Condominium Tower Rumor In Spring

lockmat

Take this however you want. I got this information from someone of great integrity and character. He's heard from two different people, and one a developer (one that is trying to purchase land he's in charge of so he can build a detention pond to go next to a strip center he's planning. Which by the way he's hoping to get a grocery store) that this plot of land in Spring is a sight to a possible condo mid-rise.

The specific plot he was talking about from what I understand is the one on the northwest side of kuykhendal and W. Rayford Road. The first time he heard rumor of it was a year or so ago. The second he heard of it was from the developer he's in discussion w/ just last week.

i used to live out near that area and i'll be the first to say that that seems like a very odd place to build a midrise.

Hey, I was thinking the same thing. But the person I know isn't necessarily into this development stuff like we are. He said the information he heard was "high-rise." I responsed by saying that they're probably just using the wrong terminology and that it would most likely be a midrise if anything was to go up there.

Who knows. Maybe it's just a developers dream. But the developer who is building the strip center across the street from the proposed location, of which I've seen the plans, is the one who said and confirmed that's the rumor swirling. (Although I don't know if he used the word rumor).

But the track of land he's attempting to purchase from my friend is right along kuykhendal across the street from Wimeldon Country, more or less, and he said it's worth $22 a square foot. I don't know if that's a lot or not.

The land that is adjacent to the Elementary School, Klein ISD owns, and plans to build an Intermediate School there on the northeast corner of W. Rayford and Kuykendahl.

You mean on the south side of rayford, right?

Here's is a more detailed map of the piece of land I'm talking about.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=sp...&iwloc=addr

You mean on the south side of rayford, right?

Here's is a more detailed map of the piece of land I'm talking about.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=sp...&iwloc=addr

That's hard to believe. I live right down the road, and based on the map you gave, that's right next to Augusta Pines. Who knows... I guess I could imagine a tall condo going there just how Champions Forest has a condo in the middle of its golf course. Very strange... I'll have to see where this one goes, especially if the people around this wooded area will even allow it.

That's hard to believe. I live right down the road, and based on the map you gave, that's right next to Augusta Pines. Who knows... I guess I could imagine a tall condo going there just how Champions Forest has a condo in the middle of its golf course. Very strange... I'll have to see where this one goes, especially if the people around this wooded area will even allow it.

Does Augusta Pines have two entrances? Because I know they have one further down the road on the way to Woodlands Pkwy. The placement of my map is in the front of Wimledon Country where Kuykhendal used to run through on that sharp curve before they moved it over.

But yeah, I find it hard to believe. It's probably a real plan by a developer, just one that's a pipe dream and will never happen.

I mean, it's not like people who have money don't live way back there. There are some very big expensive homes over there.

Edited by lockmat

Does Augusta Pines have two entrances? Because I know they have one further down the road on the way to Woodlands Pkwy. The placement of my map is in the front of Wimledon Country where Kuykhendal used to run through on that sharp curve before they moved it over.

But yeah, I find it hard to believe. It's probably a real plan by a developer, just one that's a pipe dream and will never happen.

I mean, it's not like people who have money don't live way back there. There are some very big expensive homes over there.

Yeah, since they have moved it over, there is now a second entrance that leads into Augusta Pines and Auburn Lakes.

Who knows... this could actually happen. You never know. If they can build a +20 story condo in the middle of Champions Forest near the expensive homes and gold course, it wouldn't seem unreasonable if they built one at that location as well. Unfortunately, if it were to be built there, it would have a run down convience story and shopping center right next to the place.

I've recieved more information.

I know for sure the plan is for condos. What I'm not sure of right now is how many floors or anything like that.

I also received information from the other source who is not a developer. The other source lives in Wimeldon Country, the neighborhood that's behind where the condos would be.

They had a civic association meeting and the condos were part of the information presented there.

=======

This area is quickly becoming a high end area. The new road, West Rayford, now connects all the way to Gosling. There are many nice homes already built with tons of land yet to be developed. Trees have been cleared though. The woodlands also has property back there that looks very high end.

=======

For those who live in the area, you already know kuykhendal south of 2920 is being widened. It will also be widened to four lines from that point all the way to Woodlands Parkway.

Edited by lockmat

i used to live out near that area and i'll be the first to say that that seems like a very odd place to build a midrise.

Yeah, I find that an odd place for a high rise too ... I live just south of FM 1960 and Ella Blvd and there is land galore out here in N. Houston and Spring.

Couldn't conceive why they'd be going vertical in this area.

Our MUD sees plans like this all the time. Sometimes they go through, most times they fall through. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Exactly. If MUD says it's going to be built, chances are, it will! I have a few friends who work for MUD, so I'll find out what I can.

• The title was changed to Condominium Tower Rumor In Spring