Man Found Dead In Champions Apartment

rps324

Yes it is and we residents are sick of it. After the close of my next business deal, i will be free to focus some very negative attention at that place. It has been in a steady decline for a while now and its time for a change!

If there are any Harris County Sheriffs Deputies reading this board, i would again like to say thanks for your increased presence. We greatly appreciate it ;););)

I used to stay in the apartments behind Willowbrook Mall and I loved it back there....it was hidden so hardly anyone knew about it and you never had to worry about traffic going through the area after the mall closed.

1960 has streets that can literally almost bring you to Greenspoint and 610 without hitting the Freeway...combine that with the bus route and apartment developers who are greedy to fill every available unit problems will occur.

When I was apartment hunting..I carefilly looked for anything that could turn the tide of the complex.

1960 is experiencing the same thing now families in SW went through in the 80s...change in demographics thanks to improved access points and extended buslines.

It's similar to what I grew up with so I'm not the least worried about it...

1960 is blessed with home owners that are willing to step up and run theapartments out of here. I assure you i will focus some very negative attention at this complex when i have free time to do so. Hurricane Katrina is the reason this particular complex is still alive today.

1960 is blessed with home owners that are willing to step up and run theapartments out of here. I assure you i will focus some very negative attention at this complex when i have free time to do so. Hurricane Katrina is the reason this particular complex is still alive today.

How exactly are they going to "run them out?" I don't think that is very realistic. Don't get me wrong, I am very empathetic, especially with what we have to deal with down in Glenbrook Valley. But the owners of these complexes, especially the more problematic ones, don't care what the people in the subdivisions think about them. I don't know what you would be able to accomplish through county government. As for negative attention, they are already in the papers for having a dead body laying around, what have you got to top that?

How exactly are they going to "run them out?" I don't think that is very realistic. Don't get me wrong, I am very empathetic, especially with what we have to deal with down in Glenbrook Valley. But the owners of these complexes, especially the more problematic ones, don't care what the people in the subdivisions think about them. I don't know what you would be able to accomplish through county government. As for negative attention, they are already in the papers for having a dead body laying around, what have you got to top that?

Never under estimate a driven and focussed individual. Especially one with many resources. I havent had the time to concentrate solely on them but the time is coming. Im not in the habit of doing anything half assed ;) Print it!

Never under estimate a driven and focussed individual. Especially one with many resources. I havent had the time to concentrate solely on them but the time is coming. Im not in the habit of doing anything half assed ;) Print it!

Best of luck. I don't know what resources you think you would have that would do anything about it. About the only success story I have ever seen of people running out apartments was over in Braeswood where the residents grouped together and purchased the apartments and tore them down for a community center. Short of buying them out, you are pretty much out of luck.

Best of luck. I don't know what resources you think you would have that would do anything about it. About the only success story I have ever seen of people running out apartments was over in Braeswood where the residents grouped together and purchased the apartments and tore them down for a community center. Short of buying them out, you are pretty much out of luck.

This isnt the Heights or some other community in Houston that have a collection of loose idiots. The people that reside here are people which hold positions of power in many places. It isnt hit or miss as it is in other areas of Houston, its assured. Given the right leader or leaders to pool that talent and resources, things can and will change. Print it!!

Eckels lives over in Woods of Wimbledon. I was hoping he would do something about this. I emailed him and he replied that they were very concerned about these developments. Perhaps he may get more done as a lobbyist, though I'm not so sure.

I think the answer lies in incorporation. If The Woodlands can incorporate, then FM 1960 and NW Houston should be allowed to as well. Houston has already gotten what it wants from the area anyhow, having limited annexation of most of the retail already. I've talked one of the Cypress Creek Flood Control authority leaders who said the 160 plus area MUDs prove to be too daunting a task for Houston to want to try and consolidate and Houston would never attempt a full annexation. So they've gotten what they wanted from us...let us incorporate so we can govern our community.

