• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

At the most recent meeting of the Board of Regents for the A&M System there was an item called "Development Tract (~4.5 acres on Holcombe Blvd.‐adjacent to TMC)" in the Public-Private Partnership list with a projected value of $325 million which I can only imagine will be a massive (and tall!) project.

http://assets.system.tamus.edu/files/bor/pdf/AgendaArchive/2019-04/Regular Agenda.pdf

• Like 3

10 hours ago, jmitch94 said:

Hospitals are super expensive. The Health 2 building at the University of Houston was only 9 stories and cost almost $150 million. 

As someone who worked next to a guy that was part of a "healthcare division" for a previous firm, I can certainly concur. Its not actually the "building" itself, but the equipment inside and then building elements that have to meet certain standards for said equipment. Its also one of the strictest and most highly regulated building types....which is also why its a very specified sector one works in as far as architecture goes. You either are into that sort of thing or not.

• Like 4

Crane flying up whole trailer full of AC air ducts.

ggik0QB.jpg

Irving Crane was making the lift, looked them up since I had never heard of them. First thought was they were from Irving, Tx but turns out they are a Canadian company with  an office in Maine. Weird they couldn't use a local company unless they are ATM Aggies too, since Vaughn is an Aggie grad company.

https://www.irvingcrane.com

Edited by hindesky
  • Like 8

• 2 weeks later...