Sizzler Restaurants Return To Houston

Were the Bonanza steakhouses ever here in Houston? I miss those. Many great childhood memories of that cafeteria-style steakhouse.

I recall the one near where I was growing up in Rosenberg... first real exposure to steak there actually. Of course it's a chinese buffet or something now, but it still has the distinct barn-style rooftop.

There's actually one down the road in Sanford, ME not too far from me now. Still doing bustling business when I've passed it recently. The Ponderosa (essentially the same restaurant, but a different name) closed last year in Augusta, so I have a feeling the Sanford location may not be long for this world.

Nice to see the 'berg will be getting a Sizzler too! Perhaps it'll be open when I return for the Christmas break.

• 1 month later...
I would really like to see Steak & Shake return to the Houston market. We used to go there when I was a kid and we loved it.

We just visited Springfield MO in March for Spring Break, and saw Steak & Shakes on the way. We actually stopped to eat at a SS in Dallas -- it was awful!! My anticipation was quickly squashed, and I then changed my mind about wishing they too were in Houston.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
Is Sizzler any better than Golden Corral? 'Cause that place is NASTY!

The Sizzlers I've been to didn't have great food or anything, but they weren't nightmare inducing torture pits slathered with fecal matter and Crisco. In other words, they were a step above Golden Corral.

The Sizzlers I've been to didn't have great food or anything, but they weren't nightmare inducing torture pits slathered with fecal matter and Crisco. In other words, they were a step above Golden Corral.

That sounds real appetizing. Yuck!

I have eaten at the Sizzlers in Puerto Rico and they were okay (not great, but decent salad bars, and hot menu). I have never eaten at Golden Corral --and now, probably never will. :wacko:

I liked Sizzler. I never had a bad meal or bad service. Of course this was back in the 70's. We ate at the one in eastend where Lawndale, Griggs and Evergreen met. Later I ate at the one in Pasadena on Spencer by the parkview movie theater. Of course it wasn't like the Steak and Ale of yesteryear but it was still good.

I liked Sizzler. I never had a bad meal or bad service. Of course this was back in the 70's. We ate at the one in eastend where Lawndale, Griggs and Evergreen met. Later I ate at the one in Pasadena on Spencer by the parkview movie theater. Of course it wasn't like the Steak and Ale of yesteryear but it was still good.

So has anyone verified if Sizzler is really here now, once again (like topic seems to imply)???

Last one I ate at was in West LA years ago, that one was fantastic!

Most are right, Golden Corral is a place people go to stuff themselves silly. The staff can't keep up with the feeding frenzy that surrounds them. The salad bar is the only thing I once liked but this place is pure funk. Prices went up too! :wacko:

So has anyone verified if Sizzler is really here now, once again (like topic seems to imply)???

The one at F.M. 2920 & Kuykendahl has been open for business for a few months now. Just noticed last week that there is an IHOP or Denny's going in near the Sizzler also on 2920. Looks like it's almost built.

The one at F.M. 2920 & Kuykendahl has been open for business for a few months now. Just noticed last week that there is an IHOP or Denny's going in near the Sizzler also on 2920. Looks like it's almost built.

What have Lockmat's comments have to do with anything? Shame!

WOAH, fecal matter? Which Golden Corral was that?

• 1 year later...

Archived