GreenStreet: Mixed-Use Development At 1201 Fannin St.

MontroseNeighborhoodCafe

Anybody have any updates on the Pavilion? Aren't they supposed to announce the groundbreaking sometime at the beginning of this year? I really hope this happens, since the majority of the pieces seem to have come together for this project.

Ground breaking, according to the website, already happened.

I went on houstonpavilions.com just awhile ago, and they don't say nothing about groundbreaking.

Where you getting your sources from, Pumapayam?

It has the scheduled date for groundbreaking. It's not past tense. I posted an article in a post earlier that said groundbreaking already happened. It's somewhat skeptical, but only because of the wording. I was assuming it was still correct because you would think the source (McGraw-Hill) is reliable.

Edited by lockmat

It has the scheduled date for groundbreaking. It's not past tense. I posted an article in a post earlier that said groundbreaking already happened. It's somewhat skeptical, but only because of the wording. I was assuming it was still correct because you would think the source (McGraw-Hill) is reliable.

McGraw-Hill is not a reliable source. It mention, "Developers of the Houston Pavilions recently announced that groundbreaking on the $200 million, 800,000 sq.-ft. mixed-use project, was scheduled for early November."

The groundbreaking suppose to happen November '06, and never came about. So, you could throw away that source.

Edited by houstonsemipro

McGraw-Hill is not a reliable source. It mention, "Developers of the Houston Pavilions recently announced that groundbreaking on the $200 million, 800,000 sq.-ft. mixed-use project, was scheduled for early November."

The groundbreaking suppose to happen November '06, and never came about. So, you could throw away that source.

There's a few people who have posted that have said they've seen some activity. I guess just because we don't see beams going up or a news story about it doesn't mean that ground hasn't been broken. I'm not saying it has, I'm just reporting a few facts.

There's a few people who have posted that have said they've seen some activity. I guess just because we don't see beams going up or a news story about it doesn't mean that ground hasn't been broken. I'm not saying it has, I'm just reporting a few facts.

I don't know lock, i was just there 45 min ago and the site is STILL a Parking lot. I'll consider it a groundbreaking when they fence off the parking lot and bring in the cranes (If it ever happens! <_< )

This project is a go! I know people get frustrated but you got to remember this project has only been around for a couple of years. Their is 200million dollars involved and every little detail needs to be complete before construction starts. I truly beleive this project will be in full swing and ground will break during Spring time (March/April)

Edited by Ethanra

thanks for the picture - taken from the marriott?

Yup. I am a tenant of the Humble Tower apartments, which is part of that same property. The pic was taken from the apartment complex's roofdeck. I suspect that once groundbreaking occurs, I'll periodically go up and snap a new picture of the progress being made... er, assuming my rent doesn't suddenly skyrocket and I have to move out.

Edited by stjnky

Read more. Post less.

What's the point of posting if you're not going to explain yourself? I get the gist of it, but what did you want me to read? Why not add a link to a post in which I should have read.

This kind of posting is just annoying.

Edited by lockmat

What's the point of posting if you're not going to explain yourself? I get the gist of it, but what did you want me to read? Why not add a link to a post in which I should have read.

He's saying you can look on the net just as everyone else can instead of adding unnecessary posts.

77017 rarely explains her/himself. You've made a valid point.

You got to remember lockmat that 77017 said that a forum ran out of Chicago will never work.

Edited by Marty

i went by today, too. still 3 parking lots, but there was a portable building or two in the middle parking lot across from the Fannin building, so something has happened or is about to start happening...

going to S. Texas or working at ExxonMobil will not suck as much once this is done. :P

I just moved my mom to Sugar Land a couple of weeks ago, and plan on moving to Houston too in the next couple of months. I've been checking out what's being planned for houston in the future and this one looks pretty exciting. But, what's the word? are they building it or is it on hold for some reason? That's one of the things i'm looking forward too when i move is that here in Corpus Christi, nothing ever changes, this city doesn't look to the future and it seems as though the people here despise any kind of development that will boost the econonmy. I've been here in corpus christi about nine years, and the only new signifigant developments during this time have been a new arena, a baseball stadium, and a Logans Roadhouse. I can't wait to move outta here. HOUSTON HERE I COME :D

that wasn't me - it was stjnky

i only take photos of old stuff B)

Sorry; thanks stjnky!!! I'm hoping we can get some good weather (if ever :angry2: ) so I can go out and take some pics as well. It will be cool watching Pavilions go up. The design with the circular skywalks looks pretty cool.

YuYevon, get out of Corpus. It is an ok place to visit, but way too small for professional sports, theater, big time entertainment, and so on. You will love H-town.