Villagio Town Center: Mixed-Use In Katy

westguy76

The Townhomes are NOT being built. The developer (Marcel) opted against building them and decided instead to sell off the back four acres to a different developer. The is going to be two more retail/professional office buildings, along with a Mexican Restaurant taking the pad site right on Peek Rd.

We're doing the leasing for both developers.

www.atworkinkaty.com

b.

Will the architectural style be similar to the Villagio?

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Will the architectural style be similar to the Villagio?

Yes - you won't even be able to tell that the other buildings are not part of the original development.

And for those who are interested - Buffalo Wings and Rings just opened Tuesday. They brought us some samples, and they are fantastic!

I saw Villagio for the first time over the weekend when I was going by that way to pick up someone. Looked nice and didn't really notice the parking garage. Would have been nice if they kept the townhomes. Would have added some onsite residential.

Yes - you won't even be able to tell that the other buildings are not part of the original development.

And for those who are interested - Buffalo Wings and Rings just opened Tuesday. They brought us some samples, and they are fantastic!

Any background on the Greek restaurant listed on the plan?

I saw Villagio for the first time over the weekend when I was going by that way to pick up someone. Looked nice and didn't really notice the parking garage. Would have been nice if they kept the townhomes. Would have added some onsite residential.

i also wish they wouldve kept the townhomes. my grandparents were interested.

Any background on the Greek restaurant listed on the plan?

The actual name on the lease is Greek Restaurant and Bakery, so I don't really have any background on it.

They signed a 10 year lease, so they're in it for the long haul. The second half of the building they're in is going to be a women's boutique.

i also wish they wouldve kept the townhomes. my grandparents were interested.

I had three clients lined up for the townhomes, so I feel your pain.

• 2 weeks later...
well wings and rings was a pretty neat place with decent food.

has anyone tried that sushi place near wings and rings?

We tried Wings & Rings this weekend. I was a bit disappointed with the food. The burgers were over done and the wings were average at best. The wait staff was your typical Katy high schooler and our waiter had that "deer in the head lights" look to him. No problem though as it is a new place with new employees. I'll probably give them another try because I really want to support the local establishments.

Seems like most of the new places in Katy have service issues upon opening. I've been to Wings and Rings twice and the second time when I arrived the waiter was apologizing to another party so profusely I was reminded of the Monty Python "Dirty Fork" sketch! :lol: They got my order wrong on both visits, but I'll give them more chances.

Azzarelli's waitstaff and kitchen took a while to come up the learning curve in their big new space; they gave away a ton of food their first few weeks.

That's why I was pleased that the new Baker Street Pub has some quality control managers walking around just looking for "training moments". A nice lady asked us how everything was, then picked up a couple of crumpled napkins off the table (from the free appetizer that a manager had given us) and took them over and waved them in our waitron's face before tossing them in the trash.

It's the little details that mean a lot in the restaraunt business, and you've got to be cruel to be kind!

We tried Wings & Rings this weekend. I was a bit disappointed with the food. The burgers were over done and the wings were average at best. The wait staff was your typical Katy high schooler and our waiter had that "deer in the head lights" look to him. No problem though as it is a new place with new employees. I'll probably give them another try because I really want to support the local establishments.

I know what you mean by the "deer in the headlights" look by the wait staff. We went to Wings & Rings about 2 weeks ago for the first time. My wife requested a lime for her coke and the waitress responded that she never heard of that before. Then she promptly handed us a lime slice with her bare hands. The first thing I saw as I opened the door to the restaurant was the "stuffed" animal vending machine game. It's right next to the entrance. The night we went, there was a table with about 3 couples that let their children run wild back and forth to the games (over and over again). Just wasn't a pleasant experience our first go round. We actually liked the "Wings" place located off the Katy Freeway next to the Texas Roadhouse and Slick Willies.

