New Orleans Po-Boys: closed?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yeah, not to bash, but i had a great breakfast the other morning with my sisters, but it costs me a whopping $15. i can see spending that for dinner, but for breakfast...? that will be my once a month treat instead a weekly one.

Can I asked what you got for that much money?

And did that include the tip?

catfish, grits, eggs, toast, tap water (for my drink), and a split order that i paid for, of french toast.

don't get me wrong, i loved it ... and love the atmosphere, the urbane-ness of it all ...

... but their prices are a not exactly cheap.

like i said, i cannot go every week, but still will go once a month when i can.

catfish, grits, eggs, toast, tap water (for my drink), and a split order that i paid for, of french toast.

don't get me wrong, i loved it ... and love the atmosphere, the urbane-ness of it all ...

... but their prices are a not exactly cheap.

like i said, i cannot go every week, but still will go once a month when i can.

The only thing remotely pricey is catfish, and that is a stretch.

I guess the tip was extra, on top of the $15.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

It is my opinion that someone had to pay for that demolition and paid for it for a reason.

With some of the stealth projects that happened around here lately, I would not put it past it that some deals may have escaped our (or rather, our spy's) notice.

Does anyone know if anything is going to be built there, or is it destined to be another vacant lot for Midtown?

Thought I read somewhere that the property is owned by South Main Baptist Church. If so, they own quite a chunk between Main, W. Alabama, Spur 527 and Richmond Ave. Maybe they're our next superchurch?

Thought I read somewhere that the property is owned by South Main Baptist Church. If so, they own quite a chunk between Main, W. Alabama, Spur 527 and Richmond Ave. Maybe they're our next superchurch?

that makes me cringe - i hope that's not what's in the works!

as far as the po-boys, most people will probably drive by and not even realize where it was...just a small footprint

I don't know if I want a huge church in that location. We already have 3 churches in midtown fairly close to each other, but as residential starts to get a foothold in the area, it might be needed.

The downtown cathedral is a good example on how it's needed due to population growth.

I don't know if I want a huge church in that location. We already have 3 churches in midtown fairly close to each other, but as residential starts to get a foothold in the area, it might be needed.

The downtown cathedral is a good example on how it's needed due to population growth.

IMO, the new cathedral is more of a want than a need. The diocese wants to do a premiere project to "validate" the diocese in a sense since Houston doesn't really have a premier one. A cathedral is something that is relatively rare as few are built. It is definitely a coup for houston.

btw ch13 did a nice story on it last night. story is here. there is also a video link

Initially, I thought the same thing, but from what I have heard, there has been a case of overcrowding for quite some time and the space was sorely needed and in fact, purchased the old Fed Building across the street which will be turned into additional space.

Makes me wonder if perhaps they might have their own walkway or tunnel for that complex.

Hmm...I might start a new thread...

Initially, I thought the same thing, but from what I have heard, there has been a case of overcrowding for quite some time and the space was sorely needed and in fact, purchased the old Fed Building across the street which will be turned into additional space.

Makes me wonder if perhaps they might have their own walkway or tunnel for that complex.

Hmm...I might start a new thread...

i guess i consider the church itself and and the facilities related to the diocese separate. but i do understand your comments.

Archived