Cypress Village Station Developments

mrfootball

Any information on when this will open? I use the temp lot now and look forward to parking my car in the covered garage. I just hope they add more buses since pretty much every bus currently is at capacity. Right now any new riders that the lot may attract is going to find full buses.

One other thing, before this opened the slowdown at 290/1960 would back up to before Telge. Over the last few months I have noticed that that backup has shrunk quite a lot. Has any other changes been made to that section of 290 besides the Cypress P&R that would account for this? I guess taking 200+ cars off that section an hour would have a good effect.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Any information on when this will open? I use the temp lot now and look forward to parking my car in the covered garage. I just hope they add more buses since pretty much every bus currently is at capacity. Right now any new riders that the lot may attract is going to find full buses.

One other thing, before this opened the slowdown at 290/1960 would back up to before Telge. Over the last few months I have noticed that that backup has shrunk quite a lot. Has any other changes been made to that section of 290 besides the Cypress P&R that would account for this? I guess taking 200+ cars off that section an hour would have a good effect.

Schools out. That takes a lot of cars off the road.

...look forward to parking my car in the covered garage. I just hope they add more buses since pretty much every bus currently is at capacity.

This project is innovative and I think it will be a big success. It's well thought out and there's a need for it.

I like to read comments like yours from users of our superb Metro/HOV transit system.

The system is constantly being improved and expanded. The Cypress Station is a good example. And the Katy Tollway is coming soon, for buses and cars, and it will be two-way.

It seems like people tend to forget about the Metro/HOV system, I guess because it's not a train.

I can't wait for more light rail, and also heavy rail, but in the meantime we do have a MASS TRANSIT SYSTEM!

I drive this section too. I also noticed improved flow after the P&R opened and before school let out. With school out, 290 flows quite nicely at 6 am.

I started noticing the difference before school let out (around April). Also, last summer I don't think there was much of a change during the summer. Friday's was the only time you saw a change (this is because a alot of people get every other Friday off).

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Saw the Opening Sept 4 sign being put up on Sat morning. Although a weird thing that Metro is doing, is that you have to have a Q-Card with $3.50 to park for free. Otherwise it will be $4.50. Not sure why people would want to park there if they were not taking a bus. And I wonder how this will effect the retail once they are built. Who would want to go there and have to pay to park. Anyway, I think it is dumb to require a Q-card to park (especially at the start). There are going to be a lot of people show up and not be happy that they have to pay to park if they don't have a Q-Card yet. Here is the Metro link

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

They have begun moving dirt on the retail/residential section of this development. The drawings I have seen on the Newquest website look pretty promising, with a good faux tenant showing (a steakhouse, apparel retail, coffe shop) but so did the Vintage drawings...

Does anyone have any information on possible or even attached tenants for this development???

I think a good bookstore would be great for this development. The closest thing out here is the Barnes and Noble in Copperfield. Borders could steal some business if they opened here....

Thanks in advance

No response, eh??? I thought people would be all over this thing...

Also, any MODs, could we change the title of the thread to Cypress Village Station as is the current name on the signs for the development?

• 2 months later...
Here's a recent article from the Chronicle on the subject...

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/nb/cyf...ws/5539073.html

Interesting read....they are really pushing the fact that the apartments will be "upscale"...we'll see.

Also on another thread somone mentioned that a Pappa's restaurant was coming in here, and I was having trouble seeing it...but maybe they are going to be the "free standing" place.

I ride here everyday and there is definately a lot of traffic, the right tenents will do very well. I think this place has the opportunity to be something special...I didn't think Newquest had it in them!!! I am cautiously optomistic...

That was me about the Pappa's restuarant. I called the corporate offices and the person I talked to said they were currently no plans for future locations. Not sure if this person is in the position to say or not say but that was what they said so maybe not. Seeing that the are looking for a restuarant serving all meals, maybe a Cracker Barrell? I wouldn't be surprised! And would prefer them over the IHOP coming on Cypress-Rosehill

A cracker barrel would be awesome at that location. It would serve the early birds who want a good casual breakfast before running off to work and the same can be said afterwards when people get home.

Not to mention it would attract quite a bit traffic from travelers hoping to find a place to rest and get something to eat.

That was me about the Pappa's restuarant. I called the corporate offices and the person I talked to said they were currently no plans for future locations. Not sure if this person is in the position to say or not say but that was what they said so maybe not. Seeing that the are looking for a restuarant serving all meals, maybe a Cracker Barrell? I wouldn't be surprised! And would prefer them over the IHOP coming on Cypress-Rosehill

Well, the Pappasitos in Hobby airport serves all meals, and actually their breakfast tacos and especially their breakfast burritos are some of the best that I have ever had...

In my experience, the best thing about Cracker Barrel is their orange juice...

Are they going to stay in the current location? The new site doesn't look like they could build a larger building.

No, they're building the new location (next door) which has two or three times the seating room. There's an artist rendering above the door inside the current location. Go check it out and get yourself some great fajitas while you're there. I love that place.

I don't understand Alicia's thinking. Why didn't they get a pad across the freeway? Not only do they need more space but the desparately need more parking but where they are building will not give them any of that...anyone know if there are plans to expand the parking?

Also, the owner told us last time we were there that they are keeping the current location as well and converting it to more of a continental dining restaurant. Guess I should have asked him about the parking too!

Archived