Barnaby's Cafe At 181 Heights Blvd.

Quinlan

I was driving down Heights Blvd. this weekend and saw a Barnaby's Cafe/Baby Barnaby's sign on the front porch of a house being remodeled. The house is on the Blvd., southbound, two houses south of 11th. Anyone know anything more about this? Barnaby's would be a great addition to the Heights.

I was driving down Heights Blvd. this weekend and saw a Barnaby's Cafe/Baby Barnaby's sign on the front porch of a house being remodeled. The house is on the Blvd., southbound, two houses south of 11th. Anyone know anything more about this? Barnaby's would be a great addition to the Heights.

Really?... wow that would be awsome. I will have to check that out later today when I get off work. My bf and I LOVE Barnaby's... him especially... and we live near 10th and Yale! :D

Oh I do hope so. Please please please let there be a Barnaby's :)

These are the kind of hometown establishments we need to see open in the heights.

Barnaby's is a type of place I could really see working in the Heights. I can't wait to go home and take a walk around the block to see what I can find out!

No guarantees. All I saw was a Barnaby's sign, on it's side, leaning up against the house on the porch. The house also looks like it's going through some renovations (spanish-style tile in piles on the roof ready to be laid). I would love it....it would mean no more driving to West Gray for Barnaby's take-out for me.

That would be awesome ... I love their Cobb salad.

Barnaby's is definitely better than McDonalds. I suppose that was joke?

Yes I was joking.

Personally I would like to see an Eatzis type place in the Heights. There are a few empty buildings around that would be large enough for it. It seems that it could be profitable because of the demographics. Plus its nice to have a place that has imported stuff that you don't usually find at kroger or fiesta. :lol:

Yes I was joking.

Personally I would like to see an Eatzis type place in the Heights. There are a few empty buildings around that would be large enough for it. It seems that it could be profitable because of the demographics. Plus its nice to have a place that has imported stuff that you don't usually find at kroger or fiesta. :lol:

I think HEB wanted to turn the store on 11th into a Central Market. That would have been great. Word was that it was either the landlord or the alchohol restriction that kept them from doing it.

Yes I was joking.

Well, seeing that Eatzi's couldn't make a dime in the Galleria/Uptown Park area, I doubt they could sustain sales volume in The Heights.

I think HEB wanted to turn the store on 11th into a Central Market. That would have been great. Word was that it was either the landlord or the alchohol restriction that kept them from doing it.

How on earth could they have put a CM on that tiny little parcel? The only way I could see it fitting would be to have a two level parking garage with a grocery store on the top....

Guest Malvoe

Whole foods put in a smaller-than-normal store on Magazine St in Uptown New Orleans. It was great. They made a mint. HEB could have done the same thing with a Central Market. IMHO, the Fiesta on Studewood is perfect for the same sort of thing.

Whole foods put in a smaller-than-normal store on Magazine St in Uptown New Orleans. It was great. They made a mint. HEB could have done the same thing with a Central Market. IMHO, the Fiesta on Studewood is perfect for the same sort of thing.

Off the orginal topic, but I appreciate the reference to the NOLA Whole Foods. I lived down the street from the store a few years back and was there when they were building it. You're right, being on a smallish lot didn't deter that place from making money. It was packed at every time of the day. There's so many similarities between the neighborhoods. Hopefully one day a Whole Foods/Central Market type store will take a chance in the Heights.

Well, seeing that Eatzi's couldn't make a dime in the Galleria/Uptown Park area, I doubt they could sustain sales volume in The Heights.

Sorry to stay off topic BUT

McCains could become something like this in time. We all just have to remember to shop there. More business means more reason opportunity to expand the selection of prepared foods, produce and deli items. They have always been so nice and gracious to me there. I hope they are part of the Heights for a very long time!

• 1 month later...
  • The title was changed to Barnaby's In The Heights?
  • The title was changed to Barnaby's Cafe At 181 Heights Blvd.