Proposed W Hotel In Uptown

W Hotel  

147 members have voted

1. 1. What Development will Land the "W" in Houston?

• BLVD Place
    • Westcreek - Whatever it's called
    • Highland Village
    • Somewhere else
    • Don't kid yourself. Houston can't support a "W"
    • Downtown (Even though it would be financial suicide

Come on guys, basing a city's importance on hotel chains?!

Atlanta has two Ritz Carltons and two Ws because Starwood Hotels is based in Atlanta, simple as that.

Wikipedia and their site says it's White Plains, NY. Unless it changed?

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Atlanta has two Ritz Carltons and two Ws because Starwood Hotels is based in Atlanta, simple as that.

Lockmat is correct. Starwood is not based in Atlanta. In addition to that flaw, Ritz Carlton is not related to Starwood. Ritz Carlton is owned by Marriott (although I believe the Ritz Carlton division of Marriott is based in Atlanta)

Atlanta has two Ritz and four W's. Starwood also is not located in Atlanta.

IHG is headquarted in Atlanta (Intercontinental, Crown Plaza, Holiday Inn, ect)

• 2 weeks later...

I really hope this "Oaks District" (or whatever it's called) project makes it. With all of the other mixed use projects stalling to break ground, this looks like the most ambitious one that will make the biggest impact. I'm getting skeptical about Regent Square.

I really hope this "Oaks District" (or whatever it's called) project makes it. With all of the other mixed use projects stalling to break ground, this looks like the most ambitious one that will make the biggest impact. I'm getting skeptical about Regent Square.

i'm hearing that there's been some delays at BLVD Place as well....

i'm hearing that there's been some delays at BLVD Place as well....

Not surprised. As healthy as the Houston economy is relative to the rest of the country, it still matters if the financing is there or not. Unfortunately, I don't think these projects are locally financed.

BLVD Place is under construction right?

I think Regent Square will happen. It is one of those projects that goes through in phases, and not all at once like BLVD Place or Oaks District. That, and it is aiming for a more mixed crowd and not all upscale.

i know this is a change of subject, but today i was driving past the space where the aloft hotel is going to be and on the wall marketing signs it says that it will also be a mixed used development with phone numbers to get in touch with retail and office leasing information. Does anyone know anything about this? I thought it was only goign to be the hotel.

as i mentioned before somewhere in this thread, they were planning on an october groundbreaking.

hopefully thats still the case...

edited because above quote was all screwy and had me quoting eng.

Hey, you know how it is. October is just around the corner and somebody here is certainly going to hold you to that estimate. ;)

Has Starwood issued a press release regarding the W Houston yet?

I repeat my question. Do people here actually think that Starwood is going to build a W hotel without issuing a press release, or are some posters really just fooling themselves, and others, who don't know any better?

I repeat my question. Do people here actually think that Starwood is going to build a W hotel without issuing a press release, or are some posters really just fooling themselves, and others, who don't know any better?

The W is opening in Houston. No way the developer would have the W sign and stuff in the renderings. There was a Chronicle article on this development, too.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
Not sure...I'm searching CBREs website and not finding any listings for it just yet...

I've read post on SSP saying that the WestCreek apartments will be cleared in October an groundbreaking was supposed to be in January. (I don't know if they broked ground yet.)

I've been told by a reliable little bird that it is on hold indefinitely.

But for what it's worth...Oliver McMillan still has it on their website and the company leasing the retail still has it listed in their current projects. But then again, CBRE still has High Street listed and that company doing Hardy Yards does too, muahahaha, lol! :P

Archived