Infant Recovered In Champions Carjacking

rps324

article

This sort of thing surprises me happening on Champion Forest. I know there was a car jacking at 1960 & Champion Forest not too terribly long ago, but somehow it seems a little less odd happening right on 1960. This, apparently, happened down Champion Forest Drive between Huntwick and Champions.

Probably a Metro rider who got sick of riding the bus.

On another note: It'd be interesting to see how fast these lowlifes would leave that area if you took their bus service away. Crimes like these were non-existent in the FM 1960 area back before Metro came in and the apartment developers followed.

Edited by mrfootball

blame the dumb hoochie-mamma who left her SUV running with her kid in it.

It is against state law to leave your vechicle running with a child in it.

As for the hoochi-mama...the article says nothing about leaving her motor running. She was leaving the dentist's office. Dr. Coker and a number of other dentists & orthodontists have their offices there. It's about 200 yds from the FM 1960 intersection (where the nearest bus stop is), 400 yds from the apartment complex in front of Greenwood Forest.

I guess to MrFootball it is. The carjacker probably came from one of the rundown apartment complexes on 1960. The Metro bus brings in a lot of people from other areas, like Acres Homes. I often see people walking aimlessly along 1960 and even trying to cross over both sides without regard for cars.

Edited by PureAuteur

METRO is now a social welfare organization?

Yes! The busses along this line are usually empty. If the few riders had to pay the true cost of this bus route they would buy cars.

It is also social engineering. The residents in these neighborhoods can afford their own transportation. The bus just allows the Katricians, misfits easier access to these businesses and homes.

Yes! The busses along this line are usually empty. If the few riders had to pay the true cost of this bus route they would buy cars.

It is also social engineering. The residents in these neighborhoods can afford their own transportation. The bus just allows the Katricians, misfits easier access to these businesses and homes.

If the busses are empty, then the bus line does not contribute to crime in the area. You cannot have it both ways. Aside from the fact that you provide absolutely no proof whatsoever to back up your inflammatory claim, you contradict yourself in the very next sentence.

Use of logic is not a requirement for opponents of public transit, is it?

Yo Coog, I heard a different report, that she got out to check on the number but that she was confronted while going back to her SUV, and that she handed her keys over to the P.O.S. who brandished a gun. But the fact that she was seen fleeing after the SUV as it pulled away, leads me to believe that she indeed DID leave the car running, and that the carjacker hopped in and drove off. Surely a mother would tell a criminal with a gun that they can have the SUV, just please let me get my baby before she turned over the keys.

OH PUH-LEEZE! How many times have you done anything like that in your safe little neighborhoods? I know I have and it doesn't make me a "hoochie mama". Egads. The woman was parked in front of a dentists' office for God's sake. All she wanted to do was check the hours on the door. I can name at least ten women (and men) right now who have done the same thing.

It really doesn't matter whether she left the car running or not--he was going to take her car no matter what!

I really don't understand the whole "blame the victim" mentality. Honestly, it could have been anyone here. It happens to the best of parents. I saw it all unfold on television and I thanked God that little boy was safe. We all have to be diligent about our surroundings, no matter where we live.

I also agree w/ Mr. Football's assessment. Metro moved in and the landscape changed entirely for the worse. Unfortunately, the line of demarcation (1960/Veterans, etc) is spreading to points north and west, and the Champions folks (mainly south of Cypresswood) are going to feel it in their property values unless they do something about it now. Who would have ever thought beautiful, established neighborhoods like Greenwood Forest, Olde Oaks, et al would have their long-time residents running further north to Klein and The Woodlands? White flight is in full swing! Yee-haw.

I also agree w/ Mr. Football's assessment. Metro moved in and the landscape changed entirely for the worse.

Thanks for clearing that up. I was always under the impression that the real estate bust of the mid 80s caused massive foreclosures in the area, allowing lower income families to purchase homes at a steeply discounted price. In fact, I know that METRO was not even serving the area back then. Could you tell me what date the 86 Crosstown began service?

