Things that irritate me

Parrothead

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you stop denegrating negroes but still denegrate others(Caucasian, Asian, Irich, German, etc, etc, ad naseum), you're either a racist or a hypocrite. Speaks well of your character, doesn't it?

Stop bashing the white people. It's unjustified.

If you stop denegrating negroes but still denegrate others(Caucasian, Asian, Irich, German, etc, etc, ad naseum), you're either a racist or a hypocrite. Speaks well of your character, doesn't it?

Stop bashing the white people. It's unjustified.

how about Spics, Wetbacks, and greasers? (no offense, greaser)

it's a derogatory aimed at hispanics, but it was also describes the subculture as well.

For awhile, I thought it also included Italians, but what do I know?

A "Greaser" was also a term in the 50's and 60's to describe the kids in gangs that slicked back their hair with pomade. Where do you think the name for the movie "GREASE" came from ? Those in the Rockabilly culture are sometimes referred to as Greasers as well.

These are "Greasers":

outsiders_1.jpg

I have changed my mind about the mexican flag thing. I use to have a "D" sticker on my vehicle, which of course stands for Deutschland (Germany). I don't think its really hostile, and I don't know why I would want everyone I cut off on the road to know I'm german... But then again, I would never fly the german flag in my house, because I don't really see the point in that.

I have changed my mind about the mexican flag thing. I use to have a "D" sticker on my vehicle, which of course stands for Deutschland (Germany). I don't think its really hostile, and I don't know why I would want everyone I cut off on the road to know I'm german... But then again, I would never fly the german flag in my house, because I don't really see the point in that.

Flag waving is a form of nationalism. A 3x4 sticker on your car showing you have German heritage is a little less offensive. Now, if it were a 3x4 Swastika sticker representative of your German heritage you might get a few strange looks and middle fingers thrown at you.

Seriously this time, lol - You all can correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that once a mailbox is in place, it becomes the property of the US Government. Tampering with mailboxes is a federal offence, that much I am sure of. Attaching any flag to a mailbox is illegal and a federal crime. Report it to the Postmaster.

Seriously this time, lol - You all can correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that once a mailbox is in place, it becomes the property of the US Government. Tampering with mailboxes is a federal offence, that much I am sure of. Attaching any flag to a mailbox is illegal and a federal crime. Report it to the Postmaster.

I'm sorry, but don't you think that's being a BIT petty?

I'm sorry, but don't you think that's being a BIT petty?

Not only is it a LOT petty, it is also incorrect. Title 18, United States Code, Section 1705 states as follows:

Whoever willfully or maliciously injures, tears down or destroys any letter box or other receptacle intended or used for the receipt or delivery of mail on any mail route, or breaks open the same or willfully or maliciously injures, defaces or destroys any mail deposited therein, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.

Merely attaching a flag to a mailbox does not constitute injury, tearing down or destroying it, and even if one could make the argument that it is, one must also prove that it was done with malicious intent. In fact, the opposite may apply...ripping the flag from another's mailbox may be a federal crime. One's only recourse to flags on mailboxes appears to be whining about it on internet forums.

The point is: American culture is being supplanted by third-worlders who have no respect for our country. Foreign flags flapping everywhere, English barely heard anymore, millions of yahoos celebrating their Mexican-ness. Take down the foreign flags and paint over the red, white and green cabs.

Enough already. America bashing and white hatred shouldn't be tolerated.

White are a minority in Houston-why isn't Al Sharpton stepping up for me? Oh yeah, he's black.

As of 2000 non-Hispanic Whites are Houston's largest minority with 601,851 out of 1,953,631 (31%) http://www.houstontx.gov/planning/suprnbhd...61_downtown.htm

* Hispanics are 730,865 (37%)

* Non-Hispanic Blacks are 487,851 (25%)

* Non-Hispanic Asians are 102,706 (5%)

* Non-Hispanic Two or More Races are 23,830 (1%)

* Non-Hispanic Native Americans are 3,234 (Less than 1%)

* Non-Hispanic others are 2,614

* Non-Hispanic Native Hawaiians are 680

With people 18 or older, the total is 1,416,973

* Non-Hispanic Whites are 499,473 (35%)

* Hispanics are 476,451 (34%)

* Non-Hispanic Blacks are 340,032 (24%)

* Non-Hispanic Asians are 80,191 (6%)

* Non-Hispanic Two or More Races are 16,137 (1%)

* Non-Hispanic Native Americans are 2,485 (Less than 1%)

* Non-Hispanic others are 1,707

* Non-Hispanic Native Hawaiians are 497

With people under 18, the total is 536,658

* Hispanics are 254,414 (47%)

* Non-Hispanic Blacks are 147,819 (28%)

* Non-Hispanic Whites are 102,378 (19%)

* Non-Hispanic Asians are 22,515 (4%)

* Non-Hispanic Two or More Races are 7,693 (1%)

* Non-Hispanic Native Americans are 749 (Less than 1%)

* Non-Hispanic others are 907

* Non-Hispanic Native Hawaiians are 183

The point is: American culture is being supplanted by third-worlders who have no respect for our country. Foreign flags flapping everywhere, English barely heard anymore, millions of yahoos celebrating their Mexican-ness. Take down the foreign flags and paint over the red, white and green cabs.

