New Orleans Mayor

How is Bush at fault when he BEGGED Blanco to ask for aid? Bush couldn't do a thing until she did so. I will agree that afterward (and currently), it was a huge clusterfu(parrothead)k, but I can't see blaming Bush for anything that Blanco and Nagin fu(parrothead)ked up all by themselves prior to, during, and immediately after Katrina. He couldn't do much to aid either one of those (RedScare)s.

;)

Note to Niche: Constitutional discussions can be very long and dry, and I have found that most Americans are uninterested in talking about them (except for the 2nd, which they generally misinterpret). So, I won't bore the forum with an off-topic disertation of Con Law. Maybe in another thread on another day. :)

So you're willing to throw something out there, but can't or aren't willing to back it up.

I hate to be the one to say this but it has to be said.

Truthfully, i'm not mad at Nagin for speaking the truth. How anyone would expect an entire city with over 1000 blocks to recover in 12 months is absolutely insane. Even though he was insensitive by pointing the finger back at NYC, he has a point. 911 happened 5 years ago and they're just now getting to the point where they are deciding what to do with the empty lot where the 2 towers once stood.

I think people wouldn't be so angry with this comment if it were coming from someone OTHER than a MINORITY. I think people are overreacting because people think Mayor Nagin is just a "minority" who should know his place.

I think people wouldn't be so angry with this comment if it were coming from someone OTHER than a MINORITY. I think people are overreacting because people think Mayor Nagin is just a "minority" who should know his place.

Let's try to not to confuse "moron" with "minority".

............and the "racecard" is played. That took a little longer than I expected, but there it is. Great Googely Moogely !

You could not get further from the truth than that tier. By Nagin trying to make N.O.'s tragedy more significant than N.Y.'s shows a lack of humility on his part. I guess facing that much death and destruction will do that to a man, but as a political leader, you don't go pointing fingers at those who have absolutely nothing to do with your troubles, especially when it is partly your OWN fault. You struggle to pick up the pieces and learn from your mistakes and pray you won't make the same ones again. It will take a minimum 4 more years for N.O. to really be habitable. Nagin's reaction is part of the fastfood society we live in, we want it fast and we want it now ! Rebuilding a city isn't like the game Simcity, where you click the mouse and *POP* a new highrise emerges. That is what people have lost focus on, you cannot rebuild "Sodom" in a day. :huh:

Harsh.

You reminded me of a question that I've long wanted to ask this forum. Please see poll.

Don't get me wrong, I think New Orleans is one of THE finest cities in the world. I have spent many many nights and weekends there. I was virtually there every weekend I was in college. I have a special place in my heart for that city. It is what it is, N.O. is a different world, in a different time, and it always has been. I don't feel bad using the biblical city name to compare New Orleans, I have plenty of "firsthand" experiences and knowledge of The Big Easy. :closedeyes:

:lol:

as an attorney with a seeming hard on for the constitution, one would expect you to know that President Bush couldn't do anything until he was specificially asked to by the state (Blanco). And inspite of his numerous attempts to procure that approval, including a teleconference with Blanco and even having the letter of consent drafted FOR her, Blanco still failed to give such consent until AFTER the storm.

I guess this is asking too much understanding from someone who supposedly understands the law.

Oh yeah, and Ray Nagin belongs in jail.

President Bush couldn't do anything until he was specificially asked to by the state

Oh yeah, and Ray Nagin belongs in jail.

You are just the cutest! But really dear, our Glorious Commander in Chief is far too busy to be bothered by that pesky rule of law. We're not saying we're expert at all things law-like but you seem to be THE go to gal for a searing question which has been burning at my Thrice Saved Soul: Can we really send that poor nagin person to jail just for the fun of it or is their yet another pesky law we need concern ourself with?

(Personally, we've always found his attire and personal grooming habits to be criminal and were appalled that our Adoring President George W. Bush allowed someone of nagin's ilk on board Air Force one to actually take a shower! We've heard through the RO grapevine that Mrs. George W. (laura) Bush had the entire fleet fumigated and disinfected before she would go within a Midland County mile of it.)

You are just the cutest! But really dear, our Glorious Commander in Chief is far too busy to be bothered by that pesky rule of law. We're not saying we're expert at all things law-like but you seem to be THE go to gal for a searing question which has been burning at my Thrice Saved Soul: Can we really send that poor nagin person to jail just for the fun of it or is their yet another pesky law we need concern ourself with?

(Personally, we've always found his attire and personal grooming habits to be criminal and were appalled that our Adoring President George W. Bush allowed someone of nagin's ilk on board Air Force one to actually take a shower! We've heard through the RO grapevine that Mrs. George W. (laura) Bush had the entire fleet fumigated and disinfected before she would go within a Midland County mile of it.)

Perhaps for the stealing of millions of federal money that was sent to LA and NO in the past that ended up lining pockets or being misspent rather than doing what it was sent there to do? Or being criminally negligent in the preparation and handling of Katrina. Just a couple things.

And save the 12 year old wit for someone with an interest in being condescended to. The least you could do it put it on a 10th grade level (which is the national reading average I believe).