Who would have ever thought beautiful, established neighborhoods like Greenwood Forest, Olde Oaks, et al would have their long-time residents running further north to Klein and The Woodlands? White flight is in full swing! Yee-haw.

Yeah, it has only been occurring in cities across the United States for 50 years now. Who could have seen that coming?

Thanks for clearing that up.

Hey, no problem! Always glad to help. :D

I was always under the impression that the real estate bust of the mid 80s caused massive foreclosures in the area, allowing lower income families to purchase homes at a steeply discounted price.

No--what you're talking about is happening now, and has been happening for the last 10 years. It's mainly because of rezoning schools and allowing areas south of 1960 near the Beltway to be bussed into Klein Schools in those neighborhoods. Have you seen the home prices as of late in the subdivisions to which I refer?

In fact, I know that METRO was not even serving the area back then. Could you tell me what date the 86 Crosstown began service?

You sure about that, Red? I remember it at least as far back as the early 90's when I lived right off of 1960 and Paramatta Lane.

Yeah, it has only been occurring in cities across the United States for 50 years now. Who could have seen that coming?

Hey, thanks for the smugness, finally something we can all use in this discussion. God knows there's plenty to go around! ;)

I stand by my Hoochie Mamma statement.

I have two daughters and would not do this. Especially in the dangerous suburban ghetto that Football and Parrott describe.

Yeah, right. :rolleyes:

BTW, where she was was not ghetto.

Thanks for clearing that up. I was always under the impression that the real estate bust of the mid 80s caused massive foreclosures in the area, allowing lower income families to purchase homes at a steeply discounted price.

My God, you're a dumbass.

Parrot, you got your keys in your hand, and your little girl is still sitting in her childseat, and this P.O.S. approaches YOU! God forbid this should EVER happen to you, but it is a fair question, as a Mother, what do you THINK you would do, if you are STILL holding the keys to your SUV ?

Edited by TJones

Probably a Metro rider who got sick of riding the bus.

On another note: It'd be interesting to see how fast these lowlifes would leave that area if you took their bus service away. Crimes like these were non-existent in the FM 1960 area back before Metro came in and the apartment developers followed.

So you're arguing that a really really crappy bus route with poor connectivity that extends into the furthest reaches of suburbia spurred transit-oriented development on a massive enough scale to create high levels of population density and cause chronic crime in the Champions area?

I fail to see how this crappy bus route can accidentally spur massive TOD when inner-city light rail, designed with that purpose specifically in mind, has such enormous trouble at it.

Edited by TheNiche

I don't have to support any position. What you said was absolutely retarded and incorrect.

Translation = Because I know that RedScare grew up in this area, and lived here in the 80s when this phenomenon occurred, and because I know that he cold busted my white suburban racist myth and I have no response to it, I'll just call him a dumbass and hope no one calls me on it.

Translation = Because I know that RedScare grew up in this area, and lived here in the 80s when this phenomenon occurred, and because I know that he cold busted my white suburban racist myth and I have no response to it, I'll just call him a dumbass and hope no one calls me on it.

Whew. That was better than your first rebuttal, counselor.

I grew up in a wealthy area outside the loop. Most of the Metro riders I knew of back then were House Keepers, Nannies, and the people going to work at the restaurants who served the Ladies Who Lunch Crowd. Hardly the types that would carjack a mother and toddler.

But, what do I know?

Whew. That was better than your first rebuttal, counselor.

I grew up in a wealthy area outside the loop. Most of the Metro riders I knew of back then were House Keepers, Nannies, and the people going to work at the restaurants who served the Ladies Who Lunch Crowd. Hardly the types that would carjack a mother and toddler.

But, what do I know?

the bus drivers are on 13 right now talking about how they get slapped, hit, urinated on, etc. those are some tough house keepers and nannies. :) of course, sheila jackson lee is nearby.

You "cold busted" nothing, you snarky dweeb. Only an idiot would imply that the oil bust of the 1980's is responsible for this carjacking.

Edited by mrfootball