Shadow Creek Crossing Developments

joelpond10

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chamo can you find anything on Shadowcreek Square? This is the development underway at Broadway and Kirby. I cant' find anyting on it.

I'm curious too..... They changed the name from Kirby Commons to SC Village/SC Square, but have not seen any details on the development.

They finished the roads they were building there, but there is no signs of any additional construction. Will keep my eyes open.

From 2008:

CONSIDERATION & POSSIBLE ACTION

I'm curious too..... They changed the name from Kirby Commons to SC Village/SC Square, but have not seen any details on the development.

They finished the roads they were building there, but there is no signs of any additional construction. Will keep my eyes open.

From 2008:

CONSIDERATION & POSSIBLE ACTION

I was just wondering what popular stores are we missing in pearland (west).......here are what i can think of :

Electronics

Frys

Conns

Kids

Toysrus/Babiesrus

Entertainment Centers like ChucknCheese

Home

GardenRidge

WholeFoods

Lowes

Furniture stores (we have only one furniture store)

Sams/Costco

ContainerStore

Big Hospitals with all facilities

hmm what else? any idea if any of these stores are planned in pearland?

I was just wondering what popular stores are we missing in pearland (west).......here are what i can think of :

Electronics

Frys

Conns

Kids

Toysrus/Babiesrus

Entertainment Centers like ChucknCheese

Home

GardenRidge

WholeFoods

Lowes

Furniture stores (we have only one furniture store)

Sams/Costco

ContainerStore

Big Hospitals with all facilities

hmm what else? any idea if any of these stores are planned in pearland?

I want a car wash! :(

I know, I know, quit whining.... :lol:

I tell you what Pearland is missing ... a Spec's.

You'd need to change some laws first! :P Anyway, just drive up Pearland Parkway to the Sam Houston Tollway. There is a new specs right there at that new art-deco strip mall. It's about 100 feet north of the Pearland city limits, but for all practical purposes it is Pearland.

• 4 months later...

• 2 months later...

Looking at the preliminary plan for the 40 acre site, there will be a Lowes, Office Max, Fingers furniture and other outparcel types. The CBL project and this project will share opposite ends of business center drive from Broadway to CR59. Hopefully, I upload the document that they shared with me ( I am sure it will change some during the planning process).

Other information you may find useful is that MUD 34 has approved them to be annexed into their system to receive financing for the infrastructure and they expect City approval in the next 60 days. This will extend the water and sewer pipe from the CBL termination point to their site...which will also feed the rest of the area along it.

BTW. I own the 10 acre parcel on their north border and will hopefully be able to share my own project with you soon.

Best regards,

George

any update on this? Is this Project(Lowes/Officmax etc) dead?

• 1 month later...

http://www.ultimatep...d-pearland-area

Officials see hopeful signs in local housing market

March 5, 2010 1:26 pm

Robert Stanton wrote:While home sales in the Pearland area are down about 7 percent since 2008, the median home price in the area has risen, according to February figures from the Houston Association of Realtors.

“It’s been a flat market,” said Danny Frank, an agent with Keller Williams Realty. “The rest of the country is losing (home) value, but we had a slight increase. We haven’t gone down in value.”

Home sales in the South showed an annual increase of 8 percent in January as buyers grabbed hold of federal tax credits and affordable prices. However, sales plummeted 35 percent from December, a sign that the housing market's recovery may be on shaky ground, according to the Associated Press.

The median sales price of previously owned homes was $140,200, a decrease of 2 percent from January last year, the National Association of Realtors reported Feb. 26.

In the Pearland-Manvel-Friendswood area, the median home price was $214,636 in February, showing a $470 gain since two years ago, according to HAR.

But fewer local homes are on the market than two years ago. In February 2008, 1,680 homes were for sale; in February 2010, the number dropped to 1,424.

The reduction has slowed the economic rebound in the area, Frank said.

“That affects everybody, from Home Depot to the insurance guy to the painter and landscape guy,” he said. “If we didn’t sell more houses, it will affect everyone.”

The real estate market in Pearland-Alvin-Manvel is in better health than that of Las Vegas, Miami or Phoenix, Ariz., which are down from 40 percent to 50 percent from two years ago.

The good news, Frank said, is that the percentage of homes under contract – those with contracts pending – is 17 percent higher than two years ago.

“That tells me that we’ve hit rock bottom and we’ve started to work our way back up,” Frank said. “People are starting to feel comfortable again and they’re starting to go out and shop again for homes. The first-time homeowner’s tax credit is a big help.”

