Raveneaux: Condominium High-Rises In Spring

citykid09

• 11 months later...

There are still signs at the intersection of Cypresswood and Champions forest. I doubt anything would happen since the Raveneaux developers will rather build more million dollar single family homes.

They are in the process now of formulating a plan of cutting many of the holes off the golf course out for more homes near Cypress Creek.

I don't think the demand is there for high and mid-rise luxury condominiums. At their prices, you can live in uptown instead.

But the project in Raveneaux wan't in anyway close to an urban type area.

The Woodlands has the waterway that connects retail and office. The Woodlands has formed somewhat of a downtown where a need for more dense residential can occur. We are seeing the same thing in Sugarland at there town center.

Personally, along SH 249 east of the HP (Compaq) Office park would be a great spot for a large town center concept with retail and residential. They can use Cypress Creek and the pine trees as a backdrop. The land is certainly there for it.

• 2 months later...

I may want to buy one of these condos so I've been trying to find out when they'll be built.

When I spoke with the builder Greenwood Properties, they said they're not sure when they're starting.

Here's some links to information I found about the project.

This has some cool models/CAD renderings of the proposed building.

http://www.modelshop.bc.ca/porty2/file/3000/3022/3022-1.htm

Just click on MORE and you can go through all of the photos/pictures.

This is the builder's main website.

http://www.chateauxraveneaux.com/

If it prompts you for a login password, just go up to your browser's address bar and delete the part on the end of the address that says login.html and then hit Go and it will take you to the page.

This is the Public Utility Website that handles the area and this link is to notes from their meetings.

http://www.cyforestpud.com/meetings/index.html

If you click on the October 2005 meeting on Page 8 you'll see that they are making plans for utility work.

If anyone has any updated info, please share on here or email me.

I'd like to buy a highrise condo up in this area and aside from the expensive Waterway Lofts in The Woodlands, there's only the Timbertop highrise nearby that I know of.

Timbertop charges $700 a month maintenance fee on top of the taxes and mortgage, so that's ridiculous.

Anyone who lives in a highrise condo downtown, how much are the fees there?

I have seen those signs up for over a year and have wondered what is going on with that myself. I didn't know there was much of a market for those in that immediate area. I was thinking the development would be more towards 249. However, if those condos do end up going up the traffic on Champions Forest Dr will get nasty as well as Cypresswood Dr.

I remember when Memorial NW was the end of the world, now its in the middle of town practically, along with its 500 stop signs.

I may want to buy one of these condos so I've been trying to find out when they'll be built.

When I spoke with the builder Greenwood Properties, they said they're not sure when they're starting.

Here's some links to information I found about the project.

This has some cool models/CAD renderings of the proposed building.

http://www.modelshop.bc.ca/porty2/file/3000/3022/3022-1.htm

Just click on MORE and you can go through all of the photos/pictures.

This is the builder's main website.

http://www.chateauxraveneaux.com/

If it prompts you for a login password, just go up to your browser's address bar and delete the part on the end of the address that says login.html and then hit Go and it will take you to the page.

This is the Public Utility Website that handles the area and this link is to notes from their meetings.

http://www.cyforestpud.com/meetings/index.html

If you click on the October 2005 meeting on Page 8 you'll see that they are making plans for utility work.

If anyone has any updated info, please share on here or email me.

I'd like to buy a highrise condo up in this area and aside from the expensive Waterway Lofts in The Woodlands, there's only the Timbertop highrise nearby that I know of.

Timbertop charges $700 a month maintenance fee on top of the taxes and mortgage, so that's ridiculous.

Anyone who lives in a highrise condo downtown, how much are the fees there?

Most full service buildings charge around 50 cents/sq. ft. Timbertop charges by the sq. ft. also. That building has seen little or no appreciation in value in the last few years and many of them are on the market now at very low prices. (check HAR.com) I would be very surprised if another building would be well received in that immediate area. That's only my opinion.

• 9 months later...

The project at the intersection of Champions Forest and Cypresswood is under construction. There are 3 sizable pilars that are already up and there are people actively working.

The rendering boards on both the Champions Forest side as well as on the Cypresswood side further down Cypresswood are the initial renderings which are none of what has been posted on this thread. The renderings at the site reflect 3 seperate towers, with the largest appearing at least 15-20 stories (I was trying to quickly count the floors on the rendering board). The other two towers on each side of the talllest appear to be maybe 5 stories shorter.

Does anyone have any more updates on this?

From the address shown, this development will/would be in Klein ISD.

That district is actually a Robin Hood reciever because of a lack of businesses and taxable money. Will this development make the district more self sufficient?

Edited by VicMan

• 7 months later...

at the corner of Cypresswood and Champions Forest there was a sign for several years that stated a luxury high rise would be built....I never recall seeing a backhoe ready to dig though...will it ever be built or it was wishful thinking?

I've noticed the sign also. The project looks interesting. It would definitely fit with the area, but I don't know if they will ever build the highrise. Does anyone know?

at the corner of Cypresswood and Champions Forest there was a sign for several years that stated a luxury high rise would be built....I never recall seeing a backhoe ready to dig though...will it ever be built or it was wishful thinking?

A Don Hand pipe dream. No way it will happen. Raveneaux, on the other hand, will begin redevelopment soon. They are starting with Woodland's waterway style townhomes that will line a portion of Cypresswood and will move towards a new clubhouse, etc... The club was purchased by an investment company and has terminated past management. The plan looks very nice... a 'Barton Creek' (i hope that's correct, that's what i hear) style area with a day spa, hotel, etc... I'm hoping that is the case. Of course the plan will deviate based on the success of the stages. Don Hand is fighting the Raveneaux development all the way. It will devestate his plans for Chateaux Raveneaux. On the other hand, I don't understand him. If you want to build a very high end, luxury high rise, why would you build cheap apartments on Cypresswood behind Lowes? That apartment complex will bring down the value of Prestonwood and in the long term affect the whole area. Pretty soon it will be like attempting to build a high end, luxury high rise in Greenspoint.

• 3 weeks later...
A Don Hand pipe dream. No way it will happen. Raveneaux, on the other hand, will begin redevelopment soon. They are starting with Woodland's waterway style townhomes that will line a portion of Cypresswood and will move towards a new clubhouse, etc... The club was purchased by an investment company and has terminated past management. The plan looks very nice... a 'Barton Creek' (i hope that's correct, that's what i hear) style area with a day spa, hotel, etc... I'm hoping that is the case. Of course the plan will deviate based on the success of the stages. Don Hand is fighting the Raveneaux development all the way. It will devestate his plans for Chateaux Raveneaux. On the other hand, I don't understand him. If you want to build a very high end, luxury high rise, why would you build cheap apartments on Cypresswood behind Lowes? That apartment complex will bring down the value of Prestonwood and in the long term affect the whole area. Pretty soon it will be like attempting to build a high end, luxury high rise in Greenspoint.

2 thumbs up.

• 2 months later...