Embassy Suites By Hilton Houston Downtown At 1515 Dallas St.

ricco67

Embsuites.jpg

If the rendering is still identical to this, than yeah, it looks like there is a garage on the right side that could have a pool on top. Man it would be cool if it was up on the 22nd floor though.

Edited by Jax

Simply is hilarious how some actually loose sleep over a simple suggestion to the skyline. I just love.

Yeppers, and here is the emiticon and the annoying short cut words that bother some of the usual Haif grouches. :lol: lol

Lets just be glad we are getting some new additions to the skyline. Remember none of you OWN the city so go with the flow unless you are willing to contribute several million $$$ to the developer to "make it your way". :lol: lol

So this was completely coincidental, but I managed to get these quick snapshots while walking around DT at around 11:30 this morning.

I don't know who the reporter is but the man is Nick Massad who is the president of American Liberty Hospitality, the developer of the project. The rendering doesn't look to have been updated, so take that for whatever it's worth.

Just happened to be walking by? Dude, you're the Michal Jordan of this type of stuff. Thanks

I sure do like that non-flat topper.

I mentioned earlier that the offset might also be the meeting space written about in the article.

Yeah, I think it's good at not being extreme. Not a spire but not completely flat either. I like that.

Just happened to be walking by? Dude, you're the Michal Jordan of this type of stuff. Thanks

It was a heinous amount of luck that I parked along La Branch in front of the lot when I did. Originally, I only intended to get some photos of the OPP construction.

BTW, it was apparently someone from KHOU who was putting together the report since they just teased it for their 6PM Newscast.

For reference, here's a rendering of the area from the Discovery Tower thread, which includes a rendering of Embassy Suites.

aerial_northcam.jpg

The whole Discovery Green thing has been such a success... a few years ago it was just a bunch of lots not we have a beautiful park, a new apartment high rise, an office tower going up, and now another hotel about to go up... awsome! B)

I dont know if this has already been posted but whatever, here ya go anyways.

From the Nashville Business Journal

November 24, 2008

Houston Embassy Suites Hotel set to break ground in March

Houston Business Journal - by Jennifer Dawson Reporter

American Liberty Hospitality Inc. plans to break ground in March on a 262-room Embassy Suites Hotel in downtown Houston after securing construction financing.

Amegy Bank and two other lenders in Texas provided more than $30 million in construction financing for the 19-story hotel at a time when bank funding is very difficult to come by.

Houston-based American Liberty Hospitality, which has been working on the project for two years, will build the full-service hotel at 1515 Dallas Ave. at LaBranch. The property is expected to open in fall 2010.

The hotel site is located near the George R. Brown Convention Center, Hilton Americas-Houston and Discovery Green park. The proposed hotel's proximity to the convention center garnered tax breaks for the developer.

The City of Houston has an ordinance in place that gives back 50 percent to 100 percent of Houston's portion of the hotel's occupancy tax on an annual basis over seven years. The ordinance is designed to encourage the building of hotels within walking distance of the George R. Brown.

Nick Massad, president of American Liberty Hospitality, says the project will help attract more convention business to Houston.

The new all-suite hotel will have 6,000 square feet of meeting space, a rooftop swimming pool, restaurant and a street-level caf

Edited by photolitherland

November 24, 2008

-----------------------

19 stories! what da hell!

Yup, it's been posted, heard, and discussed already, without all the direct copy and paste issues from the Houston Chronicle. :D

November 24, 2008

American Liberty Hospitality Inc. plans to break ground in March on a 262-room Embassy Suites Hotel in downtown Houston after securing construction financing.

Amegy Bank and two other lenders in Texas provided more than $30 million in construction financing for the 19-story hotel at a time when bank funding is very difficult to come by.

Houston-based American Liberty Hospitality, which has been working on the project for two years, will build the full-service hotel at 1515 Dallas Ave. at LaBranch. The property is expected to open in fall 2010.

The hotel site is located near the George R. Brown Convention Center, Hilton Americas-Houston and Discovery Green park. The proposed hotel's proximity to the convention center garnered tax breaks for the developer.

The City of Houston has an ordinance in place that gives back 50 percent to 100 percent of Houston's portion of the hotel's occupancy tax on an annual basis over seven years. The ordinance is designed to encourage the building of hotels within walking distance of the George R. Brown.

