Car Talk → 2022

Subdude

2010 Toyota Rav4

01toyotarav4genevalive.jpg

05toyotarav4genevalive.jpg

15toyotarav4genevalive.jpg

The redesigned front fascia benefits from a new grille, more angular headlamps, foglight surrounds and a sporty front lip. We still haven't received the press release or full details, but early reports indicate that the 2.0-liter gasoline-powered four-cylinder will be tweaked to increase fuel efficiency and decrease CO2 emissions. This particular show car features Toyota's D-CAT clean diesel that we doubt will make it to these shores. There is even talk of a hybrid in the mix.

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/03/03/geneva-2010-euro-spec-2011-toyota-rav4-previews-new-u-s-look/

2010 Nissan Micra - Will make a Arrival to the U.S

01nissanmicragenevalive.jpg

06nissanmicragenevalive.jpg

16nissanmicragenevalive.jpg

The more charming – if that's even possible – Nissan Micra has been tweaked to bring smiles to consumers in 160 countries where it will go on sale. To keep them smiling once things get under way, a brand new 1.2-liter, supercharged three-cylinder gas engine gets down with 80 horsepower and 144 pound-feet.

http://www.autoblog....sy-being-green/

Edited by Urbannizer

2012 Ford Police Interceptor - The Taurus police vehicle is back, ready to replace the Crown Victoria in late 2011. <BR>policeinterceptcon01opt-1268418743.jpg <BR>policeinterceptcon03.jpg <BR>

At a private fleet sales event in Las Vegas today, Ford finally took the wraps off a new generation Police Interceptor model based on the 2010 Taurus. The new car has big shoes to fill as the Crown Vic has accounted for 70 percent of all police vehicle sales over the past five years
<BR><BR> Edited by Urbannizer

2012 Toyota Camry - Bland, bland and bland. Next Generation Camry will be the Toyota Aurion currently sold in Australia (Camry in Taiwan). Should be in the U.S sometime by 2012. I Do not see why the Camry is the #1 best selling vehicle worldwide. audmaurion3.jpgaudmaurion5.jpg

As some of you noticed, the car pictured above is indeed the current Australian-market Toyota, Aurion itself a derivative of, yes, the Camry. Now, why would the Aurion show up in a U.S. patent filing? Perhaps the car's fascias are headed here as a cheap 'n easy facelift for the Camry.
http://www.autoblog.com/2010/03/12/next-generation-toyota-camry-revealed-in-patent-filings/#comments Edited by Urbannizer

2012 Toyota Camry - Bland, bland and bland. Next Generation Camry will be the Toyota Aurion currently sold in Australia (Camry in Taiwan). Should be in the U.S sometime by 2012. I Do not see why the Camry is the #1 best selling vehicle worldwide.

Because Toyota figured out a while ago that contrary to popular belief, bland styling tends to sell better. In Europe blandly styled Volkswagens are the best sellers.

• Like 1

2012 Ford Police Interceptor - The Taurus police vehicle is back, ready to replace the Crown Victoria in late 2011.

I'm excited about seeing the new police cars. I assume the city will consider the new Impala police cruiser as well, but whatever, because I'm OVER the Crown Vic. Even the Dodgle would be fine, but it does look tiny inside with those slit windows.

2011 Kia Optima

OK, let's do a check for styling cliches of the decade:

Upswept beltline - Check

Rocker panel cutline - Check

Front fender vent - Check

Semi-Hofmeister kink - Check

Semi-fastback roofline - Check

Headlights running up over front fenders - Check

Radiused wheel openings - Check

Did I miss any?

Apart from all that, I like the wheels.

OK, let's do a check for styling cliches of the decade:

Upswept beltline - Check

Rocker panel cutline - Check

Front fender vent - Check

Semi-Hofmeister kink - Check

Semi-fastback roofline - Check

Headlights running up over front fenders - Check

Radiused wheel openings - Check

Did I miss any?

Apart from all that, I like the wheels.

The amalgamation of styling cliches seems to be Hyundai/Kia's niche. Instead of creating original brand identities, they wait for others to come up with original designs, then they draw from the successful ones. It may not be a bad thing, considering the original styling of recent Acuras. The only problem is that most people probably couldn't identify a Hyundai/Kia without looking at the badge.

The amalgamation of styling cliches seems to be Hyundai/Kia's niche. Instead of creating original brand identities, they wait for others to come up with original designs, then they draw from the successful ones. It may not be a bad thing, considering the original styling of recent Acuras. The only problem is that most people probably couldn't identify a Hyundai/Kia without looking at the badge.

I don't think Hyundai/Kia is particularly worse than any other manufacturer. They wouldn't have become car design cliches to begin with if so many automakers didn't use them.

With there new vehicles being released, people will be able to. Kia is becoming the sporty brand while Hyundai is the luxury one.

2011 Scion xB - Slight Refresh .

2011scionxb005.jpg

2011scionxb008.jpg

2011scionxb026.jpg

Pricing for the new xB starts at $16,000 for the manual transmission model and $16,950 if you prefer a conventional automatic – increases of $150 over the 2010 car. The 2011 xB will make its way to a Scion dealer near you later this month.

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/03/17/scion-xb-restyled-and-repriced-for-2011/

The Optima's rear tailights are very nice, but not as wild about the trunk/bumper transition. And what changed on the xB? I can't tell!

The front and rear bumpers, and the tailights. Also a $150 price hike to $16,000. You can get a Soul or Cube for around $13,000.

Yesterday evening I saw a Riviera boattail parked on the street. I'm thinking there's some SM influence in this one as well.

Buick_Riviera_Boattail_l971.jpg

I saw one today at Dixie Hardware. It's light blue, I've seen it around the neighborhood. The owner lives off of Dowling near Southmore. Those cars have a spot in my heart because my dad used to have one. It was a 1971, first year for the boattail Rivieras. Brown with a white top.

Edited by JLWM8609

Carbon Motors E7 Police Car - watch out for this one in 2012.carbon_motors_e7_01.jpgpic02.jpgcar9.jpg

Between this, the new EcoBoost-powered Ford Police Interceptor, the Zeta-based Chevrolet Caprice and current Dodge Charger police offering, the cop car market is going to get very interesting in the next few years.
http://www.autoblog.com/2010/03/22/carbon-motors-E7-to-use-bmw-diesel-in-new-police-car/