Alan Mueller, chairman of the Pearland Chamber of Commerce's board of directors, agreed.

“From the perspective of the Pearland Chamber of Commerce we are encouraged to see the latest home sales results,” Mueller said in an e-mail. “Even though housing sales have been unsteady, it is an extremely positive sign that median home prices have continued to rise even during the difficulties of the past two years.

“This is an indication that there is still a demand for housing, which drives down vacancy rates, and reduces the problems that stem from excess vacancies, such as foreclosures, unoccupied units, and vandalism,” Mueller said. “Increased occupancies lead to a more vibrant local economy through enhanced demand for services and retail, which has tremendous positive ripple effects for Pearland businesses, local governments and the spirit of the community.”

http://www.ultimatep...lights-district

New EDC leader talks about The Spectrum

Click the above link for the entire article

Q: The Spectrum: How is it coming along?

A: The comprehensive plan that is being developed for The Spectrum is progressing well. A major challenge in The Spectrum is getting the large number of individual land owners to agree on a vision for the district. With so many involved, it is a tough feat, but one we know can come to fruition.

The overall goal for The Spectrum is to create a unified identity with mixed-use property that will have it all; business, residential, retail and walkability for users.

Q: What is the status of the WaterLights District? How do you see it tying into The Spectrum?

A: (It) is a significant component of The Spectrum. The developer has been involved with our planning group from the very start. We are all working together to make sure that the citizens of Pearland get the highest possible uses for this destination.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Finally new developments are coming back to the area ?

http://www.ultimatep...-pearland-bound

http://shadowcreekra...dcat/index.html

All that jazz is Pearland-bound

July 7, 2010 2:06 pmRobert Stanton wrote

Photo courtesy of Red Cat Jazz CafeThe Red Cat Jazz Cafe in Houston plans to open a new jazz club and eatery on Shadow Creek Parkway in Pearland this fall - the city's first upscale jazz spot.

The new venue, Red Cat Jazz Bistro, is planning a grand opening in mid-October at Shadow Creek Island Plaza, 11910 Shadow Creek Parkway, said owner Sam Pink.

Pink runs the popular Red Cat Jazz Café, located at 924 Congress in downtown Houston, in a narrow brick building dating back to Houston's earliest days.

According to the Web site, “The Red Cat Jazz Cafe shows what sophistication and good times are possible in born-again downtown. Located just half a block off Old Market Square, these brick walls have resonated with many a blues and big band jam through the years, and the patina shows.

“The food befits the French Quarter atmosphere, with authentic Cajun and Creole cuisine like red beans and rice, crawfish etouffe and New Orleans Po' Boys,” the Web site states.

Pink said he plans to do something different in Pearland. The live jazz will still be a hot ticket, but the menu will be “more authentic Creole dining,” he said. The 7,500-square-foot venue will be open seven days a week.

The prototype for the Red Cat Jazz Bistro, Pink said, is the Vibrato Grill & Jazz in Los Angeles.

About three years ago, Shadow Creek Ranch developer Carlo Ferreira stopped by the Red Cat Jazz Club and asked Pink to consider opening another spot in Pearland, Pink said.

The two were also united by their love of art. Both Ferreira and Pink collect the original works of artist Jackson-Collins, who specializes in jazz art and operates the ArtJaz Gallery in Philadelphia. Jackson-Collins' artworks adorn the walls of the Red Cat Jazz Club in Houston.

Pink is working with Bellaire-based architect Todd Blitzer, who designed the Red Cat Jazz Club, to design the layout for the Red Cat Jazz Bistro in Pealand.

”The motif will be more of a jazz museum-type look,” Pink said. “It’ll be more upscale and focus on the food more.” He said he also plans to consult with jazz pianist Joe Sample, who now lives in the Houston area, to help design the music room at the bistro.=

And of course, there’ll be plenty of jazz for everyone’s ears. There are plans for two shows nightly, at 7:30 p.m. and 9:30 p.m.

Henry Fuertes, who heads the commercial department at Shadow Creek Ranch, called the new business a “fantastic addition” for Pearland.

“This is bringing the Inner Loop flavor out to Shadow Creek Ranch,” Fuertes said. “It’s definitely needed. There used to be one live venue (in Pearland), the Muddy Waters Coffee Shop, but that closed about four or five years ago.

