New Orleans Mayor

Is it me, or is he just working my nerves? I see him all the time with his opinionated self and there is a certain turn-off that comes over me. If it is just my attitude re Nagin, then I can cope. But does anyone else feel like, OK, Ray, I am like totally over you and your big mouth????? :huh:

He and Blanco deserve to bl*w each other.

What the **** is the missing letter?!?! :huh: I can't ******* figure it out! :angry2:

Seriously, if you're going to say it, then just say it. I mean there are only 5 possible anwsers as to what the "*" could be and 3 of them don't even make words.

I still don't know what "bluw" means ? Anyways, I am very surprised at the reactions to Ray Nagin. He seems to be the only one NOT blaming Bush in Spike Lee's new joint. He gets a little too excited and wrapped up in the moment sometimes, and forgets that there are cameras on him, he is the consumate politician when it comes right down to it, Ray plays to the crowd, WHOEVER, that may be at that time. If he thinks there are nothing but black folks watching, then he'll say "CHOCOLATE CITY" and things such as that, if he is in a mixed group of Dems., then he will be a little more careful NOT to throw out race cards and blame it all on the current Admin. The People of N.O. knew what they were doing when they re-elected him, they don't care who it is, as long as he is black and a Democrat. There, I've said it, and I don't care who likes it or who doesn't. B)

The People of N.O. knew what they were doing when they re-elected him, they don't care who it is, as long as he is black and a Democrat. There, I've said it, and I don't care who likes it or who doesn't. B)

I for one like it. The truth hurts doesn't it.

The People of N.O. knew what they were doing when they re-elected him, they don't care who it is, as long as he is black and a Democrat. There, I've said it, and I don't care who likes it or who doesn't. B)

...and yet he still endorsed Bush in 2004-go figure.

I'll wait until after 60 Minutes but personally after today's cracks he's earned the scorn he's getting.

BTW, they cleaned out the "hole" in NYC in just over 8 months. What a maroon.

"Tap, Tap, Tap, Tap"........................" Tap, Tap, Tap, Tap"......................"Tap, Tap, Tap, Tap"................. Do you hear that ? Those are the nails going into Nagin's coffin. What the hell is the matter with that guy ? Political suicide right after you win an election ? Makes absolutely no sense, but I am sure some Dems. put him up to it.

"Come'on Willie, just say this about New York, we gotta make it look like The Chocolate City is way more important than some hole in the ground............sure New Orleans only lost about a 1/3 of what those dumb ol' yankees did in those 2 towers, remember, The South Shall Rise Again !.......wait a second, you better not say that, might give our Democrat base the wrong message about our party. We gotta keep those federal funds rollin' in, you know. Bush still feels guilty about not knockin' Blanco to the side and steppin' in, but he couldn't risk upsetting her since she was already a basketcase. Just go on and say the first part Willie, don't worry, we got your back, no really, we got you on this one, go ahead.................we'll just ummmm, be over here, out of the way." - N.O. Dem. party officials

I'll wait until after 60 Minutes but personally after today's cracks he's earned the scorn he's getting.

Welcome back, nmainguy. I was starting to wonder what'd happened to you. Vacation, I presume?

Things just weren't the same around here without you. And you can take that however you like. ;)

a maroon or a moron?

A Maroon (from the word marronage or cimarr

......sure New Orleans only lost about a 1/3 of what those dumb ol' yankees did in those 2 towers, remember,

Is that really how Republicans (or conservatives) look at catastrophes, TJ? That may explain some of the f(parrothead)cked up sh(parrothead)t that comes out of the Whitehouse.

Is that really how Republicans (or conservatives) look at catastrophes, TJ? That may explain some of the f(parrothead)cked up sh(parrothead)t that comes out of the Whitehouse.

as i said in another post (forget when or what the topic was), the president is a republican and i am not, but he is STILL my president. a party difference should not negate the fact that he is president of ALL the american people ...

sometimes party politics just doesn't jive with real life.

as i said in another post (forget when or what the topic was), the president is a republican and i am not, but he is STILL my president. a party difference should not negate the fact that he is president of ALL the american people ...

sometimes party politics just doesn't jive with real life.

Forgive me for not agreeing with you macbro. However, party affiliation has nothing to do with my disgust with your president (I voted for Reagan and Bush 41). Unlike your president, I take the oath I swore as an attorney to uphold the Constitution of the United States seriously.

