Anything You Want

gwilson

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It is hard not to laugh at this. Not the model falling, but the news reporters who cannot contain themselves... Male humor...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zvGPeU1n_k

Is that a male thing, because I laughed hysterically! The man's laugh was perfect commentary. It made me laugh harder.

I love it when people try to act cool and then end up making a fools of themselves.

Here's another one from a couple of years ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BB3l3fsqITI

Double the funny! However the second fall is by far the funniest.

Whoever thought setting up stores like mazes is a a-hole. I absolutely hate all of them, HEB, Ikea...all they do is piss me off. Just let me go where the hell I want to. I will not go to Central Market ever again. I already said that about Ikea after the first time I went there 8 years ago.

http://news.skyscanner.net/articles/2009/0...om-bristol.html

Orlando and Houston have emerged as the top onward destinations for transatlantic passengers flying from Bristol International Airport.

A number of passengers are connecting to the cities after flying on Continental Airlines' route to New York, with Orlando being the top leisure destination and Houston the most popular business city.

http://news.skyscanner.net/articles/2009/0...om-bristol.html

Orlando and Houston have emerged as the top onward destinations for transatlantic passengers flying from Bristol International Airport.

A number of passengers are connecting to the cities after flying on Continental Airlines' route to New York, with Orlando being the top leisure destination and Houston the most popular business city.

This of course is good news for Houston. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Quick question about identity theft...

Recently I received an email thanking me for a product I purchased - I knew I hadn't, and when I called to cancel/get more information, I found out which credit card was used (and cancelled it), and that they had my correct address, email, and name, but a different social security number, birth date, and past address on file.

Oh, and the funny part about this was that it was an identity-theft prevention service (from something called Lifelock).

Over the next couple of days I have been getting more weird emails/calls:

A company called Pacific Web Works had an order from me (for something scammy called "Yahoo Search Success" or something) with the credit card I had already cancelled, and then I got a bunch of calls from "Google Money Tree" insisting I inquired online about it.

Both of those companies come up with tons of scam complaints when Googled...

And today, I get an email thanking me for my order from a book-of-the-month club (bomc2.com).

I called and cancelled everything, but these folks had my correct email and address.

The only card that has come up in all of this has been long cancelled, and nothing else is going on with any of my other accounts. I also started the 90-day fraud alerts on my credit reports..

Did I just get on a bad database or something??

Use the News function of Google, checking for 'credit card'.

There's been a massive security leak - the machines used to swipe your credit/debit card have been infected with a phishing virus. The exact extent of ID theft is still unknown, but it's massive.

From seattlepi.com

OLYMPIA -- Banks in Washington state are coming to terms with what has been described as one of the biggest credit card data breaches ever.

Heartland Payment Systems Inc. -- the sixth-largest payment processor in the U.S. -- revealed this week that criminals had installed spy software on its computer network.

Heartland, a corporation based in Princeton, N.J., that offers credit card and debit card processing to business locations nationwide, says it doesn't know how much data was stolen, since the malicious program was capturing data as it flowed across the network.

In that type of intrusion, it's difficult to determine how much data is taken, Heartland says. But the potential damage could be very large; Heartland processes 100 million transactions a month, mostly for small- to medium-sized businesses.

Has anyone ever eaten at Luna's Mexican restaurant in Greenspoint (Mall)? It's front is visible from the freeway (I-45) but haven't heard much one way or the other about it. Been wanting to try it, but would like a mini-review beforehand.

*BTW, Greenspoint haters please don't reply ... the area doesn't scare me.

Whoever thought setting up stores like mazes is a a-hole. I absolutely hate all of them, HEB, Ikea...all they do is piss me off. Just let me go where the hell I want to. I will not go to Central Market ever again. I already said that about Ikea after the first time I went there 8 years ago.

For some reason IKEA makes me a bit claustrophobic.

Has anyone ever eaten at Luna's Mexican restaurant in Greenspoint (Mall)? It's front is visible from the freeway (I-45) but haven't heard much one way or the other about it. Been wanting to try it, but would like a mini-review beforehand.

*BTW, Greenspoint haters please don't reply ... the area doesn't scare me.

I don't know, but I can tell you Brown Sugar's BBQ is a no no...

Archived