White are a minority in Houston-why isn't Al Sharpton stepping up for me? Oh yeah, he's black.

I am trying to figure out if you are for real or if you are just being a Colbert. For your sake, I am hoping it's the latter.

So, besides whining on every one of your post and spewing your obvious racist filled garbage on this forum. What are you doing in your communtity in order to turn this tide of "white hatred" so that YOU can be accepted, after all, it's not your fault you were born white is it. You poor poor man, being born a white male in America, of all places, is just such a travesty, you have absolutely ZERO chance to be able to make it here in this country. Boo friggin' Hoo Toggle, go cry me a river, then finish those cookies for the Klan's bakesale.

The people flying the Mexican flag in the US are exercising their First Amendment right that makes this country worth the dirt it sits upon. Live with it or go to some other country where you can only fly their flag.

Brewster, perhaps you should knock on these people's doors and see if they actually flew their flag when they were back in wherever. I am willing to wager that you would be met with a surprisingly high amount of "NO!" answers.

I myself only fly the Welsh flag on the WORLD WIDE WEB, not in my frontyard because that is my ancestory. I will fly American because I was born in America and live IN America.

"Flags are particularly important at sea, where they can mean the difference between life and death, and consequently where the rules and regulations for the flying of flags are strictly enforced. A national flag flown at sea is known as an ensign. A courteous, peaceable merchant ship or yacht customarily flies its ensign (in the usual ensign position), together with the flag of whatever nation it is currently visiting at the mast (known as a courtesy flag). To fly one's ensign alone in foreign waters, a foreign port or in the face of a foreign warship traditionally indicates a willingness to fight, with cannon, for the right to do so. As of 2006, this custom is still taken seriously by many naval and port authorities and is readily enforced in many parts of the world by boarding, confiscation and other civil penalties."

Now before you say,"but we aren't at sea!" I will stop you right here. I understand this, I was simply stating how and why it is important that those wishing to partake in the American dream need to check where there loyalties lie. They need to remember that they wanted to be part of THIS great country sooooooooo bad they willingly gave up their citizenship to become part of the great melting pot, and need to continue to show their respect to this country first, and their piece of crap country that they came from second.

Brewster, perhaps you should knock on these people's doors and see if they actually flew their flag when they were back in wherever. I am willing to wager that you would be met with a surprisingly high amount of "NO!" answers.

I myself only fly the Welsh flag on the WORLD WIDE WEB, not in my frontyard becasue that is my ancestory. I will fly American because I was born in America and live IN America.

Whether or not you agree with what they do does not mean they are not in their right. This is the reason why the American flag is worth flying at all.

I have an uncle who is of Italian descent who flew an Italian flag from his boat with nary a peep from anyone.

So, besides whining on every one of your post and spewing your obvious racist filled garbage on this forum. What are you doing in your communtity in order to turn this tide of "white hatred" ..../quote]

Au contraire, I've written nothing racist. I've simply articulated my support of Martin Luther King Jr's idea that people should be judged "by the content of their character rather than the color of their skin". So, affirmative action needs to end. Quotas need to go. And defining people by color/race/ethnicity should stop.

The embrace-diversity crowd are the racists---embracing everyone but white people. That's racist. Living in houston, it's clear that people with the darke skins are haters of those with lighter skin. It needs to be recognized and stopped.

Au contraire, I've written nothing racist. I've simply articulated my support of Martin Luther King Jr's idea that people should be judged "by the content of their character rather than the color of their skin". [D]efining people by color/race/ethnicity should stop.

Says the dude who said earlier

What would Dr. King say about that? :rolleyes:

My Mexican National neighbor told me they were disgusting with CISD....that the white kids should be REQUIRED to learn spanish so they could communicate with them. :mellow:

Hubby ran and hid. The room got really quiet. I just did the old school "oh my" response. In my head I was popping a cap in her ass.

Katie, tell them that the TEA requires all people to learn how to write an English essay by Grade 11. By Grade 7 students are expected to take TAKS in English. So, that should kill your neighbor's argument.

Granted, we already have enough Spanish foreign language requirements in elementary school (By middle school kids may choose between Spanish, French, and other languages, if available).

Archived