Post Oak Row: Retail Center At 1801 Post Oak Blvd.

Golyadkin

A few years back the city bought up a few feet of the front of my building's property for the light rail expansion. There are yellow dashed spray painted lines going down both sidewalks on Post Oak that line up perfectly with the land we sold (you can see the line on Google Streetview, and the front bit of my building's land that was sold here: http://goo.gl/maps/dDqnR). It looks like it pushes it out about 3-6 ft. on both sites. My bet is that that is going to be the new edges of the street.
The real restriction on widening at least on the east side of the road will be 1801 - the little strip center with Al's Formal Wear and Mo's Steakhouse. That building is almost up against the sidewalk as it is.

• 5 years later...

I live in Four Leaf Towers and have a view of the site.; I try to walk a few miles a day.  I noticed that the rug store had one of  huge sale signs plastering its windows yesterday, but couldn't read the actual words.  They also seem to have pulled a sewer line and capped it.  My hunch is that its a question of financing and what's going on in the debt markets for hotel/apartment properties and on a project specific basis there is a big factor on where the Houston economy will be over the term of the financing.  
There are plans for two additional hotels on this strip and three across 610 in the not quite River Oaks district.

On 1/17/2019 at 3:03 PM, Skyboxdweller said:

I live in Four Leaf Towers and have a view of the site.; I try to walk a few miles a day.  I noticed that the rug store had one of  huge sale signs plastering its windows yesterday, but couldn't read the actual words.  They also seem to have pulled a sewer line and capped it.  My hunch is that its a question of financing and what's going on in the debt markets for hotel/apartment properties and on a project specific basis there is a big factor on where the Houston economy will be over the term of the financing.  
There are plans for two additional hotels on this strip and three across 610 in the not quite River Oaks district.

The rug store signs say MOVING SALE!

Wow they just moved in not long ago...so yes it seems the whole development (rug store and "poker plaza" are about to be gone! 

20 minutes ago, gene said:

The rug store signs say MOVING SALE!

Wow they just moved in not long ago...so yes it seems the whole development (rug store and "poker plaza" are about to be gone! 

Yeah this is great news. Hopefully we hear what will replace this chunk of land this year. We can assume it will be pedestrian friendly. 

• 1 month later...
On 1/22/2019 at 9:02 PM, Skyboxdweller said:

Rug stores seem go to have a strategy of being the last tenant in properties about to go under the dozer.  I guess they don't need much in terms of build out, other than a paint mob and some track lighting.;  Inventory fan be moved in a large moving van in a day or two.

They also have a tendency and strategy of having Moving Sale and Going Out Of Business Sale signs for YEARS haha! I am shocked they did indeed close so soon afterall! 😂 I hope the poker place closes/relocates soon and demolition begins asap!

• 4 weeks later...

Last night i rode my bike past this lot and it was packed with cars all for the Post Oak Poker Club. I wonder how long they will stay there, preventing this from getting started? I think they should move to the old Willie G's building just up the road on Post Oak...that would be perfect for them! 

• 3 weeks later...

haha yeah i just looked up their facebook too!

here is their new location:

German John Florez, 1001 west loop south. Suite 400

Its too bad they couldn't take over the old Willie G's as popular as this poker club is (and the fact that its called POST OAK Poker Club to stay on the street....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived