klein Oak or Klein Collins.

In the current bond proposal, I believe there is a provision to add an extra wing onto Klein Oak, in lieu of building High School #6, even though that is the area of the greatest projected growth in the district.

Has anyone mentioned yet the location of the site of the proposed new stadium? And beware, if you don't like Berry Center, you won't like what's being discussed for the plan of the new Klein stadium.

The district has already conducted a preliminary phone poll to gauge the public perception of the bond outcome and has characterized the overall feeling from the district citizens as weak support for the bond issue.

I personally think they're going to have a tough time getting this bond election passed.

That's sad. I went to KHS, I'd hate to see the old bird demolished. There's a lot of history in those buildings. The school has been around for over 65 years.

At one of the bond committee meetings, someone gave some background information about Klein High School. They said that the original building had been built in 1963, making it 35 years old, not over 65 years old. Maybe you're thinking of the original one-room schoolhouse, but not the school currently located at Steubner Airline & Louetta.

At one of the bond committee meetings, someone gave some background information about Klein High School. They said that the original building had been built in 1963, making it 35 years old, not over 65 years old. Maybe you're thinking of the original one-room schoolhouse, but not the school currently located at Steubner Airline & Louetta.

The School is over 65 years old. The modern building is 45 years old. If it was 35 years old it would have been built in 1973. :mellow:

How did you find out. :wub:

You didn't know who the prinicpal was I Did't know. :P

Edited by klein

You're right, my bad, the current building being used by students and being proposed by the bond committee for demolition is 45 years old, not 65 years old. BTW, any idea what a TEP/DAEP program is? It is listed on the bond proposal to be built concurrent with the re-build of Klein High for a proposed cost of $23 million. The Klein High re-build is already over $133 million in proposals, with inflation expected to add to that. Un-friggin'-believable!!

You're right, my bad, the current building being used by students and being proposed by the bond committee for demolition is 45 years old, not 65 years old. BTW, any idea what a TEP/DAEP program is? It is listed on the bond proposal to be built concurrent with the re-build of Klein High for a proposed cost of $23 million. The Klein High re-build is already over $133 million in proposals, with inflation expected to add to that. Un-friggin'-believable!!

TEP=Therapeutic Education Program

Special Ed

Guest Bearkat

District Alternative Education Program.

I looked up the plat maps for where i think the HS would be built, and I believe it was part of the Klink/Klenk family land.

There's already an elementary school in the district with that name, though.

Plus - Klein Klink? That's right up there with KleinPine. :D

Guest Bearkat
There's a higher chance the mascot would be a big cat

Klein Bearkats

Klein Oak Panthers

Klein Collins Tigers

Klein Forest Golden Eagles

Those are already built.

let's get back on topic

What about Klein Memorial High School? Klein Falls High School? Klein Lovvet High School

When #5 opens it will be named Klein High School for two years. So naming it is a mute point for at least 5-6 years.

That just doesn't make sense to me. Will they rename the old one Klein High once the old one is completeley rebuilt and then give #5 a different name?

That just doesn't make sense to me. Will they rename the old one Klein High once the old one is completeley rebuilt and then give #5 a different name?

The way I understand it is that HS#5 will be built and once open it wil be named Klein High School and all students at the current KHS will go there while the current KHS is torn down and rebuilt brand new. All the while the students who would eventually go to the new HS#5 will still be at KO, (and there are some kids who are currently at Klein that will proabbaly go to the new school so they will start there from the get go) and will not be able to attend the new school until after the new KHS is completed.

Are they still planning on shifting enrollment Westward to alleviate overcrowding and future growth in the KF zone?

I had read in the PASA report that neighborhoods on the North side of FM 1960 (and some right on the South side) would be rezoned to Klein in order to make room for additional growth in that Southern part of the District that stretches all the way to Inwood Forest.

Edited by mrfootball

The way I understand it is that HS#5 will be built and once open it wil be named Klein High School and all students at the current KHS will go there while the current KHS is torn down and rebuilt brand new. All the while the students who would eventually go to the new HS#5 will still be at KO, (and there are some kids who are currently at Klein that will proabbaly go to the new school so they will start there from the get go) and will not be able to attend the new school until after the new KHS is completed.

I understand now. Do that many kids from all the way next to 249 really go to KO though? It seems like #5 would have to pull a lot of kids from Klein, although I'm sure the ones chosen would be furious if that happened.. Did any kids from Klein even go to Collins?