5.4-Acres Of Land At 7739 San Felipe St.

Boris

Did the Chron have it wrong when they said: "The company owns about 9 acres near Richmond and Post Oak that it acquired for $34 million. The land is now under contract to another buyer for $57.5 million."?

i didnt see that. they were selling out-parcels but if that is the case, obviously someone made an offer they couldnt refuse for the whole thing.

If I'm seeing this location in my mind properly, it "seems" small. I'm assuming a greater part of the parcel stretches out under the foliage that hangs over the bayou in that area?

sorta. here is the hcad map (bottom right) -> link

comes out to 242,325 sq ft = 5.56 a

edited to add: the numbers are lightly off from the map because they have one more parcel that isn't shown. click this link and then "similar owner name". three will pop up.

edited again: post oak/richmond comes out to $147 psf.

: shakes head :

Edited by houston-development

Exactly... and in some cases, that it needs to be nearly sold out before they can begin construction.

It's interesting that, since we have a falling dolar, many foreign entities are focused on this Houston project.

Could we please have a discussion about the financing of residential condo buildings as I tried to ask about this topic on the Tallest Building in the World thread recently? My questions/responses on that thread were about how the Chicago Spire got construction financing without "being able" to presell at all and about the capital structures of residential condominiums with foreign developers compared to U.S. developers. We should have a lot of good material regarding this topic, hopefully.

Could we please have a discussion about the financing of residential condo buildings as I tried to ask about this topic on the Tallest Building in the World thread recently? My questions/responses on that thread were about how the Chicago Spire got construction financing without "being able" to presell at all and about the capital structures of residential condominiums with foreign developers compared to U.S. developers. We should have a lot of good material regarding this topic, hopefully.

jww, you could start a thread in off topic if you want to bring out people who want to go in depth in to that subject. this thread is about a specific development.

BUT, if you want to talk about financing of THIS particular development, then by all means.

uh, the cliff notes version would be they have a ton of money. hypothetically speaking, if they were build this without presales, they would have to put up a chunk of equity (say 40%) vs debt. so if they build it and no one comes, the bank gets a brand new deal at a discount.

What's with man standing in front of the old buildings wearing a USA cap and/or waving an American Flag and pointing to the vacated offices?? He often takes poses of famous American Patriotic statues. He's there almost every day, and it does make you smile after few times because he seems like such a harmless loonie. Is he a hired guy for PR, is a tenant still in there we can't see or is he just a nut? Its not like you can look too long to figure out what he's pointing at because you will run into the back of someone if you did.

Anyone else seen him? I see him almost everyday between 2 and 3pm.

What's with man standing in front of the old buildings wearing a USA cap and/or waving an American Flag and pointing to the vacated offices?? He often takes poses of famous American Patriotic statues. He's there almost every day, and it does make you smile after few times because he seems like such a harmless loonie. Is he a hired guy for PR, is a tenant still in there we can't see or is he just a nut? Its not like you can look too long to figure out what he's pointing at because you will run into the back of someone if you did.

Anyone else seen him? I see him almost everyday between 2 and 3pm.

yeah, i work next door and noticed him today.... pretty funny. never noticed him before, though.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The way I read the article on Swamplot today is that there will be three structures. There will be two towers and a separate building to be used as the sales office and later converted to retail and a spa.

• 1 year later...

No renderings?

There where a couple of renderings some time ago. They will be offset at 45 degree angles to each other and the lobby/main entrance will be in some circular structure between them. The pool was shown to be on top of some kind of structure. Likely a 10 or so story parking garage of sorts.

There where a couple of renderings some time ago. They will be offset at 45 degree angles to each other and the lobby/main entrance will be in some circular structure between them. The pool was shown to be on top of some kind of structure. Likely a 10 or so story parking garage of sorts.

Is this one of the renderings?

http://boymelgreen.com/en/project_details.php?pid=180&tid=RESIDENTIAL