Klein Cain High School At 10201 Spring Cypress Rd.

Chris

Name for Klein High School #5  

25 members have voted

1. 1. What should Klein ISD name High School #5

• Klein Pines
    • Klein Woods
    • Klein West
    • Klein Coves
    • Klein Ranch
    • Klein Lakes
    • Klein Vintage
    • Klein Cypress
    • Klein Willows
    • Klein Springs
    • Klein Farms
    • Klein Trails
    • Klein Kohrville
    • Let future Students named it
    • Klein Glen
    • Klein Klink
    • Don't Build it

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's hope the next PASA report is more factual than the last one. Thanks for the heads up on that, I look forward to seeing that. Also, I had heard years ago that the land Krimmel sits on was originally purchased by Klein, not for a school site, but for a district-wide natatorium. Guess those plans changed along the way somewhere. Be sure to let me know when the PASA report comes out, will you?

Yeah, I will let everyone know when the report comes out. I failed to mention that Klein ISD also purchased 102 acres of land for an Elementary, Intermediate and High School site. The property is located on FM 2920 and Huffsmith Korhville, but part of the property is at Mahaffey Road and Huffsmith Korhville Road. The high school zoning will be weird having 2 new High Schools very close to the border line of the district. The other one is just south at Spring Cypress and Huffsmith Korhville.

I will also be very interested in the new PASA report. With KISD screwing up the latest numbers so bad, maybe on purpose to create a certain outcome for zoning, but I am just saying. Anyhow, I understand that withthe new Frank Elementary School which was built to relive both Hassler and Khorville, it will have T- buildings onthe first day due to overcrowding on day one. No room for expansion which was originally intended. Where Hassler will be under capacity by 100-120 kids.

Way to go Klein!!! I fully expect another rezoning next year since this part of the district is so screwed up.

• 6 months later...
There's gonna be a number 5? Where?

The #5 High School will be located on Spring Cypress east of huffsmith, and west of old louetta on the land currently occupied by a private land owner.

The brilliant minds at KISD want to build this high school, and immediatly name it Klein High School. It will be called KHS while the original KHS is demolished and rebuilt on the same spot for the price of $100,000,000. This will last for roughly a two year period all the while the resident s who live across the street from the new high school (Gleannloch, Memorial Creek, etc) will still be forced to attend Klein Oak.

The KISD Bond Program is getting a little out of control, I for one will not be voting for it if they keep with this plan. KISD need to grow and build new facilities, but demolishing a school to put a new one in its place tio the tune of One Hundred Million Dollars is not fiscally responsible. There are better ways to update and improve that campus.

My vote goes for Kleinloch Farms or E.A. "Squatty" Lyons High

OR

Lyle Lovett HS

Interesting to hear about Klein HS demolition. Looks like they're forecasting the same HS costs as Cy-Fair ISD at $100M per. I wonder why they aren't just doing a major renovation like CFISD is doing for Cy-Creek HS?

Edited by mrfootball

Kleinloch Farms

Interesting to hear about Klein HS demolition. Looks like they're forecasting the same HS costs as Cy-Fair ISD at $100M per. I wonder why they aren't just doing a major renovation like CFISD is doing for Cy-Creek HS?

Great question that seems to continually go unanswered.

mrfootball I believe you are being paged on RP concerning the TTC. Might want to get over there.

The #5 High School will be located on Spring Cypress east of huffsmith, and west of old louetta on the land currently occupied by a private land owner.

The brilliant minds at KISD want to build this high school, and immediatly name it Klein High School. It will be called KHS while the original KHS is demolished and rebuilt on the same spot for the price of $100,000,000. This will last for roughly a two year period all the while the resident s who live across the street from the new high school (Gleannloch, Memorial Creek, etc) will still be forced to attend Klein Oak.

The KISD Bond Program is getting a little out of control, I for one will not be voting for it if they keep with this plan. KISD need to grow and build new facilities, but demolishing a school to put a new one in its place tio the tune of One Hundred Million Dollars is not fiscally responsible. There are better ways to update and improve that campus.

That's sad. I went to KHS, I'd hate to see the old bird demolished. There's a lot of history in those buildings. The school has been around for over 65 years.

That's sad. I went to KHS, I'd hate to see the old bird demolished. There's a lot of history in those buildings. The school has been around for over 65 years.

You could always vote no. The Bond election is in May. While the district needs to address growth issues, I feel the current leadership in KISD, not the Board, but the District employees are effing this thing up.

all the high Schools are over crowded :ph34r:

Correct, however I can't justify voting for this program when KISD is wanting to build a new KHS, when they can remodel the current building to meet the needs of the community and students for half the cost. KISD won't even explore this proposition. For the savings they could potentially build 2 additional elementaries, or a new Intermediate, or update older buildings in the south half of the district that desparately need updating.

they could add on to Klein Oak or Klein Collins.

when they can remodel the current building to meet the needs of the community and students for half the cost.

There is no more room on KHS campus and it could meen less parking spaces for Klein Memorial Stadium.

I agree that this Klein High School thing is crazy. I wonder would the district have done this if it were Klein Forest, Klein Oak or Klein Collins?

I have Posted the new 2008 Klein ISD Bond Plan.