I-45 At Wayside

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
The new shopping strip actually looks really nice and modern. The one opposite side is in the works!

On separate topic (Gulfgate) there is new construction next to Best Buy. I guess you have to drive up close to see what it will be. :)

I noticed T-Mobile just moved in at the Wayside/45 retail center.

I noticed T-Mobile just moved in at the Wayside/45 retail center.

and believe it or not they are supposed to (somehow) squeeze in a Burger King AND a Taco Cabana. I can see the pile-ups already. Cars swerve around them there parts to FAST to slow down in time for cars entering and exiting. Let's wait & watch, get camcorders (outdated?) I mean cell phone cameras ready for the action. :)

Watch the Burger King "make a move" below:

burke-burger-queen1.jpg

The intersection is absolutely hideous. Something like that does not belong in a city of this class.

Exactly, Pretty sure Tammy Fay Baker could have had some imput or advise on this monstrosity/nightmare " haute coulours" of those columns from hell. :mellow:

The extreme bright lighting takes some getting used to but they only highten the horrifying nail polish panache pandemic.

Here's a solution - get someone to paint graffiti all over it. The city will probably come back and paint over it with that generic grey paint.

Perhaps we can pay the windshield wiper guy who stands there accosting all the drivers to paint something creative over it.

Perhaps we can pay the windshield wiper guy who stands there accosting all the drivers to paint something creative over it.

Love that idea but even better is to just blow it up and build a new (much higher) state of the art over pass. Need JJ to do some ...

jimmiewalker.jpg

and believe it or not they are supposed to (somehow) squeeze in a Burger King AND a Taco Cabana. I can see the pile-ups already. Cars swerve around them there parts to FAST to slow down in time for cars entering and exiting. Let's wait & watch, get camcorders (outdated?) I mean cell phone cameras ready for the action. :)

Watch the Burger King "make a move" below:

burke-burger-queen1.jpg

OMG OMG OMG!!!! Taco Cabana??? That's right by my house!!! I'll be able to bike over to Taco Cabana!!! :D:D

OMG OMG OMG!!!! Taco Cabana??? That's right by my house!!! I'll be able to bike over to Taco Cabana!!! :D:D

I cant wait for the Taco Cabana to open. Hopefully it will take some of the less... desirable... customers currently patronizing Doneraki's. That one hostess there is hot.

I cant wait for the Taco Cabana to open. Hopefully it will take some of the less... desirable... customers currently patronizing Doneraki's. That one hostess there is hot.

Yep, I'm afraid we are all going to start to get might plump with the Taco Cabana Gods. They do have some of the best pico de gallo around. The personal fajita skillet is killer. :P

1zzg9l3.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

It seems that mother nature (or divine intervention) is helping us out with the horrible nail polish colours of those underpass columns. The paint is fading! :P Slowly but surely.

Maybe that suggestion of paying local taggers to spray over wasn't such a bad idea either?

Light at the end of the "underpass" after all. lol

With or without salmonella?

Good point! :lol:

That pico de gallo should ALWAYS be sitting in ice. Most Taco Banana's have old stuff thats been sitting for hours. People pay attention and alert the manager! This place is really bad about mopping the floors just as crowds start pouring in. Never mind the plastic sign they put up, its is dangerous! This pratice should be done before opening (managers).

Good point! :lol:

That pico de gallo should ALWAYS be sitting in ice. Most Taco Banana's have old stuff thats been sitting for hours. People pay attention and alert the manager! This place is really bad about mopping the floors just as crowds start pouring in. Never mind the plastic sign they put up, its is dangerous! This pratice should be done before opening (managers).

;) I never "plan" to go to TC... I always just... "end up" there.

• 1 month later...
  • The title was changed to I-45 At Wayside

Archived