Shake up on KRBE

ricco67

Did anyone hear the Roses yesterday and today. Stacy wanted to see what was up with Jake, and then Jake instead asks Roula out on a date. Now they are actually following up with the story today with Jake on the phone again.

Obviously she is not going out with him, but it is hilarious to hear this stuff.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did anyone hear the Roses yesterday and today. Stacy wanted to see what was up with Jake, and then Jake instead asks Roula out on a date. Now they are actually following up with the story today with Jake on the phone again.

Obviously she is not going out with him, but it is hilarious to hear this stuff.

I miss Atom and Maria... they were so funny!!! :lol: They used to crack me up so bad when I would be driving home early in the morning after my night shifts... the only bad thing was that when I got home I couldn't fall asleep! Roula and Ryan are OK... I used to listen to Roula when she was on the radio in Philadelphia. They did the "Roses" bit up there... so I am guessing they got the idea for that bit from her.

Sounds like a match made in Heaven. Is he on in the morning? I didn't mind him in the evening but I really think he was bad with Maria in the morning.

His humor was not meant for the morning crew, and it got obnoxious.

Nighttime is his thing.

• 1 year later...
Atom is in Dallas now working at KISS FM

This proves you can't have a normal life if you decide to have a job in radio.

Atom is no longer in Dallas and is now living and working at WSTO-FM/Hot 96 Evansville, IN.

Evansville, really?!?!?! It's like College Station status.

The constant moving from city to city is exhausting I bet. Why bother buying a house when you know that you can get canned in a year or too.

This proves you can't have a normal life if you decide to have a job in radio.

Atom is no longer in Dallas and is now living and working at WSTO-FM/Hot 96 Evansville, IN.

Evansville, really?!?!?! It's like College Station status.

The constant moving from city to city is exhausting I bet. Why bother buying a house when you know that you can get canned in a year or too.

From my junior year of college to the end of my radio career (four 1/2 years total) I worked at 14 different stations for five companies in six cities. Radio's an awful way to waste your youth. Thank God for television. At least that was only seven stations in four cities over ten years.

From my junior year of college to the end of my radio career (four 1/2 years total) I worked at 14 different stations for five companies in six cities. Radio's an awful way to waste your youth. Thank God for television. At least that was only seven stations in four cities over ten years.

Unless you like being forever single, expect traveling, and not having local and long lasting friendships, I so agree.

Looks like a waste of time. When I finished school, I was ready for home ownership, job security, hanging with friends, and finding a mate.

Looks like a waste of time. When I finished school, I was ready for home ownership, job security, hanging with friends, and finding a mate.

Funny, what is the saying? Youth is wasted on the young? I could not conceive of buying a house and tying myself in a mortgage until I was well into my thirties. The idea that I couldn't just pack up my stuff and move whenever I wanted kept me renting and unmarried a long time. Plus it freed up a lot of cash to blow on travelling!

Ed's right, radio and tv both are just brutal. I've had a few friends over the years in the business but unfortunately never kept them up. Too much moving around. Although, I'm convinced there is a special circle of hell for people who did really crappy, but not big-time crappy things (like run over squirrels and cats) where they are forced to listen to drive time DJs for eternity. DJs, what torture.

Archived