Back Alley

Fitzgeralds West

Texas Live

Peter's Wildlife

6400 Sports Bar

T-Town 2000

Club Bar Rio

Stereo Live

Hey Rage, I follow you on Mixcloud, coincidentally found you here looking for some old Richmond venue info! Knew & had been to most of the incarnations of the 6400 location & actually was part of the crew that opened Back Alley in 91-92 (Blake Davidson spun there in the beginning). Do you (or anyone) remember the retro 50's style diner that was right across the street from Back Alley around 92/93? It lived almost exactly as long as BA then disappeared. I recall that the female owner was also part of an ownership group of other clubs around Houston in the 80s, possibly Power Tools. Could be way off base tho. Also, I recall the diner having a UFO/alien theme to it & it was referenced in the name but can't for the life of me remember what it was called. It was open late & I think 24 hrs over the weekend so we'd always end up there after club-hopping. Was heavy into Power Tools at the time, where I had also moonlighted for a bit in '94 when their door guy left them stranded.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Historic Houston Clubs
  • 9 months later...
On 7/15/2022 at 1:07 PM, Kasper said:

Hey Rage, I follow you on Mixcloud, coincidentally found you here looking for some old Richmond venue info! Knew & had been to most of the incarnations of the 6400 location & actually was part of the crew that opened Back Alley in 91-92 (Blake Davidson spun there in the beginning). Do you (or anyone) remember the retro 50's style diner that was right across the street from Back Alley around 92/93? It lived almost exactly as long as BA then disappeared. I recall that the female owner was also part of an ownership group of other clubs around Houston in the 80s, possibly Power Tools. Could be way off base tho. Also, I recall the diner having a UFO/alien theme to it & it was referenced in the name but can't for the life of me remember what it was called. It was open late & I think 24 hrs over the weekend so we'd always end up there after club-hopping. Was heavy into Power Tools at the time, where I had also moonlighted for a bit in '94 when their door guy left them stranded.

I remember eating at a late-night, UFO/alien-themed restaurant in 1992, on either Richmond or Westheimer. I guess it could have been described as '50s style as well. I was pretty impressed with the decor, and I remember a lot of blue light. Sorry I can't remember the name. (Even sorrier I can't provide info on Highrise Tower's request about the girls at the Reno Club - they sure are a bunch of lookers who embody all that Houston has to offer!)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Highrise Tower said:

I have an unknown club/bar building here.  Does anyone know more information?  Wast his located at 610 and South Main next to Sonny Look's?  The area does not fit South Main?

Round Up

E1LKgmr.jpg

That's the Round Up Rodeo in Simonton.

• Like 1

On 7/22/2023 at 11:32 PM, bugtoaster said:

I remember eating at a late-night, UFO/alien-themed restaurant in 1992, on either Richmond or Westheimer. I guess it could have been described as '50s style as well. I was pretty impressed with the decor, and I remember a lot of blue light. Sorry I can't remember the name. (Even sorrier I can't provide info on Highrise Tower's request about the girls at the Reno Club - they sure are a bunch of lookers who embody all that Houston has to offer!)

It was the only one circa '92 (or ever that I can recall) so was definitely the same one & on Richmond, directly across from 6400 which had already burned, demo'd & rebuilt as Back Alley at that point (I helped opened BA & worked the door there for awhile). The diner was owned/bankrolled/run by a couple of the old Power Tools crew (I worked there as well from time to time). The owner/GM was a female but too many brain cells gone to remember her name...super cool, tatted, short platinum blonde hair. Jeebus that was so long ago....

'the girls at the Reno Club - they sure are a bunch of lookers who embody all that Houston has to offer'

If I recall, that's the University of Texas Longhorns cheerleading squad. (yes, I'm an Aggie)

Edited by Kasper
fat fingers
  • Like 1