Forgive me for not agreeing with you macbro. However, party affiliation has nothing to do with my disgust with your president (I voted for Reagan and Bush 41). Unlike your president, I take the oath I swore as an attorney to uphold the Constitution of the United States seriously.

i didn't say i agreed with him.

but he is still the president.

hopefully disagreement does not mean discardment (is that a word)? i hope that because we disagree with others of different parties, persuasions, ethnicities, etc. does not mean that we wholeheartedly discard them?

Respect is earned. To require it because of the position is a sympton of nationalism. I do not buy Chevys or Fords just because they are built in the US, and I do not respect the president just because he is president. To do so is to ignore the definition of the word. I do not feel compelled to do so. There are too many Americans giving away my Constitutional rights already. I will not be their enabler.

Respect is earned. To require it because of the position is a sympton of nationalism. I do not buy Chevys or Fords just because they are built in the US, and I do not respect the president just because he is president. To do so is to ignore the definition of the word. I do not feel compelled to do so. There are too many Americans giving away my Constitutional rights already. I will not be their enabler.

i guess i was also talking in the broader sense about most/all elected officials. i would hope that they are not just elected officials for their party, but for all the people.

i know i sound idealistic...

There are too many Americans giving away my Constitutional rights already. I will not be their enabler.

Just curious, but which of your personal constitutional rights has specifically been trampled upon or "given away" as you put it? To whom were those rights given?

Just curious, but which of your personal constitutional rights has specifically been trampled upon or "given away" as you put it? To whom were those rights given?

The 1st, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th and 14th, in whole or in part.

By definition, those rights taken from the people are given to the government.

The 1st, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th and 14th, in whole or in part.

By definition, those rights taken from the people are given to the government.

I don't think you understood quite what I wanted to get at by using the word "specifically" and the phrase "your personal". See, my feeble mind is incapable of putting together all the tidbits from various news stories in the context of constitutional law...and then there's the philosophical matter between what is written in the constitution and how the writing has been interpreted.

So, if you could give me a little lesson in how you have personally been affected...you know, the basis upon which you might make a claim that your rights are being violated as it might be used by someone trying to prove that they are a victim and thus able to sue the government (since non-victims can't successfully sue on behalf of those that they perceive to be victims). See where I'm going?

BTW: I don't necessarily disagree with you...at least not yet...we'll see what you have to say. Oh, and you forgot the 2nd.

How dare you take me out of context counselor :angry2: ...............I was simply pointing out how Nagin, being led around by his "good ol' boys" Dems. may have got him to make such an absurd and insane remark. That was my take on what may have happened behind the scenes in order for Nagin to make such a remark, WHAT WAS THE POINT OF IT ?

Trying to compare an act of, dare I say it to an agnostic, GOD! To a willful act of terrorism is hardly a fair comparison, and then for Nagin to make New Orlean's tragedy MORE important than New York's is just preposterous, although, I suspect you knew this already and what I was getting at.

Ouch! Had no idea that we had so many HAIFers with feelings like I have. Nagin is nagging to me. I am a democrat, but good grief, my party has to look to winners, not losers. Thanks for all your input. I am not insane in my thinking... but could be insane just because :blink:

...although, I suspect you knew this already and what I was getting at.

Actually, Captain Morgan had pirated my keyboard, and type all of that stuff. :D

New Orleans was a perfect storm of 3 people who define the 'Peter Principle', rising to their level of incompetence. Nagin, Blanco and Bush are all at fault for underestimating, not communicating misunderstanding, and various other forms of incompetence. The only people who do not admit this plain fact are those who wish to prove just how politically blinded they are. One year later, ALL three are STILL shafting the residents of South Louisiana (and Mississippi and Alabama) with their inability to do what they were elected to do.

While I may understand what Nagin was TRYING to say, that is, that the rebuilding of WTC and New Orleans are both hampered by political squabbling, he has proven once again that he has a weak grasp of political speech. What may play to the New Orleans crowd can sound downright stupid on the national stage. And, his ability to bite the hands that are trying to feed New Orleans is becoming legendary. At any one time, he has managed to insult Republicans who control the Washington purse strings, White Democrats in Louisiana, White New Orleans residents, residents of the cities that came to New Orleans aid, and even Black New Orleans residents who want to come home.

As we all know from watching president Bush, those who are overwhelmed by the task at hand often make very inappropriate comments. However, that doesn't make listening to those comments any easier for the rest of us, and I, like most everyone else, wish Mayor Nagin would move away from the microphone and get to work.

Note to Niche: Constitutional discussions can be very long and dry, and I have found that most Americans are uninterested in talking about them (except for the 2nd, which they generally misinterpret). So, I won't bore the forum with an off-topic disertation of Con Law. Maybe in another thread on another day. :)

Archived