Coca Cola Plant At 2800 Bissonnet St.

longcat

The hard copy paper version mentioned specifically that they anticipated the Bissonnet location would get redeveloped and cited its proximity to West U, but without zoning since it's in Houston

"Coca-Cola Southwest Beverages plans to close its two existing plants, one off Bissonnet and the other off Gulfgate, after moving its production and distribution operations to Pinto Business Park."

https://www.chron.com/business/real-estate/article/Coca-Cola-to-build-1M-square-foot-bottling-plant-12955383.php

• Like 2

• 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • The title was changed to Coca Cola Plant on Bissonnet Closing
  • 1 month later...

New Coca-Cola property owners seek mixed-use development, but West U considers bid for detention

https://communityimpact.com/houston/bellaire-meyerland-west-university/development/2019/12/17/new-coca-cola-property-owners-seek-mixed-use-development-but-west-u-considers-bid-for-detention/

A broker is looking for potential mixed-use partners to take a portion or all of the former Coca-Cola Bottling Co. facility on Bissonnet, but West University Place is also considering making an offer.

The city is evaluating whether the site, around 15 acres at 2800 Bissonnet St., could serve as an effective site for stormwater detention, City Manager David Beach said. The city already owns adjacent parcels for its water tower and for vehicle storage. A flood mitigation study previously recommended the city acquire as much as 170 acre-feet of detention. An acre-foot is the amount of water stored in a site that is 1 foot deep and 1 acre across.

"This site is among few sites of this size currently on the market, in this submarket on the fringe of West University Place," Cari Hensley, a spokesperson with CBRE, the brokerage representing the property, said in a statement. "The new ownership is interested in subdividing the site to create a mixed use development."

The land comprises two parcels, one of 13.9 acres and another of 1.6 acres. The Harris County Appraisal District valued the properties at more than $55 million combined.

Bellafontaine Stella Link Ltd. acquired the properties in May and leased them back to Coca-Cola Southwest Beverages through April 2020. CBRE was brought on in August 2018 to facilitate the original sale.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Major Development Brewing on Old Coke Site Near West University Place

https://realtynewsreport.com/2020/01/27/major-development-brewing-on-old-coke-site-near-west-university-place/

HOUSTON – (Realty News Report) – Houston developers Frank Lui and Ronny Hecht have joined forces to acquire the 14-acre Coca-Cola facility on Bissonnet St., which is considered one of the most potent infill tracts in the Inner Loop.

The site is just outside the city limits of the affluent West University Place. And it’s a mile from Greenway Plaza. Between Kirby Drive and Buffalo Speedway. The site is bordered by Westpark on the north and Bissonnet on the south. Specifically, it’s at the northwest corner of Bissonnet and Wakeforest.

Lui is the owner of Lovett Homes and is the one of the most prolific townhome developers in Texas. Lui also controls Lovett Commercial and is redeveloping the old downtown Post Office into mixed-use.

Hecht has been involved in multifamily development and has frequently partnered with developer Avi Ron in a number of ventures.

• Like 3

On 1/27/2020 at 2:02 PM, Fortune said:

Frank Lui and major development do not go together. . .

Amazing how they managed to spell his name wrong every time (it's Liu, not Lui).  I guess we'll have to see how POST Houston turns out, which could potentially be a major development (even though I realize it's been cut back a bit from the original design), but if he does a good job with that, maybe we can have better hopes for the Coca-Cola facility.

• 3 months later...
  • The title was changed to Coca Cola Plant On Bissonnet Closing
  • 1 year later...
11 hours ago, Highrise Tower said:

Back when Coca Cola purchased the 10-acre tract of land in 1945 it made the local news headlines.

Southwestern Times, Volume 1, Number 38. Dated June 14, 1945.

The tract was purchased from Dave T. Austin and W. D. Haden for $35,000.

X8wQnoG.png

77 years ago it was $35,000?!?! Isn't that a little low even for 77 years ago? Was Houston that cheap back then?

2 hours ago, iah77 said:

I mean this was pretty far out from the center 77 years ago.

Not exactly middle of nowhere, though. This is 1944. Property outlined in red, at least the part that's not East of Wakeforest.

image.png.caeca8a3b3a92d510de8c2fe979c524d.png

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Coca Cola Plant At 2800 Bissonnet St.
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hard to believe, a 15-acre tract, in the middle of West University, has been on the market for 5 years.

This is prime, mixed-use development redevelopment in a high profile part of town.  I wonder if West University also has height restricts like Bellaire? I believe in the City of Belliare you cannot build over 3 or 4 stories?

My plan, easier said then done.

- Boutique office building mid-rise.

- Multifamily apartments.

- Retail buildings.

- Green space such as a park, or plaza.

As usual, does Hines or Hanover have a West University building? How about Hanover West University? :ph34r:

14 hours ago, Highrise Tower said:

Hard to believe, a 15-acre tract, in the middle of West University, has been on the market for 5 years.

This is prime, mixed-use development redevelopment in a high profile part of town.  I wonder if West University also has height restricts like Bellaire? I believe in the City of Belliare you cannot build over 3 or 4 stories?

My plan, easier said then done.

- Boutique office building mid-rise.

- Multifamily apartments.

- Retail buildings.

- Green space such as a park, or plaza.

As usual, does Hines or Hanover have a West University building? How about Hanover West University? :ph34r:

Google maps shows Bissonnet as West University's northern border so height shouldn't be an issue.  Could it be the asking price is prohibitive?

• Thanks 1