Meteor Club At 2306 Genesee St.

janielynn01

Spring Auction Art Chair!

See the work of the Interior Design students from The Art Institute of Houston. Bid on an Art Chair or vote to send two students to the Neocon Convention in June. There will be live entertainment and horderves.

Meteor

2306 Genesse

Houston, TX 77006

May 13th

2pm - 6pm

Please Come Out to Support Us!

Neocon is a trip that my class is taking to Chicago. It kinda like a market of the new and latest products that are coming out. Here is a link to it... http://www.merchandisemart.com/neocon/

sorry if I didn't make it clear about what the Neocon trip was.. This is our first time doing this art chair event... so we just want everyone to come check it out.

Neocon is a trip that my class is taking to Chicago. It kinda like a market of the new and latest products that are coming out. Here is a link to it... http://www.merchandisemart.com/neocon/

sorry if I didn't make it clear about what the Neocon trip was.. This is our first time doing this art chair event... so we just want everyone to come check it out.

i thought that's when folks travelled to conventions where they dress like anime characters! :lol:

• 1 year later...

Last weekend I was able to get a sneak preview of a (gay) community favorite lounge, Meteor. This former hotspot has been closed for going on 3 years I believe. I had heard that over a million dollars was spent on the renovation. It will definitely be the nicest club/lounge in the Montrose area.

The interior has been gutted and remodeled with a natural feel. There is a lot of "Austin looking" limestone on the walls. They have added new leather couches with better lighting. They have added a DJ booth in the center of the club. Also, they have added a VIP area with silver beaded curtains in the very center of the club. I had heard that the patio will run several hundred thousand dollars when complete. In the back, a few pool tables have been added.

I predict this will be a very popular club when it opens.

Club opens September 20th. See you there!

Edited by WestGrayGuy

Last weekend I was able to get a sneak preview of a (gay) community favorite lounge, Meteor. This former hotspot has been closed for going on 3 years I believe. I had heard that over a million dollars was spent on the renovation. It will definitely be the nicest club/lounge in the Montrose area.

The interior has been gutted and remodeled with a natural feel. There is a lot of "Austin looking" limestone on the walls. They have added new leather couches with better lighting. They have added a DJ booth in the center of the club. Also, they have added a VIP area with silver beaded curtains in the very center of the club. I had heard that the patio will run several hundred thousand dollars when complete. In the back, a few pool tables have been added.

I predict this will be a very popular club when it opens.

Club opens September 20th. See you there!

Charles Armstrong put a lot of money into it.....tiles imported from Italy (so the rumor goes at least!!), etc.....

He is going to have a shuttle run between it and the other clubs (South Beach, JRs area) which should help the location/parking issue a bit...

Did you see the special guest while you were there> <G>

Last weekend I was able to get a sneak preview of a (gay) community favorite lounge, Meteor. This former hotspot has been closed for going on 3 years I believe.
I worked there part time. It closed July 2006.
Who was the special guest?I'm excited about Meteor reopening. I always liked it better than most of the other bars in Montrose and was sad to see it close.
Some adult film star Lucas.Go to www.meteorhouston.com. Just FYI, it is likely not safe for work, or was we non noobs say, NSFW!
Charles Armstrong put a lot of money into it.....tiles imported from Italy (so the rumor goes at least!!), etc.....He is going to have a shuttle run between it and the other clubs (South Beach, JRs area) which should help the location/parking issue a bit...Did you see the special guest while you were there> <G>
They have been talking about a shuttle service since they bought the place, and have yet to implement it. But I guess we shall see. Edited by Pumapayam

I worked there part time. It closed July 2006.Some adult film star Lucas.Go to www.meteorhouston.com. Just FYI, it is likely not safe for work, or was we non noobs say, NSFW!They have been talking about a shuttle service since they bought the place, and have yet to implement it. But I guess we shall see.

Well, that link just takes you to the Meteor homepage with an "opening soon" message. But I think I know who you're referring to... and wow, wish I had seen him in person!

I had not heard of a shuttle service. Back when it was open, I used to walk the distance from SOBE to Meteor. Kinda crazy I know as it is not the safest. They are like a half mile apart.

Yes it was Lukas Ridgeston of Bel Ami fame.

People get mugged by the hustlers and homeless. It is dark.

Especially by the Ripcord. . . Woof! :wub:

About time this place opens again! I used to LOVE going there and have been wondering when it would open again. I wish it was located right on the strip near SOBE and JRs and all of the other bars... that would be pretty cool if they had some sort of shuttle... i guess we will see.

Since when did Houston become like Los Angeles.
All big cities have VIP rooms and stuff like that in certain clubs and bars... Houston is no different. A friend of mine who used to live in Beverly Hills told me he actually was surprised at how similar Houston was to L.A when it comes to the club/bar scene.... just Houston was obviously on a smaller scale. When I went out to L.A. i thought the same thing... just my opinion of course. B)
Well, I call it a VIP area. It is just a beaded enclosed area that is directly in front of the door. Originally there were flat panels screens above this sitting area. I predict this will definitely affect Guava.
Hope not too bad... I love Guava. My bf and I live right up the road in the Heights, so we usually hit Guava before heading into Montrose... or just go to Guava if we only want to go out for a few drink and not drive into Montrose.

• The title was changed to Art Chair
  • The title was changed to Meteor Club At 2306 Genesee St.