Crest At Taylor: Multifamily At 2140 Taylor St.

Urbannizer

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, CrockpotandGravel said:

The thread about that is here:

https://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/38832-studemont-junction-and-apartments-former-grocers-supply-warehouse/

Mods @Urbannizer, @Triton, @Subdude, @intencity77 please merge this thread with the existing one linked above. Thanks.

Thanks @CrockpotandGravel. This really isnt part of Studemont Junction.  Mods, perhaps this deserves it's own thread and merge the posts from the Studemont Junction thread into it? Would make it much easier to find. 

Or update the Sawyer Village thread. 

Think this is still wrong. He's talking about a strictly multi family development at Taylor and Summer St. I'm on mobile right now but if anyone can find the right development, I'll merge it with that one. 

1 hour ago, Triton said:

Think this is still wrong. He's talking about a strictly multi family development at Taylor and Summer St. I'm on mobile right now but if anyone can find the right development, I'll merge it with that one. 

I agree this is neither Studemont Junction nor Lower Heights district and it’s not even on the same side of target as those two developments. 

There was definitely a topic for the apartment development on the corner of Taylor and Spring but I cannot seem to find it either. 

3 hours ago, CrockpotandGravel said:

Sorry, dude. 

There is a thread for this but I provided the wrong thread.

You're looking for Lower Heights District.

https://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/31776-lower-heights-district

Rule of thumb: if it's a large plot and there's construction or the land has cleared, you can count there is a thread on it in the forum. If you don't know the name of the project or know the address, you can do this until the search on the site is working again: type in street names, cross streets, or other identifiers in Google with HAIF in the query and it will more often than not show in the results.

Correction mods @Urbannizer @Triton @Subdude @intencity77 please merge this thread with the existing one on Lower Heights District linked above. Thanks.

Actually the first thread you linked also had a question/answer about this block too. So it's been covered in multiple threads for the area.  This is definitely not part of Lower Heights, but actually listed as part of Sawyer Village (target, Sawyer heights lofts, Staples, etc)

Studemont Junction, Lower Heights, and Sawyer Village projects often get incorrectly lumped together. 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, Avossos said:

I spy a mock up in the making

Thats what I thought when I saw it but it's actually on the slab wrapping around the parking garage. But it's strange that it has roof like that on the first floor, so you might be right.

the more i drive by this the more i am really really saddened/frustrated that they won't be doing any first-floor retail. 2 full blocks right next to the bike path like that.... just begs for a dish society/local foods. 

4 hours ago, crock said:

the more i drive by this the more i am really really saddened/frustrated that they won't be doing any first-floor retail. 2 full blocks right next to the bike path like that.... just begs for a dish society/local foods. 

The retail in Katyville can’t currently support anything more than the chains there now. Local foods & dish society are on heights blvd just a stones throw away. Also two Downtown nearly equal distance.

This area has the potential to be a good heights trail gateway. Shame the options are southwells or fast food after a ride. 

• 4 weeks later...

I'm pretty sure this went through a redesign. I hiked past this project yesterday and saw the mockup on site. You can see it in @hindesky photo above on the far left center. A lot more brick and darker tones overall instead of the lighter tones in the original renders. This is at least what I can infer from the mockup matched with the renders. Could be wrong, but it just saying that we should be on the lookout for something different than what was shown.

1 hour ago, Luminare said:

I'm pretty sure this went through a redesign. I hiked past this project yesterday and saw the mockup on site. You can see it in @hindesky photo above on the far left center. A lot more brick and darker tones overall instead of the lighter tones in the original renders. This is at least what I can infer from the mockup matched with the renders. Could be wrong, but it just saying that we should be on the lookout for something different than what was shown.

You are 100% correct. Looks to be mostly brick. similar to TC Yale Street apartments... I think this will fit in better with the area than the stucco / white box they proposed.

I like the black trim / soffet... Makes the building seem more modern and handsome. Hopefully this turns out well. 

Just now, Avossos said:

You are 100% correct. Looks to be mostly brick. similar to TC Yale Street apartments... I think this will fit in better with the area than the stucco / white box they proposed.

I like the black trim / soffet... Makes the building seem more modern and handsome. Hopefully this turns out well. 

I actually agree as well. Seems that will be there approach, but with a little more use of metal panel. I rather have brick + metal panel than stucco and hardy plank. These apartments should blend well with the townhomes next door, while not that great looking, at least make sense stylistically from the other crappy townhomes nearby.

Archived