Anything You Want

gwilson

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I never understood why people think the Who are so good. I don't. I think Guess Who had much better music.

You're kidding me, right?? You need re-education camp, STAT.

OK, so we just watched The Wrestler. Mickey Rourke was robbed. Robbed of an Oscar. Seriously.

You're kidding me, right?? You need re-education camp, STAT.

No really. I find most Who songs annoying or goofy. I don't know that many Guess Who songs but the ones I do know are sweet. Maybe it's just one of those things where I disagree with everyone else. Like Phil Collins. Apparently lots of people like him but I think he's the worst thing to ever happen to humankind.

video:

Low-Flying Plane Causes Scare in Manhattan

A jet flew low over the Hudson River and circled several times, causing some evacuations of office buildings in Lower Manhattan and Jersey City, N.J. A Federal Aviation Administration spokesman said it was part of a "photo op."

http://online.wsj.com/video/low-flying-pla...596881935F.html

Question.

I'm searching for a google image of a certain type of house but don't know what it's called. They sort of look like a donut (but square). Think of the dough as the living space and the hole as an outdoor space; could be a garden or just grass, whatever. And the "hole" normally has a porch lining it also. I should probably know this, but I don't.

6226 Valley Forge 77057.

My family lived here from 5th grade until I graduated high school. No windows facing the street at all. The front door was a huge wooden one that welcomed you to the interior courtyard. The interior courtyard was in a U shape with windows and french doors all the way around it. Lots of light and privacy. One side of the U was formal living/dining/kitchen, one side was a bedroom wing and the other a bedroom/playroom. I really LOVED this house. From the street, it looked rather ugly but it was such a great place on the inside.

6226 Valley Forge 77057.

My family lived here from 5th grade until I graduated high school. No windows facing the street at all. The front door was a huge wooden one that welcomed you to the interior courtyard. The interior courtyard was in a U shape with windows and french doors all the way around it. Lots of light and privacy. One side of the U was formal living/dining/kitchen, one side was a bedroom wing and the other a bedroom/playroom. I really LOVED this house. From the street, it looked rather ugly but it was such a great place on the inside.

pretty cool...is that water I see in the courtyard?

video:

Low-Flying Plane Causes Scare in Manhattan

A jet flew low over the Hudson River and circled several times, causing some evacuations of office buildings in Lower Manhattan and Jersey City, N.J. A Federal Aviation Administration spokesman said it was part of a "photo op."

http://online.wsj.com/video/low-flying-pla...596881935F.html

they did all that for this?

flyover.jpg

http://wcbstv.com/local/air.force.one.2.1004904.html

He's been light on posting. He posted about a week ago. It would be nice to see him at the HAIFy hour (t-shirt and all).

huh...search says a month ago. Maybe he went all :ph34r: on HAIF. Or went schizo HAIF and made another login just to mess with everyone. Or he just has better things to do.

city-data has a policy I don't like.

I created a thread asking if anyone knew of a forum that is Detroit based, about Detroit. A mod emailed me saying it's not allowed to request links for other forums and it was deleted.

Is this typical of most forums? I just looked over HAIFs and didn't see anything about that in the policy. I don't really see what the big deal is.

I have no idea. Remember last week, I questioned you on me linking skyscraperpage to here for the Perennial topic. I don't know what my concern was based on, I was just unsure if it was ok. Maybe someone with better knowledge will pipe in.

city-data has a policy I don't like.

I created a thread asking if anyone knew of a forum that is Detroit based, about Detroit. A mod emailed me saying it's not allowed to request links for other forums and it was deleted.

I don't know about the HAIF policy, but you should never go to inferior forums for such answers. ^_^

http://www.detroityes.com/

I have no idea. Remember last week, I questioned you on me linking skyscraperpage to here for the Perennial topic. I don't know what my concern was based on, I was just unsure if it was ok. Maybe someone with better knowledge will pipe in.

Yeah, I could understand your concern, but in the end, I can't figure out why it's such a big deal. I guess they don't like competiton and don't want their audience to leave.

I don't know about the HAIF policy, but you should never go to inferior forums for such answers. ^_^

http://www.detroityes.com/

perfect, looks like an active place. Thanks!

I happy to announce that my local convenience store (Pak's) has ranked #1 in Houston with the Houston Press.

They really crank up the weird tunes, but I've never seen anybody bust out dancing, until now...

:lol:

What happened to memebag?

I quit posting. Editor considers me an "internet elitist asshat". I tried to discuss it with him and resolve it like grownups, but he continued to single out my posts and edit them. He was just changing my words without any indication that he'd done so. I love this place, but I can't tolerate being picked on by the owner.

I'll miss you. Bye.

I quit posting. Editor considers me an "internet elitist asshat". I tried to discuss it with him and resolve it like grownups, but he continued to single out my posts and edit them. He was just changing my words without any indication that he'd done so. I love this place, but I can't tolerate being picked on by the owner.

I'll miss you. Bye.

Very sorry to hear that. The forum has been overrun by humorless pricks who can neither debate nor take a joke. While I haven't been edited, I might as well be, as the number of intelligent debaters who don't take everything personally has dropped to nearly zero. We'll sorely miss your elitist asshattedness.

I'll miss you. Bye.

at least you wont' have to worry about your yard anymore. good luck meme.

I'll miss you. Bye.

This sucks. You were my kind of asshat.

I'll miss you.

I'll miss you. Bye.

"Elitist?"

I'll miss your wit. Be well.

EDIT: Do you get a refund on the subscription?

6226 Valley Forge 77057.

That's where the DuPauls lived when I was a kid.

I'll miss you. Bye.

I'll tell you what I told him about people like us: Conflict + Drama --> Ratings --> $$$

If everybody in the world got along then the world would be fairly uninteresting. Editor (the media mogul that he is) would be a lot poorer. And I'd be a lot more bored, and probably more productive.

EDIT: IronTiger, great website!

That's where the DuPauls lived when I was a kid.

Small world, eh? I LOVED that house. A great place to grow up.

Lockmat, yes, that is water. There was a pool in the enclosed interior courtyard. Very private setting.

Meme- Damn, I am going to miss you and your posts. You bring an interesting and intelligent perspective to the forum. Of course, it also helps that I almost always agree with you!

I'll tell you what I told him about people like us: Conflict + Drama --> Ratings --> $$$

If everybody in the world got along then the world would be fairly uninteresting. Editor (the media mogul that he is) would be a lot poorer. And I'd be a lot more bored, and probably more productive.

EDIT: IronTiger, great website!

Next on The HAIF things get interesting! RedScare and The Niche compete for posts, the secret relationship between two well-known HAIFers, NenaE's true love leaves her, a bad cold lands BryanS in the hospital, and Memebag is leaving?!

(that was a joke, Nena, Red, Bryan, and Niche...please don't get offended)

Archived