El Centro De Corazon Eastwood Health Center At 412 Telephone Rd.

59 minutes ago, linearmovement said:

Now that you've put this vision in my head I'm going to be so disappointed if it doesn't happen.

Looks like 13ish parking spaces for the whole structure. That is brutal to try to add restaurant to the space as you need 8 per 1,000 sq ft and HCAD reports this is a 7k sq ft+ building. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, j_cuevas713 said:

Is this section outside the no min parking requirements? 

Yep, it is about 1/2 mile east of the market-based parking area in EaDo and when they enacted the TOD ordinance, they only included future BRT stops SW of the Eastwood Transit Center.

Even so, being a commercial location, it would only have qualified for a 50% reduction as Primary Street TOD only kicks in when the stations are built and the pink is secondary. 

uXwXbrN.png

HOWEVER, with the University Line BRT being pushed forward right now, I think Polk is sketched in as a future BRT stop. TOD would automatically kick in once the station is finished and then you would have opt-in market-based parking. 

We'll know more about station locations as early as this fall. I'm guessing Eastwood TC(duh)/Polk/Harrisburg/Navigation.

Also, looking at this map, the pink secondary line actually gets all of the way up to Telephone, where that large complex is where Bohemeo's is. I wonder how much of that complex would qualify for a 50% reduction. I would imagine the primary designation would extend down to Telephone/Leeland when the Polk BRT station would open. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wilcal said:

Yep, it is about 1/2 mile east of the market-based parking area in EaDo and when they enacted the TOD ordinance, they only included future BRT stops SW of the Eastwood Transit Center.

Even so, being a commercial location, it would only have qualified for a 50% reduction as Primary Street TOD only kicks in when the stations are built and the pink is secondary. 

uXwXbrN.png

HOWEVER, with the University Line BRT being pushed forward right now, I think Polk is sketched in as a future BRT stop. TOD would automatically kick in once the station is finished and then you would have opt-in market-based parking. 

We'll know more about station locations as early as this fall. I'm guessing Eastwood TC(duh)/Polk/Harrisburg/Navigation.

Also, looking at this map, the pink secondary line actually gets all of the way up to Telephone, where that large complex is where Bohemeo's is. I wonder how much of that complex would qualify for a 50% reduction. I would imagine the primary designation would extend down to Telephone/Leeland when the Polk BRT station would open. 

Yeah but TOD and parking mins are separate things. If the city had never adopted TOD or WP ordinances, the same would still apply to this construction not needing a minimum amount of parking. 

EDIT: Nevermind I misunderstood you lol

Edited by j_cuevas713
  • Like 1

• The title was changed to Polk And Fashion St.
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Couldn't snag a pic, but was driving by and noticed that there definitely appears to be some sort of countertop nearest the point. Most of the main structure still appears to have doorways into small rooms. 

Honestly, having a coffee shop and some office space in the rest would be great. 

• Like 2

Looks like this is staying some type of medical office. Stopped the other night when I saw that all of the lights were on. That countertop area appears to be a receptionist/check-in place :/ In one of the pics you can see the blueprints and it definitely is subdivided into a bunch of small rooms.

I didn't break in! These are all taken through the windows from the public ROW basically.

42UNHU6.png

o227H1O.png

WR8zvG8.png

zcPFIRi.png

cBC9nHc.png

• Like 3

19 hours ago, wilcal said:

Looks like this is staying some type of medical office. Stopped the other night when I saw that all of the lights were on. That countertop area appears to be a receptionist/check-in place :/ In one of the pics you can see the blueprints and it definitely is subdivided into a bunch of small rooms.

I didn't break in! These are all taken through the windows from the public ROW basically.

zcPFIRi.png

Good find. If you zoom in on the plans, there is the name "El Centro de Corazon."

That location is confirmed here:

https://www.elcentrodecorazon.org/locations/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • The title was changed to Polk St. And Fashion St.
  • The title was changed to El Centro De Corazon Eastwood Health Center At 412 Telephone Rd.