Nick Massad, president of American Liberty Hospitality, says the project will help attract more convention business to Houston.

The new all-suite hotel will have 6,000 square feet of meeting space, a rooftop swimming pool, restaurant and a street-level caf

For reference, here's a rendering of the area from the Discovery Tower thread, which includes a rendering of Embassy Suites.

aerial_northcam.jpg

I can't help but notice ONE thing this rendering: What appears to be a second Convention Center Hotel (w/attached skybridge to GRB)

To be honest, I think this is a leak on that second Convention Center Hotel. We know the city has a desire to see this project through. And its kind of hard to dismiss how much detail was put into this building on this rendering, especially when you consider the rendering also coreectly depicts renderings for the other under-construction projects. I would have dismissed it if Gensler had depicted as a darkened opaque box like some of the other buildings. But the fact that they have illustrated so much detail on that second Convention Hotel leads me to believe this is a leak of a project we dont know much about......yet!

Discuss.

I can't help but notice ONE thing this rendering: What appears to be a second Convention Center Hotel (w/attached skybridge to GRB)

To be honest, I think this is a leak on that second Convention Center Hotel. We know the city has a desire to see this project through. And its kind of hard to dismiss how much detail was put into this building on this rendering, especially when you consider the rendering also coreectly depicts renderings for the other under-construction projects. I would have dismissed it if Gensler had depicted as a darkened opaque box like some of the other buildings. But the fact that they have illustrated so much detail on that second Convention Hotel leads me to believe this is a leak of a project we dont know much about......yet!

Discuss.

I wouldn't be surprised... especially b/c of, like you said, the detail put into it. I know the city would like a second convention center hotel and with the way things are going I wouldn't be surprised if it happens... it may get delayed a bit b/c of the recession... I guess only time will tell.

I wouldn't be surprised... especially b/c of, like you said, the detail put into it. I know the city would like a second convention center hotel and with the way things are going I wouldn't be surprised if it happens... it may get delayed a bit b/c of the recession... I guess only time will tell.

I agree about the recession part. I just cant picture the city going after another Convention Center given the economic circumstances and just how much trouble it took to get Hilton Americas built. But still none the less, its surprising to see it rendered with so much detailed information, which is a dead give away that something is definitley up. And it is Houston, I wouldnt be surprised if city officials were actually still pursuing the project inspite of the recession. All I gotta say is if the city can pull off construction of another multi-million dollar Convention Center, then surely the city and county can pull together to get the Dynamo stadium done across 59 from the DG/GRB campus.

And let me be the first to say...if this is a leak hinting at the design for a second Convention Center Hotel, that's one UGLY ASS design which should compliment a bland designed GRB and the equally ugly Hilton Americas PERFECTLY. Who the hell is designing these things?

I agree about the recession part. I just cant picture the city going after another Convention Center given the economic circumstances and just how much trouble it took to get Hilton Americas built. But still none the less, its surprising to see it rendered with so much detailed information, which is a dead give away that something is definitley up. And it is Houston, I wouldnt be surprised if city officials were actually still pursuing the project inspite of the recession. All I gotta say is if the city can pull off construction of another multi-million dollar Convention Center, then surely the city and county can pull together to get the Dynamo stadium done across 59 from the DG/GRB campus.

And let me be the first to say...if this is a leak hinting at the design for a second Convention Center Hotel, that's one UGLY ASS design which should compliment a bland designed GRB and the equally ugly Hilton Americas PERFECTLY. Who the hell is designing these things?

I would be pretty weird. Now that downtown's shopping venues have moved from "life support" to "critical condition", I'm hoping that we're in the running for a W hotel. It would be be perfect there b/c it's right by the park, and in between the two... hopefully three major sports venues.

I would be pretty weird. Now that downtown's shopping venues have moved from "life support" to "critical condition", I'm hoping that we're in the running for a W hotel. It would be be perfect there b/c it's right by the park, and in between the two... hopefully three major sports venues.

It would be great to get a W downtown, but it will not be at this convention center site. W does not do large "convention center hotels". This is planned to be a large hotel on the scale of the Hilton Americas (in the range of 1000-1500 rooms). Think Marriott, Grand Hyatt, Sheraton or Westin.