“Now, you have to get in the car and drive 20 minutes to get a live venue,” he said. “It’s (jazz bistro) definitely needed and a great addition to this (west) side of Pearland.":

• 1 year later...

Just thought I'd provide a short list of what I see under construction while driving around.

1) 24hr Fitness Shaq is expanding to a Super Sport (to include: swimming pool, gym, racquetball courts, sauna, jacuzzi, steam room, additional workout and class space).

2) Starbuck's next to CVS on Kirby/Shadow Creek Pkwy.

3) New retail center (i.e. strip mall) at the NE corner of FM518 and Kinglsey Dr.

4) Sam's Club and additional retail (i.e. strip mall) at 288S service road

5) Steak and Shake at Pearland Town Center

6) Luby's/Fuddrucker's at 288S service road

7) Merit Medical building R&D and manufacturing facility at Kirby b/n Shadow Creek Pkwy and Beltway 8

8) Ingress/Egress into/out of the retail shops at the NE corner of 288N service road and FM518

This is a welcome sight considering construction has been dead around here the last two years.

3) New retail center (i.e. strip mall) at the NE corner of FM518 and Kinglsey Dr.

I asked about that construction and the sign seems to be misleading. The city told me they are grading to begin building an apartment complex there. :( This site was grandfathered in for apartments many years ago.

8) Ingress/Egress into/out of the retail shops at the NE corner of 288N service road and FM518

What signs are you seeing that this has started? I see nothing but stakes in the ground.

I asked about that construction and the sign seems to be misleading. The city told me they are grading to begin building an apartment complex there. :( This site was grandfathered in for apartments many years ago.

What signs are you seeing that this has started? I see nothing but stakes in the ground.

3) Ouch...I based my description on the sign. I went to Huntington's website, but couldn't find the development. I was wondering why the land they were clearing was sooo large. Gonna' suck for the peeps adjacent to that site. Kind of makes you think that they are intentionally misleading folks in order to avoid the backlash. Especially considering the City said that no more apartments were going to be built around the Shadow Creek area.

8) I saw a front loader digging there yesterday. They also have the shoulder blocked off with drums starting at the turn from 518.

I found this quote stating that Sams purchased 18 acres, And I found this info about The Reserve at Shadow Creek Ranch which seems to cover the same general geographical area. You have to download the flyer to see details of the Reserve at Shadow Creek Ranch plans. There is no Sams Club on their plans.

There is about 18 acres on either side of The Reserve at Shadow Creek Ranch that is open. So, is Sam's going to be on the property to the north or to the south of The Reseve at Shadow Creek, or did they become part of the Reserve at Shadow Creek?

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, I hope that diagram is accurate cuz we desperately need another car wash west of 288! Thanks for sharing the link.

Tim/Wendy...I am starting to think that the site at the NE corner of 518/Kingsley is not going to be apartment buildings. My reasoning is that (1) the attached link http://tgbcrosswell.com/sites/default/files/pdf/L-The%20Reserve%20at%20Shadow%20Creek%20Marketing%20Flyer.pdf shows a 350 unit multi-family development as part of The Reserve at Shadow Creek Ranch (note: they have started clearing the land for this apartment complex), and (2) it looks like Huntington Properties, the company listed on the sign at the NE corner of 518/Kingsley, does not list multi-family dwellings as part of their offered services. Maybe the City rep you spoke to was referring to the site that is part of the Reserve at Shadow Creek.

I don't think that two large scale apartment complexes would be going up at the same time this late in Shadow Creek's life.

• 5 weeks later...

Wow. Good to know things are getting back. Thanks for the update.

Just thought I'd provide a short list of what I see under construction while driving around.

1) 24hr Fitness Shaq is expanding to a Super Sport (to include: swimming pool, gym, racquetball courts, sauna, jacuzzi, steam room, additional workout and class space).

2) Starbuck's next to CVS on Kirby/Shadow Creek Pkwy.

5) Steak and Shake at Pearland Town Center

6) Luby's/Fuddrucker's at 288S service road

7) Merit Medical building R&D and manufacturing facility at Kirby b/n Shadow Creek Pkwy and Beltway 8

This is a welcome sight considering construction has been dead around here the last two years.

• 1 month later...

My friend lives very near there. It's going to be a CVS.

There is already a CVS Pharmacy on the corner of Kirby and Showcreek Pkwy opposite Tacobell. I doubt there will be another CVS just 0.1 mile from the existing one.

Archived