I do like how the Villigio is coming along. We go to Berryhills all the time and enjoy it.

i went here and i find it to be ugly. is it the joke? what where them thinking when they built this? everything seems to be bad in katy.

for me i live in the woodlands. it is so pretty. i am lucky because it is so much better. i am sorry but you know it.

i dont like the look and feelings of lacentera either, what a joke! woodlands so much better

i went here and i find it to be ugly. is it the joke? what where them thinking when they built this? everything seems to be bad in katy.

for me i live in the woodlands. it is so pretty. i am lucky because it is so much better. i am sorry but you know it.

i dont like the look and feelings of lacentera either, what a joke! woodlands so much better

Based on what you wrote here it sounds like The Woodlands needs to improve the English programs in the schools. Your ability to write is horrible.

HOKEDED ON PHONIXS WERKED 4 MES!

Now where did you go? Them thinking you should stay in pretty land.

You can't be serious.

"lifeinthewoodlands" is what you call a "troll". He just joined yesterday and has 2 posts. He is trying to get a rise out of you and you are playing his game. Just ignore him.

game? i do not wish to play games with the people. and i am not a 'troll'. i only am talking opinions. and yes i am new member of this forum. woodlands pretty though that is what i think

That's why I was pleased that the new Baker Street Pub has some quality control managers walking around just looking for "training moments". A nice lady asked us how everything was, then picked up a couple of crumpled napkins off the table (from the free appetizer that a manager had given us) and took them over and waved them in our waitron's face before tossing them in the trash.

It's the little details that mean a lot in the restaraunt business, and you've got to be cruel to be kind!

When did Baker Street open? I must have missed the memo. It is within walking distance to my house. Yippeee a pub I can stagger home from.

When did Baker Street open? I must have missed the memo. It is within walking distance to my house. Yippeee a pub I can stagger home from.

I think they opened on Monday, but they haven't promoted it yet. Word seems to be getting out though. We went on Thursday and it was packed. I plan on becoming a regular!

I think they opened on Monday, but they haven't promoted it yet. Word seems to be getting out though. We went on Thursday and it was packed. I plan on becoming a regular!

They opened April 11 and it was packed in there. I also went this past thursday and it was very full, love the place hope to make it a regular place :)

• 2 months later...

We went to Berryhill this weekend.........what a huge disappointment!!!!!!!

We went Sunday at 1:30 PM We had 6 adults and 2 kids. We had never been before but I have read good things.........

The place was pretty empty. I did not realize that you ordered yourself.......I told the lady behind the counter that it was our first time there.....thus giving her an opportunity to tell us about the place....no such luck.....just handed us menus......

So we placed our orders.......put together a couple tables.

I saw the chips in little bags under a heat lamp.....very cold chips.....got some salsa.....not bad salsa....

First, all our food was barely warm when we got it..........

We ordered a variet of items and I tried them all:

tamales (beef, pork, chicken) dry and tasteless

fried fish tacos ok but kinda dry

Tortilla soup very spicy, not a lot in the soup and not a great taste

Chicken dish big piece of chicken but cold on the inside

beef tacos meat was dry and the tortillas were not very fresh.

For the prices they charge, we will never go back again..................

We went to Berryhill this weekend.........what a huge disappointment!!!!!!!

We went Sunday at 1:30 PM We had 6 adults and 2 kids. We had never been before but I have read good things.........

The place was pretty empty. I did not realize that you ordered yourself.......I told the lady behind the counter that it was our first time there.....thus giving her an opportunity to tell us about the place....no such luck.....just handed us menus......

So we placed our orders.......put together a couple tables.

I saw the chips in little bags under a heat lamp.....very cold chips.....got some salsa.....not bad salsa....

First, all our food was barely warm when we got it..........

We ordered a variet of items and I tried them all:

tamales (beef, pork, chicken) dry and tasteless

fried fish tacos ok but kinda dry

Tortilla soup very spicy, not a lot in the soup and not a great taste

Chicken dish big piece of chicken but cold on the inside

beef tacos meat was dry and the tortillas were not very fresh.