Perhaps for the stealing of millions of federal money that was sent to LA and NO in the past that ended up lining pockets or being misspent rather than doing what it was sent there to do? Or being criminally negligent in the preparation and handling of Katrina.

My goodness! You certainly seem to have the poop on that nasty nagin person. Who would have thought such an unassuming person as yourself would have so much compelling evidence! I'm sure everyone on God's Green Earth is on pins and needles as you trample triumphantly over the Constitution in order to "bag" this unseemly nagin fellow. It has truly been a blessing that you and you Christian Republican Brethren have anointed yourselves as the Keepers of all that is Good and Right. We look forward to what we are sure will be a stellar performance before the bar of the Supreme Court and we are thoroughly impressed by your very masculine shoot from the hip style.

My goodness! You certainly seem to have the poop on that nasty nagin person. Who would have thought such an unassuming person as yourself would have so much compelling evidence! I'm sure everyone on God's Green Earth is on pins and needles as you trample triumphantly over the Constitution in order to "bag" this unseemly nagin fellow. It has truly been a blessing that you and you Christian Republican Brethren have anointed yourselves as the Keepers of all that is Good and Right. We look forward to what we are sure will be a stellar performance before the bar of the Supreme Court and we are thoroughly impressed by your very masculine shoot from the hip style.

Whew, for a second there I thought you were serious. ;)

Hi Metro ! :D

You're either a very annoying woman, or you're just very very very very very gay.

Either way, welcome to the HAIF forum? :huh:

You're either a very annoying woman, or you're just very very very very very gay.

Either way, welcome to the HAIF forum? :huh:

Aren't you the sweetest for that good old fashioned Welcome Wagon HideeHi!

Now to your confusion-no doubt brought about by the lie-beral media's indoctrination of all things "PC".

We are not a woman. We are a lady and expect to be treated as such.

As for being gay, well we have always wondered why they had to go ruin a perfectly good word to describe those errants who will soon be Burning In Hell With No Chance For Redemption-but not before Maurice re-does our new perm. (you would think a career homosexual could at least get the color right!)

As for you Mister TJones-you little scamp! Born again virgins never tell!!!:wub:

Back on topic, we're waiting breathlessly to hear how that adorable gwilson is going to nail that nagin persons ass to the-OH MY!-What we meant was how are we going to deal with that nagin individual in the legal realm? La gwilson has some wonderful ideas but we didn't see public stoning listed-which can work so well to defer future nagins from their larcenous behavior.

• 4 months later...
Ouch! Had no idea that we had so many HAIFers with feelings like I have. Nagin is nagging to me. I am a democrat, but good grief, my party has to look to winners, not losers. Thanks for all your input. I am not insane in my thinking... but could be insane just because :blink:

I think everyone that has responded to your original thread bring up valid points.

I may be late in adding but you are not alone in your thoughts on that mayor (no name mentioned you know who I mean). When his face ist appeared on TV I thought he seemed like a well educated clean cut person that would be very professional. Comments? That just opened a can of worms. However; as soon as he started his ranting and raving and blame this and blame that tirade I thought it was a joke. He must have major high blood pressure. I would be careful. Of course he seems more of an actor. Must practice in front of the mirror for hours? Wonder who is coach is Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson? Best acting coaches around for sure. He is so imbittered and harbors such ill feelings towards any one that is not his own race. A person doenst have to be a PHD or physhiatric professional to see that this guy doesnt have much experience in public speaking. At least not on a professional level. Boggles the mind to think that he actually posses a college degree from any where. maybe he bought it? Probably the sadest part is that he is sending a very, very negative message to all children of his ethnicity. Complete disregard for authority is the norm. If you see the tons of letters from all ethnicities on MSNBC for instance they are ashamed and embarrased of his verbal outbursts and knee-jerk reactions to the very ones that are trying to help him. So to answer your question you are not insane. The guy with the shiny bald head screaming at the top of his lungs is more the candidate for madness. Aren't there medications to lesson that kind of aggression? Ok now here come the tomatoes! Gotta duck!

and finally "maroon" was and still is a hilarious word that Bugs even used on "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" so the person that claimed it was not politically correct is just pulling the ole race card. (Yawn) all together gang...where's the fiddles?

Did anyone see the anti violence protesters in NO yesterday? They marched, then gathered for speeches. Naggin' showed up and awaited his turn to speak, but the protesters shut him out and wouldn't let him speak.

I thought he was gonna step on his lower lip when he left. He was just a mite miffed.

Now that's the photo I wouldn't mind seeing on a billboard here! A real close up!

I hear Nagin has hired Lee P. Brown as a consultant (no I'm not kidding) for the crime problem in NOLA. Things just went from bad to worse.

I can't recall where is saw a line up photo that had Lee P. Brown standing next to Yogi Bear and had arrows indicating how similar they look. Maybe google.

Same profile, posture even how they stand with thier hands (backwards & upside down). Just no hat. Maybe Nagin could be Boo boo!

Hey Boo boo.. I'm smarter than the average mayor!

Archived