Dems take back the House and Senate

Guest Marty

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You accuse Bachanon of this:

But I suppose when you are so wrapped up in the internet, talk radio and cable tv-not to mention illogical hatred of a woman you clearly know little or nothing about [except for what the internet, talk radio and cable tv has told you what to think] it's just too hard to think of anything else. :)

To which he replies with:

i base my dislike (not hatred) of nancy pelosi based on her own words. ever hear of c-span? i do not listen to talk radio. however, i am glad that differing viewpoints are being discussed. the "news" pre-cable/talk radio/internet was abysmal.

Above we clearly see Bachanon state that he watches a non-biased channel, C-SPAN, from which he gathers his opinions and information. But for some reason, you reply with this:

Because FOX "fair and balanced" is so much better?

So even after he tells you his news source, you still: one, makes the assumption that he watches FOX news; two, accuse him of thinking its "so much better"; and three, argue an non-existant point about FOX when he CLEARLY listed C-SPAN as his source of information. This obviously also makes no sense seeing as he has made NO mention of FOX news what-so-ever. He has even made specific points in this thread to note that all talk-radio, national & cable television, and internet news reporting has been "abysmal".

Then you go on to call Bachanon out for not going point for point against your "in-quoted" rebuttal (to which I can not easily re-quote, because your text is inside of another pre-existing quote). He however gives links to several sources that more than answered your re-buttal questions.

Did you not read his posts before you threw up your replies? Or were his replies simply not "good-enough" for you?

Do you think the new change will affect the Patriot Act?

You can count on the Patriot Act being dumped Marty.

...oh, is "pelosi a time bomb" a fact or just another far-right talking point to scare voters? OOPS! It didn't work, did it? :P

"Time Bomb" implies she is still ticking Nmain, what will your view be when and if she finally goes off ? Just your opinion please.

• 1 month later...
I used to listen to KTRH all day long. Now I turn the radio off from 11am to 2pm now that Rush Limbaugh is running his mouth off for those three hours.

Your radio only get's one station ? :P

That poster portrays the Liberal's well they should use it in 2008.

That poster doesn't show a liberal's nor a conservative's well. Are you confused? A well is normally a hole dug deep into the ground to obtain water. You and Polly seem to think it's a burro with a variety of cartoon characters on it's back. I can't fathom your logic as your and Polly's post have nothing to do with the topic. Perhaps you should email Polly at pollymcdonald@kw.com so you could coordinate your posts. I'm sure Keller's server would love to know one of their agents is using their address for something other than selling real estate.

That poster doesn't show a liberal's nor a conservative's well. Are you confused? A well is normally a hole dug deep into the ground to obtain water. You and Polly seem to think it's a burro with a variety of cartoon characters on it's back. I can't fathom your logic as your and Polly's post have nothing to do with the topic. Perhaps you should email Polly at pollymcdonald@kw.com so you could coordinate your posts. I'm sure Keller's server would love to know one of their agents is using their address for something other than selling real estate.

Spoken like a typical schmuck, don't be surprised when then the Commies get thrown out of America. btw when did you become the spell check 5-0

Spoken like a typical schmuck, don't be surprised when then the Commies get thrown out of America.

That's OK Marty. I absolutly defend your's and Polly's right to be as ignorant as you please-until you step on my rights to call you out on it.

That's OK Marty. I absolutly defend your's and Polly's right to be as ignorant as you please-until you step on my rights to call you out on it.

I speak for my self. I don't need anybody to tell me what to think nmain.

Wow, all I did was post a cartoon. Why such hatred nmainguy? Where's the love? :D

P.S. You can also email me at pollymcdonald@liberaldemssuck.com :lol: That's Polly McDonald, Keller Williams Realty. You know--a Realtor, aka Independent Contractor. I don't work for anyone, I don't speak for any company, so Keller Williams probably doesn't care too much if I have my phone number and email in my siggie on a message board to answer questions about real estate. Just thought I'd clarify that for anyone who, through no fault of their own, might be ignorant of that fact...I mean, since we are speaking of ignorance here.

Hmmmm......Since Bush has let Osama off the hook and strengthened Iran's position in the Middle East I would suspect they'd be GOP supporters.

Is this an interpretation of the cartoon? Can't tell if it's that or just a sarcastic remark.

I took a propaganda class and we learned how to interpret political cartoons. Without going into detail, the basic rules are to look at it in general and then look at the details last.

But I'm sure most of you already know that. Just fyi for those who don't I guess B)

Is this an interpretation of the cartoon? Can't tell if it's that or just a sarcastic remark.

More along the lines of a sarcastic remark. While some GOP and Bush apologists may find the cartoon humorous it really doesn't make sense since the three on the donkey have benefited from Bush's bungling. If I was a leader in Iran I'd certainly hate to see Bush leave office.

• 2 weeks later...
So what did you think about George Bush's Speech tonight?