For the prices they charge, we will never go back again..................

Sorry you didn't like it. I love this place.

First I am a big fan of places where I place my order and pick it up from the counter, get my own drink whenever I want to refill it, and best of all get my own chips and salsa all without having to wait on someone. And the best of all this I don't have to tip anyone.

I really like the fish tacos, or the shrimp, they have grilled you might like them better than fried.

They spinach enchiladas and chimichangas are my favorites. I hear the burritos are good too.

I hope this location makes it because I live right around the corner. the one in Westchase (where I worked closed a couple of months ago)

Sorry you didn't like it. I love this place.

First I am a big fan of places where I place my order and pick it up from the counter, get my own drink whenever I want to refill it, and best of all get my own chips and salsa all without having to wait on someone. And the best of all this I don't have to tip anyone.

I really like the fish tacos, or the shrimp, they have grilled you might like them better than fried.

They spinach enchiladas and chimichangas are my favorites. I hear the burritos are good too.

I hope this location makes it because I live right around the corner. the one in Westchase (where I worked closed a couple of months ago)

I like the place as well. I understand that first impressions are the most important. Sorry you had a poor experience. Service is your typicall Katy High School student. Off topic, but I wonder why we have so many teenagers servicing in these joints who have zero manners. Do they not know that service is part of the job ?

Anyway, the fish tacos keep me coming back - both fried and grilled. If you like it spicy, get the grilled. I don't mind getting my own drink or chips.

By the way, is the "Sweet and Spicy" place still around ? Do all of you like it ?

I like the place as well. I understand that first impressions are the most important. Sorry you had a poor experience. Service is your typicall Katy High School student. Off topic, but I wonder why we have so many teenagers servicing in these joints who have zero manners. Do they not know that service is part of the job ?

Anyway, the fish tacos keep me coming back - both fried and grilled. If you like it spicy, get the grilled. I don't mind getting my own drink or chips.

By the way, is the "Sweet and Spicy" place still around ? Do all of you like it ?

Do you know that many of those katy high school students as u call them...are having their first job and don't really know what to do?...I mean dude just go back into ur life and remember ur first job..did u do a good job?....probably not..Let them work and save their money to buy their own stuff. Thank you.

Sweet and Salty is still around. And El Rancho Mexican Restaurant is going in there soon as well. They are going to be taking the pad site directly on Peek Rd, with more office / retail to take up the remainder of the land. It is very possible there will be a 2 story medical complex in there as well. As for Berryhill, they are thriving in that location so don't worry. Coming soon: the Greek Restaurant (probably 2 months out), and Irish Grill and Spelato (gelato chain).

Do you know that many of those katy high school students as u call them...are having their first job and don't really know what to do?...I mean dude just go back into ur life and remember ur first job..did u do a good job?....probably not..Let them work and save their money to buy their own stuff. Thank you.

I doubt they are all Katy High School students, too. I know someone from Cinco who is trying to get a job there. I know another, and she goes to Taylor.

I doubt they are all Katy High School students, too. I know someone from Cinco who is trying to get a job there. I know another, and she goes to Taylor.

lol - I'm assuming hermanpark meant high school students who live in Katy, not Katy High School specifically.

Sweet and Salty is still around. And El Rancho Mexican Restaurant is going in there soon as well. They are going to be taking the pad site directly on Peek Rd, with more office / retail to take up the remainder of the land. It is very possible there will be a 2 story medical complex in there as well. As for Berryhill, they are thriving in that location so don't worry. Coming soon: the Greek Restaurant (probably 2 months out), and Irish Grill and Spelato (gelato chain).

Thank you for the updates.

Sweet & Salty is pretty good and has improved since it first opened.

The gelato chain sounds good..i wounder how good the mexican restaurant will be...

Archived