editor

La centerra is pretty nice, but it's a lot smaller than it looks in the video. Hopefully phase 2 will be bigger and better. Will this interfere with the simon mall development though (THE GRAND)?

No Williams Sonoma as of the day we filmed the video. But some nice retailers none the less. This was a very well designed project. We created a video tour of the center and are using this to promote the Katy area.

Video Of La Centerra

CH

Thanks. Double Clicked by accident

• 3 weeks later...
maybe every one ran away in fear when they saw you and your partner coming. seriously though i have always seen plenty of people there when i go by, especially on the weekends. :blink:

Prolly so. You know how we do.

The plaza wasn't empty and actually there were a fair number of people. But there are few shops open.

Panera Bread will be opening this summer as well as Fish City Grill and a sushi place (can't remember the name) so that should drum up traffic. Chuys would be great!

Panera Bread must have pulled out. I stopped by La Centerra last Friday night and noticed the Panera Bread signs that were on both sides of the space they were to move into were covered up. I thought it was odd they had plastic and tape over both. I went to the La Centerra website and Panera Bread is no longer listed as a tenant.

The sushi restaurant going in is called Kenzo Sushi Bistro.

Panera Bread must have pulled out. I stopped by La Centerra last Friday night and noticed the Panera Bread signs that were on both sides of the space they were to move into were covered up. I thought it was odd they had plastic and tape over both. I went to the La Centerra website and Panera Bread is no longer listed as a tenant.

The sushi restaurant going in is called Kenzo Sushi Bistro.

It (LC) really is a nice concept. It would be ashame if it doesn't attract more retail.

I was there yesterday and it was pretty dead except for ppl having coffee. Most likely because not much restaurants yet. Its seems the only walkable areas in these parts. Also, the villagio area will be good to walk a too.

I would actually like to see a united states post office here in la centerra. I don't know why. just like that thought

Edited by webdude

• 1 month later...
not yet,but if I find out I'll "spill it" .

And I'd not get too excited yet. most of those are tentative or what the developer is calling "proposed" there are different steps in the process. They are:

Available

Prospect

LOI being Negotiated

Lease being finalized

Leased

All these names I mentioned are at the "prospect" level, so they are very tentative. I just wanted to get everyone an idea of what type of retailers that La Centerra is looking at.

katy since '82 or anyone else......

Any news on Chuys or anything else new coming to La Centerra? I saw where Berry Hill, which was originally listed as a La Centerra tentant, ended up going into Villagio.

Unless you plan on shopping, you probably will be. It's not much of a destination just yet.

____ing girls. "OMG did you see that new mall they built in front of Cinco. Let's go to it". I'll be prepared.

Edited by Trae

• 2 months later...

Negotiations must have continued as the signs for Panera Bread on the Northwest corner of the complex are now back up! Will be nice to have a Panera that close.

Mission Burritos has also been added as a tenant. It will be located in the courthouse building near Jamba Juice. The article can be found here: Burrito food chain to open in LaCenterra.

That should be interesting. Chipotle has opened locations at Sugar Land Town Square and Market Street, I wonder if they'll open at La Centerra also and compete with Mission?

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for posting this. Do you have the link to the website where it's located? I was wondering if I could get a larger blow-up of the picture since some of the retailer names are difficult to read.

My wife mentioned that they drained the lake next to La Centerra. Could this be work for phase 2 that links it with phase 1?

I wonder if the same stores going in La Centerra will be opening up in The Grand. I also wonder what kind of grocery store they will put in. Maybe a Whole Foods? That would do well with the Cinco crowd. I like the layout much better than many of the other suburban centers going up.

Edited by Trae

I wonder if the same stores going in La Centerra will be opening up in The Grand. I also wonder what kind of grocery store they will put in. Maybe a Whole Foods? That would do well with the Cinco crowd. I like the layout much better than many of the other suburban centers going up.

I can't see the map clearly to know whether a grocery store will be in there. Is there an area slated for grocery? Whole Foods will be awesome, and yes a perfect fit.

Thanks for posting this. Do you have the link to the website where it's located? I was wondering if I could get a larger blow-up of the picture since some of the retailer names are difficult to read.

I got it off the Cinco Ranch property owners website. I think you have to have an account to log on to it. If you PM me your email. I could email it to you.

Or I suppose I could try and make it bigger and re-post it. It is a pdf file.

Edited by westguy76

• 2 months later...
I got it off the Cinco Ranch property owners website. I think you have to have an account to log on to it. If you PM me your email. I could email it to you.

Or I suppose I could try and make it bigger and re-post it. It is a pdf file.

i read that perrys is coming early 2008 from a chron blog. i dont know though b/c everyone says it wont. also if the chipolte opens wont that hurt the mission place? vice versa

• 2 weeks later...

12/18

The list of tenants has been updated. Some new additions include:

Cinco Ranch Financial

http://cincoranchfinancial.com/

KGA Deforest

http://www.kgadeforest.com/

*Also, not yet listed on site, Baker Street Pub & Grill will be opening in 2008. A sign has been place near the back of phase one, near Kenzo Sushi.*

Baker Street Pub & Grill

http://www.sherlockspubco.com/Home.aspx

"Baker St. is an authentic British pub complete with a large selection of draught beers and ales."

Updated Residentail Info:

See a new artist's rendering of how phase 2 of LaCenterra will look like with mid-rise residential development.

http://lacenterra.com/leasingbrochure.pdf

:D More to come soon...