M-Bar At 402 Main St.

tigereye

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoa! I hope Market Street Grill doesn't leave, I need their Philly Cheese Steak to stay sane.

it looks like they are closing at the end of the month. :(

EDIT: he is exploring the old dancing marlin. i just hope the owners of that offer reasonable rent. most of the owners downtown are still demanding too much which is ridiculous

Edited by musicman

EDIT: he is exploring the old dancing marlin. i just hope the owners of that offer reasonable rent. most of the owners downtown are still demanding too much which is ridiculous

I agree completely. Of course, you'd think the market would dictate the price, especially since a significant number of businesses have either closed or move from that part of downtown, but greed/arrogance is often blinding.

I am really sad to see that place go. Where is the old Dancing Marlin.

Also, the end of Jan. or Feb.?

I am really sad to see that place go. Where is the old Dancing Marlin.

Also, the end of Jan. or Feb.?

it is on the same block but on main street side (main@congress). st. pete's dancing marlin. they vacated in 2nd half of 2007.

i believe the end of january will be it.

it is on the same block but on main street side (main@congress). st. pete's dancing marlin. they vacated in 2nd half of 2007.

i believe the end of january will be it.

Two points: I didn't realize Dancing Marling closed. That surprises me.

Second, I just ate at Market Street today, and, for what it

• 3 months later...
The former Wasabi is a good location. Hopefully they can make it work if not the former St. Pete's site.

I forgot to post this a couple of weeks ago. We ran into Kent (owner of market Square grill) and asked him the status of the move. He just smiled and said "we're staying". Good, another kobe burger please.

• 1 year later...

Hate to BUMP and old thread but, I figured it was better to put it in here, then anywhere else

Today as I was talking my usual lunch hour stroll through Downtown, I noticed the old State Bank building at 420 Main (NOT the Byrd Building) is under construction/renovation. Scaffolding now surrounds the entire building on both Main and Preston sides. Carol Kenny, whom handles leasing didint give any details as to what's going on. But I do know they have been trying (unsuccessfully) to lease the space for a while now.

Anyone know whats going on?!?

post-709-12591087356497_thumb.jpg

Hate to BUMP and old thread but, I figured it was better to put it in here, then anywhere else

Today as I was talking my usual lunch hour stroll through Downtown, I noticed the old State Bank building at 420 Main (NOT the Byrd Building) is under construction/renovation. Scaffolding now surrounds the entire building on both Main and Preston sides. Carol Kenny, whom handles leasing didint give any details as to what's going on. But I do know they have been trying (unsuccessfully) to lease the space for a while now.

Anyone know whats going on?!?

A grocery store:

http://houston.bizjournals.com/houston/stories/2009/10/12/story5.html

• The title was changed to And Now For What Will Replace M-Bar Downtown
  • The title was changed to M-Bar At 402 Main St.