Your Predictions for 2024

Highrise Tower

HAIF has an annual predictions thread.  Thought I would start it this year.

- I predict 1 more building will break ground at both TMC Helix Park and Levit Green.

- I predict the high-profile land at Buffalo Speedway and Holmes Road will continue to sit vacant.  Though, one could wish for TMC BioPort to break ground!

- I predict national politics will continue to be ugly.  2024 is a Presidential election year and there will be lots of fighting between the two parties.

Feel free to add to the list.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Semi predictable  Houston weather  has had the most horrible heat wave summer in memory, now  four  destructive freezes in Four years......I'm thinking  the COH climate action plan might get tweaked a bit.

http://greenhoustontx.gov/climateactionplan/

Edited by trymahjong
  • Like 2

HISD will show no significant improvement in testing and will continue to lose students at an alarming rate.  Abbott will then claim that this shows that public schools are damaged beyond repair and make HISD his case for vouchers in 2025.

Whitmire will cave to the firefighters and then have to slash the City's budget.  

A revitalized Texans will cause a group of investors to come together to back a plan to renovate the Astrodome into a multipurpose event space that can compliment the conventions, rodeo and NFL tailgating.  The plan will go nowhere.

• Like 2

On 12/31/2023 at 12:01 PM, Highrise Tower said:

HAIF has an annual predictions thread.  Thought I would start it this year.

- I predict 1 more building will break ground at both TMC Helix Park and Levit Green.

- I predict the high-profile land at Buffalo Speedway and Holmes Road will continue to sit vacant.  Though, one could wish for TMC BioPort to break ground!

- I predict national politics will continue to be ugly.  2024 is a Presidential election year and there will be lots of fighting between the two parties.

Feel free to add to the list.

I predict we'll all need bigger popcorn bowls for the antics to come.

• Like 1