Shake up on KRBE

ricco67

I religiously listen to Roula and Ryan Roses, it is just like waiting for a train wreck to happen B) .

lol.

atom and maria were the only reason i'd listen to regular radio. it was the only reason i was going to get an HD radio, now i listen to just stuff on XM radio.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

104 is a mud duck station my ex girl friend made me where a Power 104 button on my denim Metallica jacket in 1987. Sometimes you got to make a choice and i think i made the right one. I took the stupid button off and she walk off. :lol:

104 is a mud duck station my ex girl friend made me where a Power 104 button on my denim Metallica jacket in 1987. Sometimes you got to make a choice and i think i made the right one. I took the stupid button off and she walk off. :lol:

Hey, and now U can listen to her every morning with Ryan Chase from 6-10am! Good stuff, mate!

Hey, and now U can listen to her every morning with Ryan Chase from 6-10am! Good stuff, mate!

I guess i was having a flash back. I like every kind of music out there from the 1950,s to breakdancing to electronica to Mega Death to MR Rogers Neighborhood. why do they play only 6 songs over and over again like on 104.9 and and the rest of the gang from 88.7-108.0 MHZ

Did you hear the guy about a month or so ago who told Roula to save her spiel because he knew it was her? I'd been waiting for that to happen. :lol:

OMG yes, I listened to that one too! I think it was (3) Thursday's ago.

For those that do not know, the whole premise of Roula and Ryan's Roses is that the DJ Roula, pretends to be a internet flower shop owner offering FREE roses to be sent. They person they offer it to simply has to say the name of the person they want to send it too and the message. by then the gimmick is up, so no address is needed.

The person suspected of cheating will either send it to his wife/girlfriend, or the lover he is cheating with. . .sounds like fun!

This one in particular was REALLY good :ph34r:

It was about the wife who noticed that her out of shape husband started going to the gym. :o

Eventually, he stopped drinking, slimmed down, was starting to dress real nice, (metrosexual), so it sounds like it was going to be a good thing. ^_^

But he was less intimate with his wife and spent less time with his kid before bed.

Also, she had noticed that he was calling his "personal trainer" after hours (the trainer was a hot female).

So, to go with the premise of Roula and Ryan Roses, Roula calls the supposedly unsuspecting husband on the phone, and he picks up after Roula says her, "This is Kathy from PlantsandFlowers.com. . ."

He cuts in and says, "Save your spiel Roula, they play the radio over the speakers are the gym!" :P

And he goes on to says that he is upset at his wife and the she should apologize to his trainer for calling her a whore and says to send the flowers to her!

It was good! B)

Last week was great too, this guy was dating this girl who had a younger sister, and he was caught sending roses to the little sister. :blink:

His answer back, after he tried to cover it up, was that the younger sister would do what she would not do.

And then imagine ghetto talk, because she started ranting and raving, and you could imagine her snapping her fingers behind the phone, with the, "Oh no you did-ant!" :lol:

Ah yes, Thursday mornings at 7 a.m., a great way to make your life seem that much better! :)

lol.

atom and maria were the only reason i'd listen to regular radio. it was the only reason i was going to get an HD radio, now i listen to just stuff on XM radio.

HD radio is probably gonna be nothing but 104.1 part 2 it will suck even more. Glad you moved to XM atleast no "Gallery Furniture" commercials or retarded lapband stuff. I went to a party and 104 was there they asked me a question and i told them i listened to XM and left :) The 104 jingle is lame.

For those that do not know, the whole premise of Roula and Ryan's Roses is that the DJ Roula, pretends to be a internet flower shop owner offering FREE roses to be sent. They person they offer it to simply has to say the name of the person they want to send it too and the message. by then the gimmick is up, so no address is needed.

The person suspected of cheating will either send it to his wife/girlfriend, or the lover he is cheating with. . .sounds like fun!

Ah yes, Thursday mornings at 7 a.m., a great way to make your life seem that much better! :)

Did anyone listen to the Roses episode this morning between Jim an Melissa.

Jim was worried that Melissa was spending way too much time at church since Preacher Paul (a younger replacement to the previous guy) started.

Turns out it was a false alarm as Melissa gave the roses to Jim.

Your thoughts for those that listened in.

I think she has the hots for Paul, but will not act upon it because she is such a good christian girl.

I do! I do! (Montrose)

That whole roses thing was a mix 96.5 idea and started with ONE emailer and turned into this big (piggy it back to KRBE)

so did the "Friday Morning Hookup" (I heard all this years ago on Roula and Ryan Mix 96.5) sad they couldn't come up with a new station, new format!

So where's the intern who does stupid stuff for them?

The latest Roula and Ryan Roses featured a new twist.

This time the girlfriend and the girl that he was cheating on were both on the air.

Lynne was dating Trey and Lynne "supposed" friend Valerie, had date Trey back in the day.

To prove that Trey was a dog to Lynne, Valerie went on a date with Trey.

When it came to the roses, Roula called Trey and he said the he wanted to send them to Valerie! :o, with the note saying, "Thank you for last weekend, hope we can do it again soon!"

So Trey is confronted and tries to sidetrack the argument, like most do, about being on the radio, rather than cheating.

Lynne did not want to speak with Valerie and said she was leaving Trey.

Comments?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Atom just posted a blog on his Myspace in response to many Houstonians (including me) making comments on his page about missing him and bringing him back.

I agree.....radio just isn't worth listening to anymore. I remember all of those mornings Atom and Maria took me to school (first to high school, then to UH)....radio was sweet. Oh well...times change.

Atom just posted a blog on his Myspace in response to many Houstonians (including me) making comments on his page about missing him and bringing him back.

From the above mentioned blog entry:

Not to mention being stabbed in the back by someone who called themself my friend for years. You never know who you can trust.

Is he is refering to Roula Christie since they were on air personalities together?

I don't know why, but I always thought Maria Todd reminded me of Robin Quivers (From the Howard Stern Show)

040318_quivers_vmed_12p.widec.jpg

she's got much more brains ... and was at least funny. that other chick on stern's show was awful.

Atom Smasher's MySpace profile.

Josh Reno is on there too.

so was he living in dallas that whole time he was on the radio here? or did he recently move there?

a dallisian huh? well, we wish him luck in the big D. might suit him better than houston. he seemed a bit underappreciated here.

He just was underappreciated by the station he worked for, I think they still had a huge fan base here.

On a side note, I wish someone would just speak up about the whole Maria Todd/Sam Malone thing, are they friends or not anymore?!?!?! :mellow:

I think I was one of the few that enjoyed Atom and Maria. Atom did take awhile to grow on me.

atom wasn't bad ... kinda like a puppy. maria was definitely the funnier of the two.

Sam Malone left KRBE to Replace Roula and Ryan at KHMX, and did not take or include Maria Todd in his transition, but he did include Michele Fischer, aka Mickey Boo (dumb name). That is the issue I am talking about, why not Maria and why instead Michele.

like i said ... drama

... who knows. i thought i would like sam malone on 740 AM (ktrh) --is he still on there, but found him kinda lame. i had not listened to him before.

• 1 month later...

Archived