This weather rules!

KimberlySayWhat

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MidtownCoog:

You from up North?

:gasp: Absolutely not. I'm from right here. I like a few cool and crisp days here and there, but I always prefer the warmth and summer/spring-like temps during the winter time. My favorite holidays are Easter and the 4th of July, not Christmas and Thanksgiving.

Our summers can be unbearable, yes, but that's the price to pay for lovely mild winters.

We rode light rail today from Foley's to Herman Park, and the pepole were smelling pretty ripe

Well there's no sense in that. Things can be done to prevent that for the most part.

It must have reached low '80s today. It felt great. It was about a year ago this weekend that my neice had her birthday party at the zoo and it was freezing old and miserable. Today she had her party indoors at Pump it Up while this weather is much more suitable for an outdoor party. Of course you can't predict the weather here. Frank, Niel and the weather gangs know more than anyone. Not to sound like Ken Hoffman. I enjoy his columns but his harping on the weather guys is tired.

What's funny about warm winters is that some people still insist on dressing for winter. You'll see people out in wearing sweaters and hoodies, getting a Starbucks, etc. :)

We had a couple of weeks of 30s to 50s. I am personally enjoying 70-80 deg. days regardless of humidity. To me, I'd rather have 80 than 35 any day. Fortunately, we are going to have 50s - mid 60s to 70s rest of the week. But most of us who have been in Houston for a while know that we use A/C 12 months out of the year.

If it makes you all feel better, it is a sticky 73 in Dallas right and a sticky 66 deg. here. ;)

Today's weather was crappy because of the overcast and rain.

I am lucky i finish up on the work today because rain is in the forecast. I love change in the weather, if not i would be hanging out in Santa Monica. <_<

Ugh. This weather is nice in March-May, and would be wonderful in July and August. But it's December! It's supposed to be chilly! I was not happy last weekend while I was home in Houston and had to run the air conditioning. Sunday afternoon when I got in the car to go to the airport it was about 82 and down right hot in the car. I broke a little sweat before the air conditioning cooled it down. I really hate our winter warm spells. It needs to get cool and stay that way. Maybe not the -5 with a -18 wind chill I walked six blocks in two weeks ago in downtown Minneapolis, but not this above 65 degree stuff either. It's hard for me to get in the Christmas spirit when it's so warm that shorts are more comfortable to wear outdoors than jeans.

Back up here in Minneapolis it's rather warm too (by their standards). This week the average high was around 40, and there's still be no decent snowfall this winter. Most people are complaining about how warm it is and that there is no snow on the ground yet, but at least it's not 80 like it is back home in Houston.

Ok, Puma, snow in Houston, is THAT a sign of global warming ? 2ft. in Denver yesterday, where is your Messiah, Algore, NOW !

We used to get a hard frost at least every year in the 80's, as I remember regularly seeing icicles hanging from the trees and gutters. I have not seen that recently.

We used to get a hard frost at least every year in the 80's, as I remember regularly seeing icicles hanging from the trees and gutters. I have not seen that recently.

That much is true. Galveston Bay, saline though it is, was even known to have large floating sheets of ice from time to time.

....and 2 years ago we had snow hitting the ground for the first time in how long, what's your point ?

....and 2 years ago we had snow hitting the ground for the first time in how long, what's your point ?

My point it that you were not supposed to even use that phrase "in how long", it is supposed to be a common even for Houston winter.

It was probably 10 years since it last snowed, whereas it used to regulary snow at least once every 2 to 3 years, and have a hard free with the icicles mentioned above each year.

Anyways. . . . <_<

This severe thunderstorm warning right now doesn't seem as nice...but it's good to be back in Houston where it does rain.

I can see it too, it is dark, creepy and getting very windy! :ph34r:

Archived