Your Predictions for 2000

Subdude

Here are 29 predictions of life in 2000. They didn't do all that bad, all things considered.

Predictions of the Year 2000

from The Ladies Home Journal of December 1900

The Ladies Home Journal from December 1900, which contained a fascinating article by John Elfreth Watkins, Jr.

Oh how I wish they mosquito predection were true. That would increase Houston quality of life like no other.

Well lockmat maybe if you get in a high-rise building you won't have to worry about mosquitos. I really don't know exactly how high you have to be. When my son lived in Tokyo, he said you had to live at least 5 stories up if you wanted to avoid mosquitos. He always picked the 6th floor, lol. Do you know about that?? I mean, rent is generally higher on the upper floors because of the view and less noise, do you know about the bug thing? I am just curious. If true, then the roof-top patios and pools would be very comfortable and mosquito free.

Well lockmat maybe if you get in a high-rise building you won't have to worry about mosquitos. I really don't know exactly how high you have to be. When my son lived in Tokyo, he said you had to live at least 5 stories up if you wanted to avoid mosquitos. He always picked the 6th floor, lol. Do you know about that?? I mean, rent is generally higher on the upper floors because of the view and less noise, do you know about the bug thing? I am just curious. If true, then the roof-top patios and pools would be very comfortable and mosquito free.

I did see someone here mention that there are no mosquitoes when you live on a high floor. Honestly, since I am a former suburbanite, I don't know the mosquito situation inside the loop. I'm sure it's most likely the same since there is water everywhere. But the houses I lived in growing up were surrounded my a surmountable number of wooded areas.

Since downtown is concrete city, is the situation any better there?

• The title was changed to Your Predictions for 2000

Archived