Ferrari And Rolls Royce Dealership

wxman

Wow. Seven stars. Maybe they'll install radios with volume knobs that go up to 11. :rolleyes:

I searched Google for that term and guess what? It came back to this site and nothing more. So, am I just an old fogey who should know this modern term? Or is it invented by this announcement? :D

A Ferarri and Rolls Royce Dealership is slated to open in Shenendoah. The cars sold there are considered as "hard to find models" and will treat customers to a "7-star showroom." The vehicles are to be priced in the neighborhood of 200-400k and cater to CEO's, Movie Star's and yes...preachers.

http://www.thewoodlandsvillager.com/site/n...32533&rfi=6

Twice now, on Gosling near F.M. 242, we've seen two Ferarri's pulled over at the same time by the local Montgomery County cops. Not only was it a coincidence, but both times we wondered how one cop could get two Ferarri's to pull over!

Wow. Seven stars. Maybe they'll install radios with volume knobs that go up to 11. :rolleyes:

i suggest that if you find out any of our woodlands members own one that you make a paid membership in haif mandatory. watch out for bachanon, he's kinda quiet.

Twice now, on Gosling near F.M. 242, we've seen two Ferarri's pulled over at the same time by the local Montgomery County cops. Not only was it a coincidence, but both times we wondered how one cop could get two Ferarri's to pull over!

Youd' be amazed at what a deterrent flashing lights are. Even if they could smoke the cops in a speed race, it's probably not worth trying.

I searched Google for that term and guess what? It came back to this site and nothing more. So, am I just an old fogey who should know this modern term? Or is it invented by this announcement? :D

If you were truly an old fogey :) you would have seen the movie _This Is Spinal Tap_, where the goofy guitarist played by Christopher Guest is bragging about how their amplifier volume knobs "go to 11." (as opposed to the traditional 1-10.) When the interviewer questions this, Guest says, as though it were the most obvious thing in the world, "It's _one_ louder." The phrase has now entered common usage to mean something that tries to look bigger/better than it really is, in a sort of foolish way.

If you were truly an old fogey :) you would have seen the movie _This Is Spinal Tap_, where the goofy guitarist played by Christopher Guest is bragging about how their amplifier volume knobs "go to 11." (as opposed to the traditional 1-10.) When the interviewer questions this, Guest says, as though it were the most obvious thing in the world, "It's _one_ louder." The phrase has now entered common usage to mean something that tries to look bigger/better than it really is, in a sort of foolish way.

That was my favorite shirt for my youngest when he was smaller...

ARF208i.jpg

North Houston already has a Lamborghini dealership, too. I wonder how a place like that can stay open. Even if you had a steady stream of rich folks coming through the door, the production is so limited and the waits so long that it would seem that you can deliver only a bare handful of cars a year. I read an article recently in a car mag that stated, basically, if you want a Ferrari and you are not already a "known customer/Ferrari owner" that you pretty much will be steered to pre-owned and you have to "pay your dues" with a used Ferrari for a while before a dealer will put you on the waiting list for a new one. Apparently cash in hand is not enough -- most of their customers have that.

There I was on a highway in Italy, minding my own business with the pedal to the metal in my "my mid size" car rental, doing about 120 KMs/Hr. I looked back and there was no traffic behind me. Looked in front then back again and this Ferrari WAS ON MY BUMPER! Swishhhhhhh.... and he was gone. To this day I wonder how fast he was going! Scared the living ... out of me.

North Houston already has a Lamborghini dealership, too. I wonder how a place like that can stay open. Even if you had a steady stream of rich folks coming through the door, the production is so limited and the waits so long that it would seem that you can deliver only a bare handful of cars a year. I read an article recently in a car mag that stated, basically, if you want a Ferrari and you are not already a "known customer/Ferrari owner" that you pretty much will be steered to pre-owned and you have to "pay your dues" with a used Ferrari for a while before a dealer will put you on the waiting list for a new one. Apparently cash in hand is not enough -- most of their customers have that.

I'd imagine by selling just one of those cars (lamborghini or Ferarri) you could pay the rent for the year. I mean a $400,000 car can cover the electricity I'd imagine. Not to mention this dealer is also suppose to sell other car accessories.

They don't really make their money on the initial sale. What they make money on is service, resale and accessories. You sell the car the first time to garner a customer. You then have a consistently returning customer in most cases who will have his vehicle serviced by you as well as get accessories from you. He won't keep the car long, so he will likely trade it in on another/sell the car to the dealership or consign it to them for resale.

Also, a majority of their sales rarely ever hit their showroom floor. Many of them are delivered directly to the homes of their customers around the country (word of mouth).

As far as the Maybach comment, there is already a Mercedes dealership up there and Maybachs are sold exclusively through their dealerships. Pheasants (see what I did there?).

That makes a lot of sense. Still, given how few Lambos, Ferraris, Rolls, and Maybachs I see (throw in Maserati and Aston Martin, too) it sure seems that the number of local owners is in the small double digits total and there wouldn't be enough service, accessory, and resale business to stay open. But I guess they do.

That makes a lot of sense. Still, given how few Lambos, Ferraris, Rolls, and Maybachs I see (throw in Maserati and Aston Martin, too) it sure seems that the number of local owners is in the small double digits total and there wouldn't be enough service, accessory, and resale business to stay open. But I guess they do.

Yeah, it's pretty rare for me to see them as well, but I wonder if those aren't the vehicles they drive on a regular basis anyway.

I'm seeing Maseratis daily. It must be the new "It" car. That and the Baby Bently.

I'm seeing Maseratis daily. It must be the new "It" car. That and the Baby Bently.

Yeah, I see Maserati Quattroportes and Bentley Continental GT's from time to time. Not daily. You must live in a ritzier neighborhood! :) Very rarely the Maserati two-doors like the Coupe or the Spider, and very rarely the bigger Bentleys, like the Arnage. The Quattroporte and the Continental GT (and its four-door variant, the Flying Spur) are beautifully appointed inside and cost in the low-to-mid $100's instead of $200+. If I were in the market for a big, expensive sedan, and could afford it, I would probably be looking hard at those two.

If you want to kill some time and have a Windows PC, go to Bentley Configurator and play around with it. Unfortunately, the web app doesn't work on Macs. :( Maserati has a similar one, which DOES work on Macs. Maserati Configurator

I see the two door Bentleys quite often (more than I would expect to see such an expensive car). I saw a Maserati just the other day, but not as frequently as I see the Bentleys.

I have YET to see a Maybach.

Go to Uptown Sushi at lunchtime and gawk at the parking lot. Its amazing. I've seen a few Maybachs on Post Oak, but you're right, they are rare.

You have to think about it on a much broader scale. They do sales, service and accessories for owners not just in the immediate area, but in extended areas. Everything from Galveston to Baton Rouge to halfway to Dallas to close to Austin and San Antonio. There are also far more Maseratis, Ferraris, Astons and Rolls in Houston than you might think. I know personally of a couple people who own a Lambo, a ferrari, a Bentley and an Aston EACH.

Archived