editor

Wow, three stories of apartments above retail! At least it's walkable space for those residents, assuming the big store in the back is still grocery.

I'd love to see townhomes instead of apartments; pride of ownership goes a long way towards keeping a complex looking nice.

Wow, three stories of apartments above retail! At least it's walkable space for those residents, assuming the big store in the back is still grocery.

I'd love to see townhomes instead of apartments; pride of ownership goes a long way towards keeping a complex looking nice.

I had assumed they meant owner-occupied apartments, but now that I reread, I bet you're right. Being that we're not in NY, they'd probably call them condos or townhouses if they weren't rentals.

I would think that they'd have to charge fairly steep rents to keep the apartment population from detracting from the retail environment. I feel pretty confident that things will be well-maintained because La Centerra will lose its retail tenants if it goes downhill. Nonetheless, I would also prefer owned units to rentals.

• 1 month later...
Whatever happened to word that Chuy's was coming to Katy? I don't live over there so I can't tell if one opened or not. I couldn't find any proof any where else on the net. Could someone out in Katy give me an update?

Thanks! :D

chuys is awesome! it would be great if they came to katy

Whatever happened to word that Chuy's was coming to Katy? I don't live over there so I can't tell if one opened or not. I couldn't find any proof any where else on the net. Could someone out in Katy give me an update?

Thanks! :D

No Chuy's in Katy yet. There are two separate restaurant pads on the La Centerra plan and the rumour is that that Chuy's and Perry's are going into those locations, but they haven't broken ground yet on either one. All the effort is focused on grading out the area for Phase II right now.

No Chuy's, but the Mission Burritos is open. Virtually a clone of Chipotle (or vicey versy); Chipotle's been around since 1993 according to their website, Mission Buritto says they've been in Houston since 1996, but I remember them from Southern California in the 70's (if it's the same outfit).

Edited by Standeck

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The Baker Street Pub and Grill opened at 5:00 PM yesterday (I happened by at 5:09). Pub food, pub decor and unusually for a new Katy restaurant, a full staff of trained servers! Lots of nooks, dartboards, a small bandstand for live music. Since HAIF-ers are always in the know, I will clue you in that the restrooms are purposely hidden behind the last bookcase on the right!

If there's ever a Katy and Points West HAIF meet up, this is the place to do it. :)

• 3 weeks later...
Hollister, A & F, Pac-Sun, etc., are going to make a killing in the Cinco Ranch crowd.

My twelve year old daughter turned cartwheels when she saw the list of retailers for LC-II. Should all be coming on line just as she starts at CRHS across the street. I am in Biiiiiiig trouble!! :o

:huh: do you guys think that 28,000 suare feet is big enough for a movie theater? or do you think it will be a different type of theater going in?

I looked up some information and a 30,000 square feet theatre is about 10 screens/stadium seating. That is hardly enough for South Katy! Wish the plans to open a theatre at The Shops at Bella Terra went through -_- .

You still have AMC Katy Mills and Cinemark just north of the freeway. Then the Alamo Drafthouse on Mason, too. I don't think the plans for the theater at the Shops at Bella Terra are completely canceled.

The wife and I went to Bakers Street Saturday night, and it was packed. In fact it was packed from about 8:00 pm until we left at 11:30. However, with this new found success comesthe worst tasting margarita on the planet. Kind of like suckin back some Pinesol.

The wife and I went to Bakers Street Saturday night, and it was packed. In fact it was packed from about 8:00 pm until we left at 11:30. However, with this new found success comesthe worst tasting margarita on the planet. Kind of like suckin back some Pinesol.

My husband and I have been to the Baker Street in Sugar Land and the one in Rice Village many times... my only question "Why are you drinking margarita's in an English Pub?" ;)

My husband and I have been to the Baker Street in Sugar Land and the one in Rice Village many times... my only question "Why are you drinking margarita's in an English Pub?" ;)

Uhhh, because it's the only place in Katy that somewhat resembles a bar, and my wife wanted to go have a drink or two aside from beer. Of course the corporate heads at Bakers street knew that it's far more profitable to serve liquor in an "English pub", so they did something crazy... They actually decided to serve mixed drinks and shots.

Edit: If I want to go to a real pub I'll head to Gingermans.

Edited by Gary

Uhhh, because it's the only place in Katy that somewhat resembles a bar, and my wife wanted to go have a drink or two aside from beer. Of course the corporate heads at Bakers street knew that it's far more profitable to serve liquor in an "English pub", so they did something crazy... They actually decided to serve mixed drinks and shots.

Edit: If I want to go to a real pub I'll head to Gingermans.

I understand that they serve other drinks besides beer there, but I don't see the point in complaining about how bad the margaritas are there when that is not what people go there for. Granted, it's the only game in town, but give the place a chance... especially on something they probably only serve a handful times a night, if that. "worst tasting margarita on the planet. Kind of like suckin back some Pinesol" is pretty harsh.

And The Ginger Man is a cool pub, you're right on that.

I understand that they serve other drinks besides beer there, but I don't see the point in complaining about how bad the margaritas are there when that is not what people go there for. Granted, it's the only game in town, but give the place a chance... especially on something they probably only serve a handful times a night, if that. "worst tasting margarita on the planet. Kind of like suckin back some Pinesol" is pretty harsh.

I'm not sure how you come to your conclusion. There were many folks there that were knocking back mixed drinks. Also, many of those that came to pretend they were beer "connoisseurs" drank Bud, and Miller light. You may not know it, but not everybody wants a beer, especially considering your the only game in town.

As far as giving the place a chance... Not sure what your talking about. I never insinuated that the bar was crap, I simply stated that the margaritas were terrible. I'm sure the Black and Tans were magnificant though. ;)