HAIF Nano Contest

editor

Business lunch. The corporate housing company we use took me and my boss to Brio. Not too bad, and I got dessert to go as well.
Not familiar with that restaurant, but sounds lovely.
This place wasn't by chance located off of Beamer Rd. in southeast Houston, was it?
i'm sure it got glowing reviews LOL

Haha!

Funny that someone would name a restaurant Brio in the Houston area of all places!

At least it's up north... :rolleyes:

Here's the b4-u-eat page:

http://www.b4-u-eat.com/houston/restaurant...ews/rsv3313.asp

and here's a picture of the other Brio:

brio500.jpg

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone who believes that Stevie Nick's don't got soul must have been born without one in the first place, and therefore has no idea what they are talkin' 'bout. Either that or doesn't know what soul is.

Soul in music is about expressing feelings from a place beyond a physical part of the body or mind. It must be sung and/or the music must be played with so much heart and from such a deep place within one's being, that it should sound as if it was the DUTY of the performer to get it out, by any means necessary. It should sound preordained by a higher spiritual power, even if the words are sacreligious or obscene. It's not about techique, sound effects, production values, good voice, impecable instrument playing, ethnic background, race, singing about Jesus, or making a buck.

Anyone that doesn't like songs like Gypsy, Rhiannon, Dreams, Sara, Gold Dust Woman, Silver Springs - doesn't like music.

Period.

Now go listen to your silly, empty, meaningless, 13 year old acne-faced boy noise bands (I'm thinking Spinal Tap, but for real) and let the adults try to win a nano.

BTW, dispite everything I just said, I respect people's right to get off on any kind of AWFUL music they want... so 'rock on' Garth.

There are also some very good noise bands... with lots of soul. Motorhead is NOT one of them.

Yeah. I guess it's on alright.

Houston, we have winner!

Long-time HAIFer, but only occasional poster KatieDidIt managed to write lucky post 210,000. He scribbled:

Uptown area: THe road,Bering, has a number of units that fit your needs to buy or lease. I can recommend 1112 and 1116 Bering (Berington Place). That was our first "home" and it was a nice and quiet complex with garages. I see on HAR.COM there are one or two for sale.

Good luck

No, Katie -- Good luck to you. Or rather, congratulations! I'll contact you by PM for your mailing information.

Mister X, I must have been too subtle. I really, really don't like Stevie Nicks but I won't begrudge anyone their tastes, especially if they are passionate about them, like you. Don't take offense, this whole thread is all in good fun, evidenced by the smileys and whatnot. I was, as the English say, having a piss. Oh, and the JBs were James Brown's back-up band, and they have a whole lot of soul. In the spirit of loving all kinds of music, I will say I just bought way overpriced tickets to see the triumphant return of Diamond Dave to Van Halen. I am so stoked. It's like going back to 8th grade, but hopefully with better quality weed.

Houston, we have winner!Long-time HAIFer, but only occasional poster KatieDidIt managed to write lucky post 210,000. He scribbled:No, Katie -- Good luck to you. Or rather, congratulations! I'll contact you by PM for your mailing information.
A: congrats on the win, KatieDidIt. Grrr! But really!!B: Did Editor have a method? Is the post number significant in any way?

Yes, there is a significance to the 210,000 number. That, combined with the estimated number of posts lost in the great hack a few years back would have brought us to 250,000 posts total.

A quarter million posts in just under seven years is pretty good.

Archived