I look forward to the day when you "focus some very negative attention at this complex when i have free time to do so."

This isnt the Heights or some other community in Houston that have a collection of loose idiots. The people that reside here are people which hold positions of power in many places. It isnt hit or miss as it is in other areas of Houston, its assured. Given the right leader or leaders to pool that talent and resources, things can and will change. Print it!!

um...okay, you just let us know how that turns out....

Fondren SW contained those same sorts of leaders but as you can see they've pretty much failed so those leaders tucked and ran to Sugar Land...

those "leaders" are the same ones who take these under the table deals and allow these things to happen

Fondren SW contained those same sorts of leaders but as you can see they've pretty much failed so those leaders tucked and ran to Sugar Land...

those "leaders" are the same ones who take these under the table deals and allow these things to happen

Really? I dont know much about Fondren SW.

Here is a snap shot-----the owners of these complexes are not always local. That gives said owners a feeling of assurance.

I travel out of the country with work. That travel takes place on airplanes. The airlines have frequent flier programs in which one such as myself can have free travel awards. The mileage awards are many. That said.........

It is one thing for the owners of these complexes to recieve letters and phone calls of complaints. Something completely different to have my big ass show up there in person and unannounced. > :) > :) Once i lend my support to something, it is complete and absolute. I see it as a battle and i go into battle with the singular purpose of winning. My wrist is not limp.

The only obstacle i can see to this is the wife. She loves my old belligerent ass and wants me to be around, more often, and free from any non-necessary distractions ;)

As far as the money thing and under the table deals you speak of.... :lol::lol::lol:

Fondren SW had the same problem as Sharpstown - It got a bunch of apartments and is no longer suburban in character. The apartments soured after the oil bust.

Really? I dont know much about Fondren SW.

Here is a snap shot-----the owners of these complexes are not always local. That gives said owners a feeling of assurance.

I travel out of the country with work. That travel takes place on airplanes. The airlines have frequent flier programs in which one such as myself can have free travel awards. The mileage awards are many. That said.........

It is one thing for the owners of these complexes to recieve letters and phone calls of complaints. Something completely different to have my big ass show up there in person and unannounced. > :) > :) Once i lend my support to something, it is complete and absolute. I see it as a battle and i go into battle with the singular purpose of winning. My wrist is not limp.

The only obstacle i can see to this is the wife. She loves my old belligerent ass and wants me to be around, more often, and free from any non-necessary distractions ;)

As far as the money thing and under the table deals you speak of.... :lol::lol::lol:

Still have the shovel in hand eh?

:lol::lol::lol:

I joined HAIF in order to rectify an ordinance violation in my neighborhood. I succeded and decided to remain a memeber of an association that was like-minded in purpose if not nessasarily in ideology. You have failed to meet either criteria. While your attacks and threats have been ignored by the editor, they have not gone un-noticed by many of our members.

What happened and how did HAIF help?

Not to get off topic, because I really love reading 1stWord's internet chest pounding, but here is nmainguy's first thread. An architect friend told me later that the resident called him to ask if the City really could make him move the wall. They could...and did.

http://www.houstonarchitecture.info/haif/i...?showtopic=2986

I joined HAIF in order to rectify an ordinance violation in my neighborhood. I succeded and decided to remain a memeber of an association that was like-minded in purpose if not nessasarily in ideology. You have failed to meet either criteria. While your attacks and threats have been ignored by the editor, they have not gone un-noticed by many of our members.

:lol::lol::lol:

Not to get off topic, because I really love reading 1stWord's internet chest pounding, but here is nmainguy's first thread. An architect friend told me later that the resident called him to ask if the City really could make him move the wall. They could...and did.

Great read. Thanks for jumping off the tracks to post this! B)

What is it with you people? You made your stand and promised to ignore me. You made a grand appeal to all freaks and degerates to do the same. To date none of you have held true, what a shame :(

• The title was changed to Man Found Dead In Champions Apartment

Archived