Tropical Storm Edouard - 2008

HtownWxBoy

Going over my check list

flashlight - check

batteries - check

tequila - check

Okay. I'm ready.

Yeah, Hubby is stopping by Specs on the way home.

Being from Miami I really don't get bothered by these small storms. It's the stink and the lack o AC afterwards that sucks.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, that's true. Plus, it has gotten more organized. We'll see.

All this computerized stuff makes hurricane watch parties a little old-fashioned. I remember my mom would track the storms and coordinates.

Now I just look at a screen and computerized models.

We know more (kinda), but the thrill-level is way down.

Yeah, Hubby is stopping by Specs on the way home.

Being from Miami I really don't get bothered by these small storms. It's the stink and the lack o AC afterwards that sucks.

yep, it's the no AC that bothers me too. I'll probably loose some branches and I might even get a little water but thats okay as long as I have my wonderful AC. It keeps me cool and calm.

The northern and eastern sides of the storm are the worst... for rain and wind. Look at Rita... it missed us just to the east and all we got was some wind and hardly any rain.

...and the wind was from the north.

Why anyone living north of I-10 would evacuate is beyond me. I live inside the loop and will stay home, like always. I grew up on the Gulf Coast and have been through many storms - Betsy, Camille, Frederick, Alicia and others. I think that so many people freaked out during Rita was as a result of Katrina and the New Orleans ordeal. In reality, Katrina did not stike New Orleans, it hit Waveland, MS and destroyed the entire Mississippi coast.

I bet you all wish those powerlines were all buried! :lol:

Exactamante!

Our house is surrounded by these blasted lines so we would be trapped. Not staying in my old house anyway.

Running hideout at nearby familia that has better protection (Soprano's). Would like to give this figlio di putanna Edouardo, an offer he can't refuse! :rolleyes:

For me, it's the AC. 100+ degrees indoors is not comfortable, and it seems to take days to cool once the furniture has absorbed all the heat. I also have a cold, so the high humidity will make it feel like I'm walking around through vomit. And I also wonder how all the woodland animals outside will fare.

I bet you all wish those powerlines were all buried! :lol:

Let's not start this debate again.

For me, it's the AC. 100+ degrees indoors is not comfortable, and it seems to take days to cool once the furniture has absorbed all the heat. I also have a cold, so the high humidity will make it feel like I'm walking around through vomit. And I also wonder how all the woodland animals outside will fare.

Are those The Woodlands animals or just the woodland animals?

Going over my check list

flashlight - check

batteries - check

tequila - check

Okay. I'm ready.

That's pretty much my checklist too. Though the first to go will be the Mudslide mix in the fridge!

:lol:

That's pretty much my checklist too. Though the first to go will be the Mudslide mix in the fridge!

:lol:

Yeah.. need to run by spec's on the way home today.. I wouldn't be surprised if it's quite busy with people getting "supplies"..

Just as long as there's some whiskey left.. :P

Not in the mood to start raising up the f-ing furniture again. :angry: This time we just sit and let house fall in on us while eating canned food. Lets just start the hurricane party now, no more getting stranded on frwys,etc.

madre fanculo Edoardo...grrrr. :angry2:

I don't worry about the storm, I worry about losing power and having to keep two small children happy for days when it's stinking hot and there's nothing to do but whine. My hurricane supplies included oreos.

You mean like its sort of losing it's Mojo? ala Austin Powers?

but really whats the latest in that mysterious, warm Gulf? :mellow:

I mean ... it's 2:40 p.m. and it hasn't really intensified any. I suppose it could strengthen this afternoon or overnight, but isn't it supposed to make landfall tonight?

I believe we're just in for a lot of rain a tiny bit of wind and a soft landing (not bad things).

I mean ... it's 2:40 p.m. and it hasn't really intensified any. I suppose it could strengthen this afternoon or overnight, but isn't it supposed to make landfall tonight?

I believe we're just in for a lot of rain a tiny bit of wind and a soft landing (not bad things).

I have a feeling you could be right.

If any of you ever have the time to research, be sure to see the story of Camille in 1969. In this case, she came in then went back out to sea, restrenghtened and slammed the hell out of Biloxi and then some. I think it was the 1st time ever that the great Mississippi actually flowed backwards...ever. Just remember as a kid hearing, radio & TV about the horror of it for months. 1969.

NHC has 8am Tuesday for landfall.

Too bad all the meteorologists on HAIF are busy with their real jobs now. Just when we need them most!

I have a feeling you could be right.

If any of you ever have the time to research, be sure to see the story of Camille in 1969. In this case, she came in then went back out to sea, restrenghtened and slammed the hell out of Biloxi and then some. I think it was the 1st time ever that the great Mississippi actually flowed backwards...ever. Just remember as a kid hearing, radio & TV about the horror of it for months. 1969.

I remember Camille. It damaged my elementary school pretty badly and we had to go that year in trailers. I'm pretty sure that the eye actually struck Pass Christian or Long Beach. I still remember the horrors seen afterward. If I remember correctly, it was clocked at 200 mph until the wind guage broke.

Archived