On 3/18/2021 at 6:23 AM, Highrise Tower said:

A rendering banner has been posted along the majority of the site.

One banner features a new rendering of the TMC3 Hotel and Convention Center.

5fx9R36.jpg

Rebar is peaking out of the hole. A retaining wall is forming.

I didn't realize the hotel and convention center would be so tall. This looks amazing.

• Like 4

I kind of came by here hoping to see the tower crane going up but after visiting a lot of constructions sites and not seeing any workers I realized almost all of the job sites were closed down for the Easter weekend. Maybe next weekend.

nWnatqq.jpg

aG96S8Q.jpg

ZbGEUD7.jpg

• Like 8

On 3/19/2021 at 9:19 AM, CREguy13 said:

Innovation Map yesterday:

"We are excited to see Google expand its presence in Texas and here in Houston," Bob Harvey, president and CEO of the Greater Houston Partnership, says in a Google release. "Google is working closely with Houston companies in energy and healthcare to ensure successful digital transformation in these core industries. At the same time, the company is collaborating with emerging energy 2.0 companies to help usher in the energy transition to a low-carbon future. We believe the future holds more partnership opportunities for Google and the Houston region."

Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner says the Google office will help lay the groundwork for Houston's evolution as Silicon Bayou, a center of tech innovation. Along those lines, Bill McKeon, CEO of the Texas Medical Center, says the medical complex is working with Google on several initiatives designed to capitalize on his organization's health data and intellectual capital.

Does anyone else get the feeling Google may be a major tenant in TMC3?  Their logo was displayed in the video as an industry partner, we know the first industry building is being announced soon from the most recent 'State of the TMC', and I believe the above bolded statement is the first public mention from Bill McKeon on the TMC's partnerships with Google. 

Fingers crossed.

Wow! Absolutely they’ll have offices at TMC3. 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Highrise Tower said:

The garage footprint is expanding.

I saw this and for some reason had the thought that a giant foot shaped garage would be an awesome thing to see, with the added plus that during construction saying "footprint" would literally be correct.

• Like 2

Is this going up fast or is this just me? It seems like they went from no crane and minimal site work to crane, pillars, and extensive site work in about a month? And thats with people being off for Easter. And the second building starts in August? Really incredible to see something like this really, actually happen and so quickly.

• Like 6