Shake up on KRBE

ricco67

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
He's got a talk show on KPRC 950 AM 10:00- 12:00 PM weekday's.

Anyone listen to the local trio on 950AM much? I prefer talk radio, and don't think i'll ever be savvy enough to podcast so had, had been listening to 950am in the morning, but this morning Michael Berry and Roseanne Rogers were having the creepiest conversation about doing things "naked" in the waterway in the Woodlands, and being naked at some other festival. Just "creepy" for lack of better word, and then Michael Garfield being passively-aggressively political is saying "I can't say 'ho'!" in his voice-overs and ads. Does Garfield realize that "ho" is slang and short for "whore?????"

After listening to those guys this morning, I decided A. I won't any longer, and B. They're both jerks!

Thanks.

Anyone listen to the local trio on 950AM much? I prefer talk radio, and don't think i'll ever be savvy enough to podcast so had, had been listening to 950am in the morning, but this morning Michael Berry and Roseanne Rogers were having the creepiest conversation about doing things "naked" in the waterway in the Woodlands, and being naked at some other festival. Just "creepy" for lack of better word, and then Michael Garfield being passively-aggressively political is saying "I can't say 'ho'!" in his voice-overs and ads. Does Garfield realize that "ho" is slang and short for "whore?????"

After listening to those guys this morning, I decided A. I won't any longer, and B. They're both jerks!

Thanks.

actually "ho'" is short for "hole" if you want to be a bit more graphic about it, and he's probably old enough to remember that.

What R. Rogers does in her own personal time is no one's business anyway, and if she wants to talk about it that's just poor judgment on her part. I wouldn't mind videos, though. :)

Thanks.

I gave up 950AM long ago. Along with 740AM. I am further up the dial now with BizRadio (1320AM). Not much political talk ... thankfully!

I gave up 950AM long ago. Along with 740AM. I am further up the dial now with BizRadio (1320AM). Not much political talk ... thankfully!

Well, I gave up on Local radio and went to XM years ago. Tell you one thing, what made me change was the fact 740 went to an all news format to a talk format and it got on my nerves. It was one of the few places I could get a constant update on traffic and news. Now even when major news strikes, they don't really interrupt their shows at all. it's totally annoying.

now I can listen to the talk shows when *I* want to as opposed to just news or whatever.

XM: I highly recommend it. it's worth the money.

Well, I gave up on Local radio and went to XM years ago. Tell you one thing, what made me change was the fact 740 went to an all news format to a talk format and it got on my nerves. It was one of the few places I could get a constant update on traffic and news. Now even when major news strikes, they don't really interrupt their shows at all. it's totally annoying.

now I can listen to the talk shows when *I* want to as opposed to just news or whatever.

Same reason I am totally into podcasting. It is stuff I want to listen to, WHEN I want to listen. I am a news and talk show junkie so it 'fixes' me really good.

It was one of the few places I could get a constant update on traffic and news. Now even when major news strikes, they don't really interrupt their shows at all. it's totally annoying.

Is traffic that bad that you have to get satellite radio? don nelson's skills aren't enough?

Well, let me say this. HAIF has right-wing, left-wing, conservative, liberal, progressive, gay, straight, black, Hispanic, Asian ... even Persian.

LOL

But seriously, you get a balance of opinions from those who care to chime in. I can deal with it, because normally it is thoughtful and heartfelt.

As I mentioned in another thread, KTRH is totally tilting to the right, right now.

Here's their lineup:

Midnight Coast to Coast - George Noory (supernatural)

4 a.m. Wall Street Journal This Morning (business)

5 a.m. KTRH Morning News - Lana Hughes and J.P. Pritchard (news, traffic, weather)

(Paul Harvey's "The Rest of the Story" at 5:50 and "News and Comment" at 7:50)

9 a.m. Troubleshooter Tom Martino (consumer)

10:40 a.m. Paul Harvey (pop culture)

11 a.m. Rush Limbaugh (right)

2 p.m. Chris Baker (middle to right)

6 p.m. Joe Pags (?)

8 p.m. Dennis Miller (right)

10 p.m. Coast To Coast (supernatural)

Here's their lineup:

Midnight Coast to Coast - George Noory (supernatural)

4 a.m. Wall Street Journal This Morning (business)

5 a.m. KTRH Morning News - Lana Hughes and J.P. Pritchard (news, traffic, weather)

(Paul Harvey's "The Rest of the Story" at 5:50 and "News and Comment" at 7:50)

9 a.m. Troubleshooter Tom Martino (consumer)

10:40 a.m. Paul Harvey (pop culture)

11 a.m. Rush Limbaugh (right)

2 p.m. Chris Baker (middle to right)

6 p.m. Joe Pags (?)

8 p.m. Dennis Miller (right)

10 p.m. Coast To Coast (supernatural)

i'm only available during the rush hr news. so the rush limbaugh stuff is not an option. the rain/lightning is nice right now!! a friend from UH forced me to play the piano tonight........i will put it this way, i surprised myself. debussy's claire de lune is so great!!

Is traffic that bad that you have to get satellite radio? don nelson's skills aren't enough?

It's not that it's that bad, but I rely on constant reports when I'm on a tight schedule. I find KTRH and KPRC's traffic reports severely lacking.

on XM the traffic reports are awesome and last for at least a few minutes. they go to the status on individual highways, then go to the various parts of the loop, then parts of the Beltway, then go into individual incidents on individual streets starting from CBD out to the county before shifting briefly to current weather and airport conditions/delays.

It's not that it's that bad, but I rely on constant reports when I'm on a tight schedule. I find KTRH and KPRC's traffic reports severely lacking.

on XM the traffic reports are awesome and last for at least a few minutes. they go to the status on individual highways, then go to the various parts of the loop, then parts of the Beltway, then go into individual incidents on individual streets starting from CBD out to the county before shifting briefly to current weather and airport conditions/delays.

That does sound pretty awesome.

That does sound pretty awesome.

it totally kicks a**! Plus it repeats/updates every couple of minutes.

My only irritation now is with CNN and the other news services that sometimes switch to other programming during the later hours. but what are you going to do, eh?

i like chris baker and coast to coast.

I used to like chris baker, until he just wouldn't let some people finish their line of thought and would hang up on them. Especially if they seemed like was going to be a good argument.

I also didn't like the fact that he seemed to mock every person that he seriously disagreed with by calling them unflattering names.

Coast to coast is awesome, I listen to it occasionally on XM radio. :)

I'm tellin' ya', that's one weird program.

• 3 weeks later...
Coast to coast is awesome, I listen to it occasionally on XM radio. :)

I'm tellin' ya', that's one weird program.

There is another program --if you're into podcasts-- called Dreamland. It is kinda like C2C, but without the annoying callers calling-in.

Archived