Texas Southern University's President Being Protected By Black Panthers

So one crook is gone...

Now when is the DA going to arrest Carol Alvarado?

Harris County is kind of distracted now cause they have to move 500 inmates to other jails due to overcrowding. How much square footage did Northpark have again?

Well, now Quanell has a nice crusade against HPD again, so he has distanced himself from the TSU scammer.

Ah Quanell. You got to hand it to him he does provide some memorable quotes:

"Just because a cat gives birth in an oven don't makem biscuits!"

"You all up in the kool-aid and don't know which flavor"

Just a quick correction, TSU wasn't founded to keep blacks out of UH. It was started to keep blacks out of UT-Austin. Just like Prairie View ATM was founded to keep blacks out of Texas ATM.

The entire history of both HBCUs is fascinating. Jim Crow was alive and well in Texas during those years...

Just a quick correction, TSU wasn't founded to keep blacks out of UH. It was started to keep blacks out of UT-Austin. Just like Prairie View ATM was founded to keep blacks out of Texas ATM.

The entire history of both HBCUs is fascinating. Jim Crow was alive and well in Texas during those years...

Close, but no cigar. Read the history again. TSU was founded well-before a black man wanted to go the UT's law school. <_<

http://www.tsu.edu/about/history/index.asp

• 2 weeks later...
To bachannon and ssulivan, i agree with alot of points you made about TSU's reputation. But me, as a student there finds it a little harsh saying its embarassing to the city of houston and the black community. It's a school that does have charachter and events that that are very well known to the hip-hop community. Plus, its a big part of Houston's black History and Third Ward.

I meant no offense to you greystone or anyone else affiliated with the university. I do realize it has played a major role in one of our city's largest communities; a community that is often overlooked and associated with more things negative than positive. However, wehn community leaders publically make excuses to try and justify something that is clearly wrong, if not a crime, it is embarrssing. Not just to the Third Ward and black community, but to everyone. I'm sorry, but when someone tries to justify what Dr. Slade did, it makes me question his or her own integrity. The fact that she is still not "officially" fired, and that the TSU website still so prominently displays her welcome page makes me question the actions of TSU's board and other leaders. People outside the community and university look at this and it does nothing but reinforce already existing negative stereotypes about TSU. Some truly great people who have contributed enormously to our society have come out of TSU. But these accomplishments are almost never thought of by many people when they talk about TSU because of all of the negative things that are associated with the school. I won't deny that Dr. Slade has accomplished a lot of positive changes for the university. But again, this scandal, along with her actions since it came out publically, have done nothing but totally overshadow what good she has done.

• The title was changed to Texas Southern University's President Being Protected By Black Panthers

Archived