His healthcare/insurance proposals may be popular with the new congress, but they're terrible policy. I'd be willing to go so far as to provide universal healthcare for children (since preventative care for children can prevent more acute problems in adulthood and because poor children aren't responsible for their parents' poor judgement at conception), but after that, I'd rather that government not dabble at all in health insurance or medicaid for adults. The only thing they need to do is play up the supply side of the labor market, bringing in new doctors and nurses.

Healthcare is inescapably a scarce resource, and it needs to be efficiently rationed amongst those in society. It may sound cruel, but as wages are a proxy for productivity, I believe that the greatest share of those healthcare resources should go to those individuals that are most able and willing to pay for them. By arranging it thusly, the quantity demanded and price of healthcare would plummet, as would the cost of health insurance. That would 1) translate to higher take-home wages for employees that get health insurance, 2) make health insurance more affordable to employees that don't get health insurance as well as their employers so that more receive it as part of their benefits package, and 3) provide one hell of an incentive for the poor to educate themselves and become more productive.

Additionally, the kinds of treatments demanded would shift, such that the treatement of less serious healthcare issues do not crowd out people in need of more serious treatments.

Regarding most everything else about the speech, my response was "[shrug]". Either it wasn't something that I didn't already know or it wasn't all that mindblowing.

So what did you think about George Bush's Speech tonight?

I enjoyed five parts of GWB's State of the Union:

1) Dikembe Mutumbo getting recognized, then standing up beside Laura Bush to show he's twice her height

2) All the coughing during the speech

3) When they showed John McCain in the audience. I swear he looked like he was sleeping

4) When they showed Condolezza Rice. Talk about a woman's scorn. She looked like she was ready to battle in a UFC pay-per-view. That was a bad camera angle on her. Looked like you could fight an entire war using her forehead as a battleground.

5) Seeing Nancy Pelosi and Dick Cheney behind Bush. It made the speech so much easier to follow. If Cheney stood up, the Republicans agreed with Bush. When Pelosi stood up, the Democrats agreed. When Pelosi stood up faster than Cheney, she was turned on by Cheney. It's obvious she loves Dick.

(whoa, keep your mind out da gutter. That's the VP's name, yo)

He was gracious towards the speaker and she was gracious in return.

His proposals for health care are hollow and callous.

His proposal to send even more of our young to their deaths in Iraq is unconscienceable. One of my nephews is on the line and I no more appreciate sacrificing him for a bogus cause than I would have for my own son.

I was far more impressed with Webb's response. I suggest you read and/or watch it.

His healthcare/insurance proposals may be popular with the new congress, but they're terrible policy.

I"d have to agree with you here. I'll have to read a summary but it sure sounded as if i'll be paying more because i have good insurance currently. As for being hollow and callous, not sure i can agree with you nmain. what would you like to have seen that is realistically possible in a short time?

I"d have to agree with you here. I'll have to read a summary but it sure sounded as if i'll be paying more because i have good insurance currently. As for being hollow and callous, not sure i can agree with you nmain. what would you like to have seen that is realistically possible in a short time?

Health care costs are a draining expence on society and the economy-even on one that is the wealthiest in the history of mankind. I would provide preventative health care that offers up a healthier population in the short run thus a healthier economy and stronger social fabric in the long run in lieu of ear-marks and a war that ultimaly reaps us only the blood of our kids that has been shed for nought. I see that as the responsible solution to a better standard of life. It would be great if there were men like my dad still alive to speak to you of the experience of waging a real war against a real enemy and the economic and social benefits that were derived from a hard fought victory.

Health care costs are a draining expence on society and the economy-even on one that is the wealthiest in the history of mankind. I would provide preventative health care that offers up a healthier population in the short run thus a healthier economy and stronger social fabric in the long run in lieu of ear-marks and a war that ultimaly reaps us only the blood of our kids that has been shed for nought. I see that as the responsible solution to a better standard of life. It would be great if there were men like my dad still alive to speak to you of the experience of waging a real war against a real enemy and the economic and social benefits that were derived from a hard fought victory.

Preventative health care is great however i'm just afraid that we're providing to others in for instance, Africa, when the funds could also be of use here.

Health insurance providers will always deny, deny, deny no matter how much you pay for coverage.

Word on the street has it that everyone in Canada and other certain countries have some sort of health care provided for by the government. Either they're doing something right, or our country's doing something wrong...

Word on the street has it that everyone in Canada and other certain countries have some sort of health care provided for by the government. Either they're doing something right, or our country's doing something wrong...

Word on the street is that you have to wait 8 weeks to get a surgery or angioplasti after a massive coronary. good luck in ICU chief. Broken leg, come see us next week they say.

Health insurance providers will always deny, deny, deny no matter how much you pay for coverage.

Disagree, I'm living proof. 6.5 hours on the slab at Ben Taub's trauma center from a knife wound 18 inches long that fileted my spleen in the process. My insurance paid it and the ride in the ambulance. AETNA, I'm glad I met ya.

Archived