Anything You Want

gwilson

Need a suggestion for inner loop restaurant - good for a "date", but not all dark and dim, a fun place. Not Dave and Buster's type fun, just lively. We both enjoy people-watching. Moderate to low cost, nothing fancy. We're not picky either.

Empire Cafe?

Brasil?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone taken the Nitric Oxide capsules that were recently advertised on HAIF, or does anyone know about it? I got a free two-week supply, but haven't starting taking them yet. When I do start, I'll expect to be buff and brawny when my supply runs out.

Need a suggestion for inner loop restaurant - good for a "date", but not all dark and dim, a fun place. Not Dave and Buster's type fun, just lively. We both enjoy people-watching. Moderate to low cost, nothing fancy. We're not picky either.

One of the things that popped into my mind was one of The Galleria's many restaurants and eateries. The Daily Grill is probably too dark, La Madeliene is too chain-y, and a close seat to the concourse allows many opprotunities for people-watching. The only problem is The Galleria is technically not in the inner loop, but not that much. :unsure:

I was working outside most of the day yesterday. Argh.

I've been working construction indoors for most of the last couple months, but the air conditioning doesn't work and it doesn't matter anyways because the fumes of various chemicals are hazardous, so the doors and windows are all open. During this span of time, I've also been living in a house built in the late teens with only one window-shaker unit, and not in the room in which I sleep...again, windows are open. I moved out only recently into an air-conditioned environment, which has prompted massive nosebleeds on account of the much drier air (and I haven't had problems with nosebleeds since elementary school).

Having experienced the hottest Houston summer since 1981 in its fullest effect, I've come to appreciate why my grandfather always felt it necessary to max out the A/C in his truck any time we traveled anywhere. I've realized that there are diminishing perceived effects of a fan relative to its RPM and blade size; at a certain point, hot air is just hot air, and it doesn't matter whether its moving. I've realized that an afternoon or evening shower means that my nylon cot (and anything on it, including me) will be sticky by 3AM (or muddy, depending on how many days its been since I've showered, on account of that there is no shower). On that note, I truely understand why rainy days were at one time equated with unhappiness or depression...and this is coming from the perspective of someone who lived in a place so dry that if it rained, school teachers would oftentimes take their classes into the portico to watch it rain.

In short, I now believe myself to be more Houstonian than just about any other poser Houstonian out there. I feel a little bit Karankawa, even, albeit lacking in the alligator fat department. Consequently, I'm all bit up by mosquitoes. You all don't suppose I could substitute lard from the local La Michoacana meat market, do you?

EDIT: Goddamn...to think that this time last year I was traveling cross-country in a corporate jet, imbibing limitless quantities of really good (corporate) scotch whisky in the process. Shit.

I've been working construction indoors for most of the last couple months, but the air conditioning doesn't work and it doesn't matter anyways because the fumes of various chemicals are hazardous, so the doors and windows are all open. During this span of time, I've also been living in a house built in the late teens with only one window-shaker unit, and not in the room in which I sleep...again, windows are open. I moved out only recently into an air-conditioned environment, which has prompted massive nosebleeds on account of the much drier air (and I haven't had problems with nosebleeds since elementary school).

Having experienced the hottest Houston summer since 1981 in its fullest effect, I've come to appreciate why my grandfather always felt it necessary to max out the A/C in his truck any time we traveled anywhere. I've realized that there are diminishing perceived effects of a fan relative to its RPM and blade size; at a certain point, hot air is just hot air, and it doesn't matter whether its moving. I've realized that an afternoon or evening shower means that my nylon cot (and anything on it, including me) will be sticky by 3AM (or muddy, depending on how many days its been since I've showered, on account of that there is no shower). On that note, I truely understand why rainy days were at one time equated with unhappiness or depression...and this is coming from the perspective of someone who lived in a place so dry that if it rained, school teachers would oftentimes take their classes into the portico to watch it rain.

In short, I now believe myself to be more Houstonian than just about any other poser Houstonian out there. I feel a little bit Karankawa, even, albeit lacking in the alligator fat department. Consequently, I'm all bit up by mosquitoes. You all don't suppose I could substitute lard from the local La Michoacana meat market, do you?

EDIT: Goddamn...to think that this time last year I was traveling cross-country in a corporate jet, imbibing limitless quantities of really good (corporate) scotch whisky in the process. Shit.

Interesting. I wouldn't go so far as to use lard from the local Michoacana. I'd rather use Off. Mostly works.

blah I blah LOVE blah facebook....

EDIT.. wo oops.. i did not come on to this thread and it not look like the most recent posts were about facebook... i didn't realize there were several pages beyond that...... so um.. nevermind.

uh... what?

uh... what?

When I visited this thread, everyone was talking about facebook.. so i chimed in.

I didn't realize that the page I was reading wasn't the latest and current... I hadn't been in this thread in so long, lord knows how many pages back I was.

Then upon realizing my mistake, since I couldnt delete the post, and had nothing insightful to contribute to whatever the current topic was... I spewed forth many "blahs" just to confuse someone like you.

Archived