HAIF Nano Contest

editor

That's what I was hoping for, but the writing isn't as good for some reason. The plots are all lifted from sci-fi and horror films, the characters are flat and their motivation seems contrived. I just about worship Russell T. Davies, so I can't figure out how Torchwood ended up so bad.

Totally agree. i COULD be really good, but it kind of just floats by. I'm so over Ian I can't even stand it. and what's with Jack? they started off with all this energy between him and the main chick, then bam, he's gay. ???????

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm getting an ipod earphones, docking station, itunes giftcard and car stereo with ipod connection for Christmas so I think i deserve it.

No, that's exactly why you DON'T deserve it...b/c you're already gonna have more. Leave the gifts to the needy.

Totally agree. i COULD be really good, but it kind of just floats by. I'm so over Ian I can't even stand it. and what's with Jack? they started off with all this energy between him and the main chick, then bam, he's gay. ???????
He's not gay ... he's bi (some say it's the same thing though). :rolleyes:
No, that's exactly why you DON'T deserve it...b/c you're already gonna have more. Leave the gifts to the needy.
Yes.Needy = me (houstonmacbro)In fact, my picture is in the Apple Nano dictionary under 'needy'

He's bi, and he was bi before Torchwood ever started.

I can't wait to download all my Alice Cooper, ELO, Pet Shop Boys, Queen, B-52's, Gary Numan, Stan Ridgway/Wall of Voodoo, Fleetwood Mac, Soft Cell, Sneaker Pimps, Garbage, Rolling Stones, Talking Heads, Prince, All songs written by Burt Bacharach, Barry White, Beach Boys, Blondie, Brian Eno, Devo, Diana Ross and the Supremes, Julee Cruise, Yello, Stevie Wonder, Simon and Garfunkel, Pink Floyd, Kraftwerk, k.d. lang, and Elton John.

I can't wait to download all my Alice Cooper, ELO, Pet Shop Boys, Queen, B-52's, Gary Numan, Stan Ridgway/Wall of Voodoo, Fleetwood Mac, Soft Cell, Sneaker Pimps, Garbage, Rolling Stones, Talking Heads, Prince, All songs written by Burt Bacharach, Barry White, Beach Boys, Blondie, Brian Eno, Devo, Diana Ross and the Supremes, Julee Cruise, Yello, Stevie Wonder, Simon and Garfunkel, Pink Floyd, Kraftwerk, k.d. lang, and Elton John.

You've got good taste.

Since I only know offensive and over the top tasteless jokes, I better just stick to reading other people's jokes at HAIF.

Anyway, what would you like santa to bring you for Xmas besides a NANO?

I would like world peace, to end hunger, a cure for all diseases, and eight hundred billion dollars to pay my bills with.

I had the strangest dream last night. I dreamt I was a muffler. ... I woke up this morning and I was exhausted.

lol. that's pretty funny. At first I was like, yeah that is a weird dream. I'm not even sure what you're perspective would be from. The end of the pipe?

I think there are only about 6 people even paying attention to this thread at this point.

Good. I like those odds.

Hey editor, any chance that the next contest could be for a CAR or something? Since this is an architecture enthusiast website, how 'bout a HOUSE give away next time?! And not some cheap shack down in Crackville, I mean a GOOD one!

Don't get me wrong, giving a nano away is a nice gesture, but giving a house away would really be a great way for you to show us how much you love us. :wub:

There, that's my little joke. In reality, winning a nano would be awesome.

I had the strangest dream last night. I dreamt I was a muffler. ... I woke up this morning and I was exhausted.

I've been having dreams of an apocalyptic sort lately. In one, a nuclear blast hurled a van onto me as I stood on Galveston Beach. The end.

In another, Stalin and Castro took me prisoner on board a massive cargo vessel anchored off the coast, I escaped and was recaptured each time, causing lots of havoc aboardship in the process, and each time they took sadistic pleasure in explaining their evil plan. It was kind of like a sappy James Bond movie. Apparently they'd sent up several hundred nuclear warheads on satellites, and those satellites would soon rain down upon the earth and couldn't be stopped. I reasoned to them that given the choice of remaining their captive or living in a post-apocalyptic world, I'd rather just make my way to the epicenter of one of the blasts and be vaporized. They laughed their asses off and then released me. Then they got in a speed boat and left me aboard the cargo ship, which they'd programmed to be scuttled. But the water was shallow so it didn't sink and I didn't die, and instead I got picked up by coast guard. Then, a couple of weeks later, there was a full page ad taken out in the paper explaining their plan to the public. Nobody read the papers, so nobody knew to care. I made my way out to the epicenter of one of the planned explosions, but while every city was vaporized, I wasn't so lucky. Stuck in a world without air conditioning, I walked into a bar and saw someone I used to know; he'd lost everything. I sat down at his table, just as some Russian-speaking Hassidic Jews walked in...and then I woke up. The end.

I've been having dreams of an apocalyptic sort lately. In one, a nuclear blast hurled a van onto me as I stood on Galveston Beach. The end.In another, Stalin and Castro took me prisoner on board a massive cargo vessel anchored off the coast, I escaped and was recaptured each time, causing lots of havoc aboardship in the process, and each time they took sadistic pleasure in explaining their evil plan. It was kind of like a sappy James Bond movie. Apparently they'd sent up several hundred nuclear warheads on satellites, and those satellites would soon rain down upon the earth and couldn't be stopped. I reasoned to them that given the choice of remaining their captive or living in a post-apocalyptic world, I'd rather just make my way to the epicenter of one of the blasts and be vaporized. They laughed their asses off and then released me. Then they got in a speed boat and left me aboard the cargo ship, which they'd programmed to be scuttled. But the water was shallow so it didn't sink and I didn't die, and instead I got picked up by coast guard. Then, a couple of weeks later, there was a full page ad taken out in the paper explaining their plan to the public. Nobody read the papers, so nobody knew to care. I made my way out to the epicenter of one of the planned explosions, but while every city was vaporized, I wasn't so lucky. Stuck in a world without air conditioning, I walked into a bar and saw someone I used to know; he'd lost everything. I sat down at his table, just as some Russian-speaking Hassidic Jews walked in...and then I woke up. The end.
lol...only someone like you would have a dream w/ Stalin and Castro, Niche.
I think there are only about 6 people even paying attention to this thread at this point.Good. I like those odds.
That's pretty funny. I think you're right.

Here is an UPDATE

Board Statistics

Our members have made a total of 196,894 posts

We have 4,057 registered members

The newest member is schmoo643

Most users ever online was 2,494 on Saturday, July 21st, 2007 @ 6:25pm

The top portion was on Sept. 28, 2007...The bottom is todays.

Our members have made a total of 209,831 posts

We have 4,331 registered members

The newest member is suziet

Most users ever online was 2,494 on Saturday, July 21st, 2007 @ 5:25pm

Archived